Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

He has time to post on Twitter. Mostly about TSW or re-tweeting Conan Exiles stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    He has time to post on Twitter. Mostly about TSW or re-tweeting Conan Exiles stuff.
    Eh, wtf is going on, you mean he has the time to type out 140 characters and hitting the send button... Oh my days... Funcom gives their staff way too much freedom. Bring back the days of chains and whips because some people are taking way too many liberties!

Has anyone phoned the police yet? Surely that ****s illegal.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

140 characters at a time is not much, but put a few of those together and you have a post on AO forums that would likely bump his average up to 3 a month.

VR AO... hah!

Just this week I was thinking through what it would take to make AO mostly playable with something like the HTC Vive. If I had one laying around, I'd certainly look into it

Wouldn't that be something?
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Yes unfortunately they exploit the hell out of him - this is why he is so silent here - because has 2 jobs (maybe 3).
    Very sad for a company which claims to be big.

And yep we are fortunate to have him here ! And he is doing very nice job also ...
    I agree. He must really have a strong feeling for AO to keep doing it and trying to give us content. I'd love to work with him and do retextures and content for AO. Would be fun. I'm sure he has some basic help but I feel like funcom could afford to give a salary to 2 full time resources. I don't work there and could be totally wrong but seems like it would be worth it, at least if they have some real intention of going to steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    My alts already get 200% xp gain with 4holes buff...
    I already leveled my alts with 500% xp gain, don't give me more plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    My alts already get 200% xp gain with 4holes buff...
    Quote Originally Posted by NotInAGuild View Post
    I already leveled my alts with 500% xp gain, don't give me more plz!
    The suggestion was aimed towards people that may or may not return and hopefully a few new people. The more enticing the offer even if it's only 50% XP pet or something, the more people will stay, the more cash they will earn, the better chance they have that some of that cash will come back to Anarchy Online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

So when is the free week? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    So when is the free week? :>
    His twitter account shows that the Anniversary event is from June 23rd to July 11th - (Src: https://twitter.com/TheMichizure/sta...45457588543488 ) , whereas the forum update states, "For a week of the anniversary event , accounts that are frozen, and in good standing, will be allowed to log into the game to celebrate the anniversary event." (Src: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...er-Year-Older) )

However, the main website states that, "For the duration of the Anniversary celebration, accounts that have been frozen and/or gone unpaid, and are in good standing, will be able to log in freely for the duration of the event!" (Src: http://www.anarchy-online.com/news/1...ry-celebration)

There seems to be some discrepancy between these 2 posts. I guess we will find out tomorrow morning
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; Jun 22nd, 2016 at 16:29:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...ee-play-period

"It'll start the 23rd and go until July 11th."
    Q & A :

Q: What is the first thing I will do in my free week ?
    A: Buy GRACE(s) from GMI and pay my account. I will farm credist after that and pay for next(s) GRACE.

Q: When shall I take advantage of the nice anniversary offers ?
    A: ASAP - I will not wait for the last day and wonder why the offer expired 15mins earlier !

Q: What shall we all do in order to have a great anniversary ?
    A: Be online - gather your friends - tweet it - facebook it - mail it - they will gather, believe me
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Q & A :

Q: What is the first thing I will do in my free week ?
    A: Buy GRACE(s) from GMI and pay my account. I will farm credist after that and pay for next(s) GRACE.

Q: When shall I take advantage of the nice anniversary offers ?
    A: ASAP - I will not wait for the last day and wonder why the offer expired 15mins earlier !

Q: What shall we all do in order to have a great anniversary ?
    A: Be online - gather your friends - tweet it - facebook it - mail it - they will gather, believe me
    I'm *almost* sure that you need an active subscription prior to using a Grace, even thru the free week they'll give out. At least the last time I tried to do that, it failed....So you might want to check that to be sure.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

What is the first thing I will do in my free week...Rage Quit & cancel paid acct due to the patch server not working properly...which is what I'll do if they can't get it together. Since the test live server is exhibiting that same behavior I assume it'll be same ol' same ol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    What is the first thing I will do in my free week...Rage Quit & cancel paid acct due to the patch server not working properly...which is what I'll do if they can't get it together. Since the test live server is exhibiting that same behavior I assume it'll be same ol' same ol'.
    yep.

I've done it at least twice. Try to reinstall, doesn't work, get hang ups... pff irritating as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I'm *almost* sure that you need an active subscription prior to using a Grace, even thru the free week they'll give out. At least the last time I tried to do that, it failed....So you might want to check that to be sure.
    Nope, not really, but yeah kinda do . well you need a active account to purchase a Grace, don't need one to use a Grace . did this a few months back, pressed Reactivate account, then used Grace (was purchased from active account) . . then learn, it wasn't the account I wanted reactivated.
    I really didn't try to purchase Grace from the closed account, so I could be mistaken about the need to purchase from Active account. I just know from a closed account I can use a grace starting with "reactivate" Button, then use Grace Key

not sure how much time one has before the account gets closed, if you do nothing, since I did everything within the hour . . one might be a whole 24 hours, or it could just be 1 hour, or even less
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...ee-play-period

"It'll start the 23rd and go until July 11th."
    Thats 2,5 weeks. Do i have 1 free week since i log in or 23.06 - 11.07 is free to play?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Thats 2,5 weeks. Do i have 1 free week since i log in or 23.06 - 11.07 is free to play?
    Hey there Ciex. I have a fair amount of people asking me, so I decided to edit my post. Please look above for details. As it stands now, I would think that you may only log in for the duration of the event.

I have a question for Devs,

when will:

"Membership Rewards

Commencing with this update, Anarchy Online subscribers can expect to receive some extra rewards, simply by subscribing; through the continued support of the game, additional rewards will unlock and become free to claim! These rewards include unique buffing gear, social clothes, and other items that will make your stay on Rubi-Ka easier. Details on these rewards can be found here: http://www.anarchy-online.com/membership-rewards. New and additional rewards will be made available over the coming months - Claim yours today!"

come again? It would be nice to know in advance aprox date so we can buy some game time before rewards are issued?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    come again? It would be nice to know in advance aprox date so we can buy some game time before rewards are issued?
    They've been in the game for a while already.
    And the "days" are cumulative basically supplanting the veteran point system.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Does this mean people are playing AO again?

I'm not..

Edit: Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Does this mean people are playing AO again?

I'm not..

Edit: Yet.
    At the Moment i think 500-600 Players are in AO atm Online at Primetime... not more...
    And i'm not satisfied with the new patch... and other People too...

Friends and my Org playing more GTA5 as Anarchy Online
    Last edited by Alves; Jun 23rd, 2016 at 12:41:44.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast