Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Not in every Situation but take a look at this for Example
    Yay, this is an obvious situation just abusing game to level up (but in a way, NT heckling with OST is another one ...).

What i just meant upper is about ruining PVP fun of "normal" players (= not Mbing) : if it became bannable to be detected as sending (eg) 5, 10 or 15 hits in the same millisecond (even using different IPs), then the MBers would space the assist/kill of each toon of 0,5 sec. And so on every time the bannable rate would change. So again in the end, no technical/human way could make 100% sure not to be fronting packets of coordinated players OR unique MBer adapting to new rules.

Hence i think we should turn toward a targetside approach in PVP zones to reduce MB advantage to zero or nearby. No advantage, no cheat needed. Otherwise, let cheaters cheat and PVP die (wich is my choice, boycotting it all).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I've said it many times, boots on the ground GM's monitoring activity in MB situations, if those GM's have game knowledge similar to Mitchi, can spot a boxer a mile off.

If FC would pull their heads out of that dark orifice and look at the best game they have, and invest into it would flourish.

I published a video of the engine update, that video now stands at nearly 40k views on youtube, in youtube terms that is small, chewbacca mum sits at 44 million since last week as a comparison; FC act like a new youtuber, wanting to become rich and famous, grasping at trends which is akin to buying a guitar because you want to be rockstar, yes it could happen, but yeah.......... good luck with that, and your winning lotto ticket.

But 40 K views says, that the game has fans, that would part with money to play it if were invested into, to make a point, my analytics are currently stronger than FC's channel (yes they have more subs but fewer views, likes and interaction, and score a lower VidIQ score) than my little tiny channel does. Wearing a hat, doesn't = engagement.

Content does.

And I just publish AO videos, along with some other bits of stuff.
    My point is that the greatest potential FC have is AO, and they have yet to realise this.
    Last edited by Caloss2; May 26th, 2016 at 00:34:48.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Not in every Situation but take a look at this for Example
    I sit back and really facepalm at great lengths people will go to trying to make a point. Really? First off whoever created the video has no idea what is going on UNLESS they use the same magical hacks themselves. Otherwise its just random theories and opinions.

This is another narc move that would/could affect a lot of pvm players. If that video "WAS" even real (ill explain the spoiler in a moment), automatically pulling missions kinda sounds like a simple variation on clicksaver/mishbuddy that what ever solution you are trying to concoct would hurt.

Now all that aside anyone with common sense would notice that the video is the same 1 mission being looped AND cut/clipped/played in reverse. You can tell by the chat channel. The trade dialog and vizaresh announcement is what gave it away.

Ooops you just got rick rolled lol. Did you really think someone sat at ergo, hit record, and had nothing better to do while someone rolled and completed 4+ missions? All the while not a single other toon or mob came by? Wow.

Furthermore, MB last time I checked is still LEGAL. There are not enough arks and GM's to police it if it wasn't. On top of that, the 10 players that MB with their 6 accounts each = 60 paying accounts, by my math that is greater than the 10 people, no ill be generous and even say 20 people on the forums who complain about it. Sorry math doesnt lie.
    Last edited by Psikie; May 26th, 2016 at 05:45:53.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You sound angry Psikie.

Its the same thing every forum topic gets highjacked with this non sense for the last 2+years. Its gotten old. Beating a dead horse with a stick.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Its the same thing every forum topic gets highjacked with this non sense for the last 2+years. Its gotten old. Beating a dead horse with a stick.
    Yo psikie math do IT? I have 20 buddys who quit because of MB ****. The total number is bigger, much bigger.
    Start a official vote and you will see noone want your MB bull****. Funcom should make a new server one with MB allowed an one without. #MB kills AO
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Now all that aside anyone with common sense would notice that the video is the same 1 mission being looped AND cut/clipped/played in reverse. You can tell by the chat channel. The trade dialog and vizaresh announcement is what gave it away.

Ooops you just got rick rolled lol. Did you really think someone sat at ergo, hit record, and had nothing better to do while someone rolled and completed 4+ missions? All the while not a single other toon or mob came by? Wow.

Furthermore, MB last time I checked is still LEGAL. There are not enough arks and GM's to police it if it wasn't. On top of that, the 10 players that MB with their 6 accounts each = 60 paying accounts, by my math that is greater than the 10 people, no ill be generous and even say 20 people on the forums who complain about it. Sorry math doesnt lie.
    YOU do not get the Point obviously , the first part of the Video is about the very Difference in Speed , the Time it takes for a Players who regulary clicks the Npc to interact with the Dialoge and get his Mish. Its not about the Fact the that MB can pull Missions but about how damn fast he does it.
    There is a looped part , on that you are true but what does the Video say ? It doesnt say " MB repeats the Action " or " he does it again " but simply "again" as in "repeated " ... you can say that is "suggestive" or you can say " damn he should have worded it otherwise to avoid confusion"...soley depends on your point of view on the whole matter.

IF you look at the second Part about the Path repeatedly taken , you see the Buffs running out .. (unless you now claim that the Buffs are faked... if you now claim that may i ask you why you didnt earlier ?? )
    Didnt notice that did you , but the Chatchannel you noticed .....?
    Because you just see what you wanna see , a really good Case of "confirmation bias" very basic Psychology .

Until there is a Standoff-Thread ( free from Spam ) where every Multiboxer registers his Accounts on the Forums ,clearly identifies at least 1 Toon of that specific Multibox-Account and everyone who quited because of Multibox does also Identify at least 1 of his Toons i call "BULLCRAP" on your Numbers .

I dare you to create such a Thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Yo psikie math do IT? I have 20 buddys who quit because of MB ****. The total number is bigger, much bigger.
    Start a official vote and you will see noone want your MB bull****. Funcom should make a new server one with MB allowed an one without. #MB kills AO
    This has 1 Problem , the MB would have 6 Votes each here on the Forums ( Well if FC observes and allowes that fine with me , im pretty sure even then they still would loose the Vote ).
    Cant do it via Accountpage either since it was never mandatory to to merge your Accounts , virtually everyone in the Game has one or more Mule-Accounts , the Result would be horribly distorted
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 26th, 2016 at 10:57:54.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Personally, I'm researching the use of MB just so I can equip my toons. Finding teams these days to do end-game content is near impossible. I work a full time job, have a family and responsibilities. I don't have the luxury of playing at peak times and waiting in the hopes of being picked up on a team and then being lucky enough to win the roll for what I need. So, I'm looking at setting up my 3 paid accounts to MB the instances I can to get what I need/want.

So, I guess here is where you flame me for utilizing MB in a PvM setting, which has been established by AO as acceptable. If I have an hour to spend in Alb or iPand and MB makes it possible for me to pick up items... Well, hey, I won't be buying them from the MB'ers you're complaining about, eh?

I've been playing AO for 14 years. I recall the days of the first 220's. The pains of needing a team to do everything needed to progress to that next playfield. To upgrade your tier. To zerg the beast. Collect those points to bid on the loot. But, those days are no more. More and more players are having to rely on themselves and their multiple accounts to do those things, alone.

The MB'ers are not the reason for the decline in population, it's an evolution of play style due to the shrinking player base. Which makes it a convenient hook to hang a blanket statement on. There will always be players finding loopholes in mechanics. From my perspective, MBing in an instanced PvM playfield isn't one.

It's always something. Someone is always unhappy about some form of gameplay that another finds useful. You can't please the entire player base and there is quite a vocal minority. Whatever makes the unhappy players happy to flame on... Flame on.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    ...Flame on...
    I think you're a bit off in your perception of people's view on this. There are mainly two things that people seem to find a problem:

1) Bots - Fully automated leveling and/or farming.

2) MB PvP - Specifically tower wars and to a lesser extent BS.

I haven't seen a lot of complaining about players using MB to conquer PvM content like the examples you mention. I don't think anyone really gives a rat's ass that you use MB to do some instances and have some fun for an hour or two with PvM content
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

I guess it's still just a matter of who you know, and how active your org is.

We do everything in game still. Sometimes all single logged, good old-fashioned raid style, sometimes a few of us multiboxing, but we do it together. We sell what we don't need, and split the profits. I think one week recently we made 3-4 billion selling loot, while still rolling against each other for what we needed.

That's why I call people lazy for buying loot and missions. There's people out there still doing content. You're just not looking hard enough, and using multiboxers as a crutch for your laziness.

Hell, I'd solo inf missions before I'd pay someone to do it for me. I guess not everyone's like me though
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I guess it's still just a matter of who you know, and how active your org is.

We do everything in game still. Sometimes all single logged, good old-fashioned raid style, sometimes a few of us multiboxing, but we do it together. We sell what we don't need, and split the profits. I think one week recently we made 3-4 billion selling loot, while still rolling against each other for what we needed.

That's why I call people lazy for buying loot and missions. There's people out there still doing content. You're just not looking hard enough, and using multiboxers as a crutch for your laziness.

Hell, I'd solo inf missions before I'd pay someone to do it for me. I guess not everyone's like me though
    Well, thank you for the flame.

In one sentence you state "a few of us multiboxing" and in another it's a crutch for MY "laziness". Kind of hypocritical to call me lazy, but it's a mechanic that you utilize. Your org is active, good for you, you lucky player. When your group multiboxes, we're equipping ourselves and making money for the org/ourseselves? If I, as a single player decide to do it, I'm lazy. If I buy from people that multibox and sell, I'm enabling them and breaking the game? If you sell it and split the profits, it's income/goods that enrich the game/players?

It's definitely not lazy for me to take the initiative to do for myself in the time I have available. I have "looked hard" in order to access content on my schedule. It's what has led me to consider MB'ing, as I stated in my original post. Now even more seriously than before. But, hey, I could just be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I don't think anyone really gives a rat's ass that you use MB to do some instances and have some fun for an hour or two with PvM content
    Or, Avari, I could have found a rat's ass.

fc biggest mistake is they nvr learn from their mistakes, but instead they do the same mistake over and over, we all see how lego online ended hahahahaha
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Well, thank you for the flame.

In one sentence you state "a few of us multiboxing" and in another it's a crutch for MY "laziness". Kind of hypocritical to call me lazy, but it's a mechanic that you utilize. Your org is active, good for you, you lucky player. When your group multiboxes, we're equipping ourselves and making money for the org/ourseselves? If I, as a single player decide to do it, I'm lazy. If I buy from people that multibox and sell, I'm enabling them and breaking the game? If you sell it and split the profits, it's income/goods that enrich the game/players?

It's definitely not lazy for me to take the initiative to do for myself in the time I have available. I have "looked hard" in order to access content on my schedule. It's what has led me to consider MB'ing, as I stated in my original post. Now even more seriously than before. But, hey, I could just be lazy.

Or, Avari, I could have found a rat's ass.
    I wasn't flaming you, genius. I was approving of your attitude to just do something.

People here that just cry about multiboxing, while buying lootrights and afk inf from them are the lazy ones.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

My apologies. I will take the "genius" without the sarcasm.

My apologies. I will take the "genius" without the sarcasm.
    Nah, it's a pet name... or something.

Feel free to find us if you're clan, or at least ask for a bot invite. We can answer some questions about basic pvm multiboxing, and it's nice to just have more people around who are hungry to do content.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

For the record I dont MB...but I still play devils advocate because I dont like forum bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Math? First lets establish and understand the ACTUAL MAJORITY of players left after the height of Ao population which would have been about 6-7 years ago. The reasons vary from TSW, star wars, warcraft, diablo, etc etc. But that my friend was long before MB. So you talking about 20 friends is not much versus 2000 that dropped off before you were ever playing.

YOU do not get the Point obviously ,
    No I get the point. The point is the video creator was trying to make a point about MB and some correlation to automated play. That was the point and impression the poster tried to give. Sorry I called out the shenanigans and burst your bubble.

The MB'ers are not the reason for the decline in population, it's an evolution of play style due to the shrinking player base. Which makes it a convenient hook to hang a blanket statement on. There will always be players finding loopholes in mechanics. From my perspective, MBing in an instanced PvM playfield isn't one.

It's always something. Someone is always unhappy about some form of gameplay that another finds useful. You can't please the entire player base and there is quite a vocal minority. Whatever makes the unhappy players happy to flame on... Flame on.
    OMG TY.

At least I know not all forum readers are just trolling.

Im done trying to appeal to common sense, its time to get real. If you dont get it after this you never will, or have never had a real job you wanted to keep.

Here is the reality you guys dont want to get. MB is legal atm. Not because its the right thing to do but mostly because its impossible to police with the reduced staff assigned to AO. You guys would have the 2-6 GMs and arks sitting around waiting for petitions to "catch" Mb in action. Then guess what...those accounts that are Mb would reduce the amount of money to pay those same GM's and arks. DERP DERP

Why would someone actively want to reduce the amount of money coming in to the company that pays them? So the profit loss margin goes into the red and then they get laid off? Considering the current employees have seen their friends/coworkers laid off or re-assigned to other projects, its career suicide! Smh

Sometimes you have to stand back at try to look at the bigger picture.

My suggestion is to enjoy the remaining 2-3 years AO has left and stop wasting time QQ on the forums instead of playing. If you encounter Mb then you can always just leave that playfield and come back later instead of getting smashed. Do BS later or grief their towers and run off. You can make it obnoxious for Mb players to participate in the things you like. It might take a solid week or 2 but that is probably the easiest way to get what you want.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Here is the reality you guys dont want to get. MB is legal atm. Not because its the right thing to do but mostly because its impossible to police with the reduced staff assigned to AO. You guys would have the 2-6 GMs and arks sitting around waiting for petitions to "catch" Mb in action. Then guess what...those accounts that are Mb would reduce the amount of money to pay those same GM's and arks. DERP DERP
    The number of reported incidents of multiboxing would decrease as time went by. It will be a lot of work to enforce for a brief time, then requests would drop as the incidents were handled and people became aware of the current situation. Truth is that most people would stop multiboxing the instant it became illegal. The only hard part to track is inside private playfield (where multiboxing is used in conjunction with more sinister **** on a daily basis, by many multiboxers). This is why they have stated that they will not change how PvM and multiboxing works. The truth is that it is really not an issue to enforce multiboxing to be illegal in PvP, and the amount of work would decrease over time.

Why would someone actively want to reduce the amount of money coming in to the company that pays them? So the profit loss margin goes into the red and then they get laid off? Considering the current employees have seen their friends/coworkers laid off or re-assigned to other projects, its career suicide! Smh
    Customer loyalty, customer satisfaction, positive word-of-mouth, which in turn will turn into revenue growth and profitability. We all know that the majority of marketing for Anarchy Online comes from positive word-of-mouth. What we have now is a situation where a lot of people are generating negative word-of-mouth because of incidents such as multiboxing. I would never recommend this game to any of my friends or family, because it is ruined by multiboxing in my opinion. This is how basic economics work. All the people who quit over multiboxing will generate negative word-of-mouth, and in the long run Funcom will lose revenue growth and profitability. You all keep bringing up that multiboxing is profitable, but in reality it isn't. Multiboxers cannot even come close to generate the same marketing as all the players who quit over it, and even generate negative word-of-mouth among those who still play further decreasing the chance for new and returning players.

This is basic economic theories that can be found in models such as the service-profit-chain, and other models I am sure you can google if you are interested. It's a shame Funcom is such a clueless company.

It seems you also need to view this from a bigger picture.

is ao problem due to mb, or declained population that causes mb? is the egg coming first or the chicken? what you guys are discussing is 2500 years old discussing, back in the days when aristoteles and plato discussed about the same thing, is matter creating consciousnesses, or consciousness creating matter? today most prominent scientists are starting to find evident that plato was right, that matter comes from consciousness
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast