Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    fc biggest misstake is taken advice from amateurs, and they have been doing this for 10 years. as we all can see ao only gone down hill. if you guys think your idea and suggestions are so good why dont you apply and work as game developer, instead you sits at home crying for fc to fix this and fix that? ao will die, and its you guys to blame so stop blaming anyone else then yourself
    "fc biggest misstake is taken advice from amateurs" Yeah i thing the same about the employee of FunCom. Its their job to fix issues as a developer. FunCom is close to bankrupt as hell, its a Pennystock.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    fc biggest misstake is taken advice from amateurs, and they have been doing this for 10 years. as we all can see ao only gone down hill. if you guys think your idea and suggestions are so good why dont you apply and work as game developer, instead you sits at home crying for fc to fix this and fix that? ao will die, and its you guys to blame so stop blaming anyone else then yourself
    OMG YES!!!

All the amateur programmers sitting at home with their brilliant solutions to MB, what a joke. The 10-20 players QQ on the forums about MB that suggest remove /assist that will fix everything. All the sudden the hundreds of players that dont even bother with the troll fest forums log on and are like WTF?

All for what?

To appease a few dozen hardcore pvp players at the expense of a few hundred pvm players. Doesnt make much sense to me.

Especially since the pvp players are not the ones keeping the lights on. They are also the same ones that quit and threaten to cancel at the drop of a hat. For a short list of "All my org friends" quit AO and im next because...

O noes the graphics arent updated,
    O noes there aren't any new expansions,
    O noes there is no balance,
    O noes "insert prof" is too OP,
    O noes "insert prof" just got nerfed too hard,
    O noes MB "insert complaint".

Everyone seems to think they have the magic wand solution. Spoiler alert AO is a 12yr+ old game written in some old programming language that is probably not too hard for a group of 10-20 dedicated hackers to out smart and out maneuver the 1-2 developers working on AO. Guess what else, they probably also read all these lame ideas you guys are posting and have prepared 2-3 steps ahead of anything you can try to do! BRILLIANT. #smh #facepalm
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Question: Do the new Membership Rewards remain claimable even after new ones are added later?

For example, If I roll a new toon 9 months or more from now will that toon be able to claim the rewards currently available to claim by my current toons? And/or do my current toons need to all claim their rewards now before you change or add new ones?

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it while scanning through ...

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Question: Do the new Membership Rewards remain claimable even after new ones are added later?

For example, If I roll a new toon 9 months or more from now will that toon be able to claim the rewards currently available to claim by my current toons? And/or do my current toons need to all claim their rewards now before you change or add new ones?

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it while scanning through ...

Emma
    I think it depends on paid/froob and whether item is a holiday/anniv/patch reward. Jetpack vs IP reset for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I think it depends on paid/froob and whether item is a holiday/anniv/patch reward. Jetpack vs IP reset for example.
    I was asking about the new rewards Funcom put in place with the recent patch, like the new swords or the free character slot ... that you earn based on how many months you are paid up after mid-April when they patched the change that made veteran points stop accruing.

Michi mentioned they would add new ones every 6 months and I wanted to know if when they add new ones will the current ones go away?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    So besides whining over people whining, what do you suggest?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

fc biggest misstake is not investing enough resources in ao, but instead they spending resources on other mmorpg projects like tsw, lego online etc. sometimes it makes me think wtf are they thinking
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Big debate about "how to fix MB" ... wich for sure is a very touchy issue : the solution shouldn't affect PVM to such extend it's less playable (especially as PVP concerns way way way less people) and should be of such nature it wouldn't be hackable also
    The /assist change was a first & quick step only, wich is pretty avoidable as multiple toon assistance can be obtained by other ways (no need to detail it here). Most other solutions exposed on these forums (proximity debuff, duelnano, client com) are whether broken/sploitable whether avoidable by improved methods of MB.

What i'd envision myself without too much thinking nor coding, is an approach taking account of the result of MB : the simultaneous (or nearly) damage taken by a single target ; this could be kinda fixed by sending up a cooldown/blocker on any hit/special/perk/nuke/dmg that can land on the target from any PVP source (player, bot, pet) of, eg, few seconds duration or more after the first hit. This wouldn't affect the challenge of PVM bosses & instances but would reduce the MB power ... and also the natural zerging - wich in a way is at the same time the core of NW and the reason why some people never enjoyed it.

In 3 words : spacing PVP damage.

That's the only & simplest technical way i see. Thus far no move, so practically i've chose another one (because of MB & other hacks but also the mentality of most PVPers all sides ...) : instead of lowering down by cheating at same level to balance fights, i've totally stopped doing any kind of PVP in AO - except colored BS when i need few VP.

I'll then finish these 2 cents o mine with a more general thought : AO should endly be more available to playerbase contributions, especially considering both low financial & human ressources invested in it now. Open it before being forced to sell it to a random company or any oriented 3rd party. Dedicated fans can design, code, test and update AO - wich is the mean of Anarchy as a whole.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    In 3 words : spacing PVP damage.

I'll then finish these 2 cents o mine with a more general thought : AO should endly be more available to playerbase contributions, especially considering both low financial & human ressources invested in it now. Open it before being forced to sell it to a random company or any oriented 3rd party. Dedicated fans can design, code, test and update AO - wich is the mean of Anarchy as a whole.
    Your first paragraph:
    This will make docs virtually immortal in pvp.
    As I and many others have pointed out in numerouse threads regarding this: The issue lies in the fact that the MBers can control multiple clients at once in a specific location in the game. Then the solution should be to fix this, and not implement a system that will serve as a band aid around the entire game. The simplest would be to enforce the ban on using third-party tools.

2nd paragraf:
    I've suggested opening ao up, and there was someone before me also:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...49-Open-source

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    MBers can control multiple clients at once
    Still, there's no technical way to detect if a group of toon acting together are well coordinated vocalizers OR an unique MBer. Even considering auto/human analysis of the packets sent nor rate of the various hits. Therefore, fixing it should be turned toward the target, imo, to make MB advantages as near to zero than possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    This will make docs virtually immortal in pvp.
    Surely would need to be adjusted by various ways. Cuz as now, MB is making PVP flatlined in AO ...
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I was thinking ... and thinking ... and I got something ...

If someone want to commit suicide by jumping from a building why is everyone trying to stop him ? Think about this - any reason ? NO there is no reason.

And going to our problem : think about something - what is the desire of a multiboxer ? What is his passion ?

Well in case of a pvm multiboxer the passion is the credits (for personal ingame use or for selling for rl money)
    In case of a pvp multiboxer his passion is killing other toons. A pvp player need to grow his pvp score.

IGNORE them and stop fueling the passion.

In pvm case : stop buying from them (lootrights or gmi items).
    In pvp case : stop fighting them.

If the desire driving them will stop they will stop. We are the one giving them power. We are the one to blame !
    I play every day this game and I see a multiboxer selling every single day lootrights to alien sectors and I know one thing - if the product is not selling the seller will stop. But the product is selling. STOP buying from them and spread the word and they will stop.

Stop fighting multiboxers and they will stop playing because the one and only thing that is driving them to do so will be gone.

Pvp-ers will say : "oh yeah ... but we want to pvp" - no problem - go in teams, flag up and go on tinker tower beach and fight - if a MB appears - go elsewhere (shall I give you some locations or ...?) You can even pvp in one's instanced city. For a nicer impact you can pvp at kite hill even (this is evil)

IGNORING them will make them disappear. Spread the word !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

People buying lootrights... people buying even afk inf spots...

Stop being lazy and play the game...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

fc biggest mistake is that they focus to much on making profits instead of focusing on making actual good games. fc are so desperate of making money it leads them to debts instead.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Still, there's no technical way to detect if a group of toon acting together are well coordinated vocalizers OR an unique MBer. Even considering auto/human analysis of the packets sent nor rate of the various hits. Therefore, fixing it should be turned toward the target, imo, to make MB advantages as near to zero than possible.
    Yes there are numerouse technicals ways, and they also include auto analysis of incomming data. There are even more ways you can detect and prevent people from using multiple clients in certain zones. Interprocess communication, serverside verification of incomming data, serverside survailance of clients/computers, exactly what is within the realm of possibilities for AO is beyond any of us to speculate in. But the possibilities are there.

But you dont need a technical way. Someone else suggested to make it a bannable offense. State in the launcher and a post on forums that GMs will start to ban people that is using key broadcasters in pvp. And that the GMs will make this their top priority for the forseable future. This will encourage people to petition the MBs when they are seen in tower wars/BS. Since GMs will prioritise these petitions they will go in and verify, then use their ban-bat.

Surely would need to be adjusted by various ways. Cuz as now, MB is making PVP flatlined in AO ...
    And these adjustments would surely lead to more needed adjustments and so on.

You can't fix flaws in a system by tweaking the entire system to work around the flaw. Just fix the erronous module. It isn't that hard.

Fix the problem, not the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    People buying lootrights... people buying even afk inf spots... Stop being lazy and play the game...
    Do you even know why people do it? Because sitting around waiting 2 hours for an inf team is not fun - or having to play in a specific time range just to get a team (or have friends online to take down that boss that drops your gear)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    ppl playing MB in pvp cause they are to stupid to win with one toon...
    Multiboxers are kind of in the same boat as you. You are mostly playing the flavour of the month proffesion (Agent). Now here you will say that 'its not MY fault agent is unbalanced(Blatantly overpowered)'. Well, it isn't really multiboxers fault either that Funcom keeps allowing it. People use every advantage they can get. Same goes with literally 75% of AO population Ebaying their combined armor although it isn't that much of a problem nowadays.
    Last edited by Winning; May 25th, 2016 at 08:56:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Do you even know why people do it? Because sitting around waiting 2 hours for an inf team is not fun - or having to play in a specific time range just to get a team (or have friends online to take down that boss that drops your gear) Multiboxers are kind of in the same boat as you. You are mostly playing the flavour of the month proffesion (Agent). Now here you will say that 'its not MY fault agent is unbalanced(Blatantly overpowered)'. Well, it isn't really multiboxers fault either that Funcom keeps allowing it. People use every advantage they can get. Same goes with literally 75% of AO population Ebaying their combined armor although it isn't that much of a problem nowadays.
    Do so srly compare me with a MBer?
    I play Agent since 2005. I one of the persons who want to play ONE profession in PvP 100% and not 5 different on a low level of knowledge. So tell me sherlock what can i for the current state of balance?
    Its not the Agent its the game desinger who created this. I was telling like 100 times that all Perks from All professions should be made like Advy/Doc/Engie Pistol Perks with 100% Weapon skill and 80% def.

Same boat like me..."************"

Multibox is created by players, Multibox is Pay to Win, Multibox using wried third party tools.

Agent is strong but its not unimpossible to beat how Gimps like you it here explain. I doing from time to time duels against some real pvp who have also a huge knowledge about the profssion they are playing and its still not easy to get them.

Take a look in the archiv Forum, you will notice that everytime one profession got a "OP" time in the last 10 years of AO.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Look - all these automated solutions to fixing MB are not practical. It'll ruin the game play in other areas and hurt people who never heard of MB.

In my oppinion you could probably count on your fingers how many multiboxers are around in PvP destroying the gameplay there. Make multiboxing in PvP a bannable offense and patrol it for a couple of months. Make a seperate petition category for reporting the issue and make GMs act on those reports instantly. GMs can port to the reported MB target and confirm if they are MBing. It's pretty easy to observe if people are MBing or not when you see how a master and its slaves act in the gameplay.

Implementing a technical solution will most likely take longer and have more issues than dealing with the problem manually taking into consideration how few MBers are around in PvP.

If FC wants to take a stance on this they can. So far it looks like they won't due to either resource issues or because they simply don't care.

I personally think that the whole MB thing is made worse by bad communication from FCs side. They apparently won't make it a bannable offense, but on the other side they removed /assist in PvP. They are pretty silent on the subject instead of communicating with the community.
    Last edited by Avari; May 25th, 2016 at 13:10:07.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Look - all these automated solutions to fixing MB are not practical. It'll ruin the game play in other areas and hurt people who never heard of MB.

In my oppinion you could probably count on your fingers how many multiboxers are around in PvP destroying the gameplay there. Make multiboxing in PvP a bannable offense and patrol it for a couple of months. Make a seperate petition category for reporting the issue and make GMs act on those reports instantly. GMs can port to the reported MB target and confirm if they are MBing. It's pretty easy to observe if people are MBing or not when you see how a master and its slaves act in the gameplay.

Implementing a technical solution will most likely take longer and have more issues than dealing with the problem manually taking into consideration how few MBers are around in PvP.

If FC wants to take a stance on this they can. So far it looks like they won't due to either resource issues or because they simply don't care.

I personally think that the whole MB thing is made worse by bad communication from FCs side. They apparently won't make it a bannable offense, but on the other side they removed /assist in PvP. They are pretty silent on the subject instead of communicating with the community.
    Exactly my thoughts...

Not in every Situation but take a look at this for Example , Multiboxing and pretty obvious use of Scripts to autolevel... not only doing unattented Gameplay on 5 Toons but the MB-Leader unattented too .... *facepalm*
    No i am not the Creator of the Video , the other Videos from him point out other Cases of " creative gameplay " being used/used in the Past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8daAYvSZwH4

None of the Videoclips explains how the Exloits are being used , as not to promote the Exploit but just points out that they exist.
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 25th, 2016 at 15:26:37.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast