Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Idea: Just throw 10m special auras on everyone in 25%/5% areas... Auras from opposing factions crossing each other have no effect, auras of same faction crossing apply a 15% damage dealing nerf and a 15% damage received buff to each person crossing auras (so it effectively stacks).... 6 people crossing auras x 15% damage dealing nerf = basically no damage output, and increased incoming damage.

Two results:
    1) MB'ers are screwed coz toons can't be on /follow in NW fights, they'll be too close, and
    2) Removes the traditional blob zerg, and forces expansive gameplay within a tower field

STOP RIGHT THERE ........this will hurt everyone not just the MB :

-Any Ganker Solo-hunting for returning Mavericks at Towers encountering somebody who he cant just Alphakill sooner or later , Fight drags on , somebody of his own faction sees and wants to help...suddenly he become perkable ...reclaim ...WTF .

-Somebody who is feared running into Teammates ..... WTF

-Roughly 10-25 % (my feeling , cannot back that up with hard Data ) of the Highlevel Players own a old Toon from Times before they changed Faction or even have a purposebuild Toon of the Opposite Faction to leech Tarasque no matter what Faction currently wins in Camelot ... how long do you think it will take before somebody "accidently lags " or outright Airdrops with the malicious Intent of killing somebodys Offense&Defense.. even worse somebody doign that with a MB debuffs you even more than a Single Toon .... dont tell me that wont happen , if (insert Swearword) are desperate enough for Winning all the Time to make 2-3-4 different 6Box and even 12 Box i suspect they will do ANYTHING short of Murder just to win.

-Speaking of Camelot ...even the smallest AoE-debuffing Aura is too much in such confined Space ,pretty much the same goes for Will to Fight if that place becomes popular again.

-There are some pretty tiny Towerfields ( few in Highlevel but more in TL4-5 and below ) where such a Aura would be potentially harmfull.

-Wakizaka is right this makes Mass-PvP even worse for Melee than it allready is

-How about Neutrals ? They can be on both Sides of the Battle , who do they debuff and by whom do they get debuffed or not

Im about the last Person to defend Multiboxes but this is the wrong Approach , too much collateral by Accident and too much potential for Griefplay.

PS:
    No i dont have final Solutions either , my idea with the randomized Tab might work or not , depends if the MB rely on Tab or are really using Targeting Scripts allready...
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 15th, 2016 at 06:34:15. Reason: removed Link to a obsolete Suggestion
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Dont Forget that MB's ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PROBLEM in AO.... i'm at the point to cancel my account because the game dont get any big updates or changes (for example: no new Playfield like SL, no balance changes (the pvp system is ridiculous), no new idea's to make pvp.... (the Battlestation is simply out and not up to date anymore...) - many other mmo's have better ways to make pvp (e.g. Elder Scrolls Online)... the Towerfields are ridiculous too - my Org owns a Field over one year now... - we have to much towerfields in AO for a small Community)... and i miss so much other things... AO is Boring.... These game needs so much loveeeeeee to keep it alive but funcom dont invest more money in it... each account-user burns his money for AO...
    Last edited by Alves; May 13th, 2016 at 18:35:06.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    3) Melee chars trying to kill a specific target get mowed down in 3 seconds because they're to close together.
    That could definitely happen. I thew down 10m aura as a "possible", it could be smaller(?) and so could the debuff values... the goal was to try and fix a PvP-centric problem only with regards to MB'ers, and change gameplay somewhat... it makes positioning important.

Just throwing it out there
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Or simply dont allow Third-Party tools to send commands to different Accounts. Its simply automation with a massivly spam from actions to different clients. If you take a look to the EULA, tools for automation isnt allowed an i dont know why they allow at by MB-Tools.
    But in a PvM environment it really doesn't matter overall, I haven't seen that many complaints about MB'ers in PvM (although there is probably plenty of examples)... this is a PvP problem my suggestion is about.

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    STOP RIGHT THERE ........this will hurt everyone not just the MB :

-Any Ganker Solo-hunting for returning Mavericks at Towers encountering somebody who he cant just Alphakill sooner or later , Fight drags on , somebody of his own faction sees and wants to help...suddenly he become perkable ...reclaim ...WTF.
    Not quite sure what you mean here, debuffs are only active while auras cross each other, they're not persistent.

-Somebody who is feared running into Teammates ..... WTF
    Awesome! Again, making payers spread out to stop crossing aura debuffs would remove most of that problem, but why not have it as a valid tactic?

-Roughly 10-25 % (my feeling , cannot back that up with hard Data ) of the Highlevel Players own a old Toon from Times before they changed Faction or even have a purposebuild Toon of the Opposite Faction to leech Tarasque no matter what Faction currently wins in Camelot ... how long do you think it will take before somebody "accidently lags " or outright Airdrops with the malicious Intent of killing somebodys Offense&Defense.. even worse somebody doign that with a MB debuffs you even more than a Single Toon .... dont tell me that wont happen , if (insert Swearword) are desperate enough for Winning all the Time to make 2-3-4 different 6Box and even 12 Box i suspect they will do ANYTHING short of Murder just to win.

-Speaking of Camelot ...even the smallest AoE-debuffing Aura is too much in such confined Space ,pretty much the same goes for Will to Fight if that place becomes popular again.
    The nice thing about environmental auras is that they can be defined on a zone/area basis... Tarasque wouldn't not have the auras at all, or maybe a twist on the idea?

-There are some pretty tiny Towerfields ( few in Highlevel but more in TL4-5 and below ) where such a Aura would be potentially harmfull.
    Interesting... players might actually have to think about how they approach dealing with that.

-Wakizaka is right this makes Mass-PvP even worse for Melee than it allready is
    Not really, it just means you gotta think about who you are, where you are, and how you approach the fight.

-How about Neutrals ? They can be on both Sides of the Battle , who do they debuff and by whom do they get debuffed or not
    They get their own aura... dirty fence-sitters don't miss out

Im about the last Person to defend Multiboxes but this is the wrong Approach , too much collateral by Accident and too much potential for Griefplay.
    Most of the solutions I'm seeing are so technical in nature, and will always suffer from the problem that as soon as you invent something technical, someone will have a workaround.

My solution was to also show and ask that, whether a valid suggestion or not, how would a MB'er get around a solution as simple as an aura outside of the game, with whatever tools they have at hand? Other than an outright exploit, what could a MB'er do to counter a MB 6 man blob with a 6 x 15% damage reduction?
    Last edited by Zeephonz; May 13th, 2016 at 21:54:37.

My solution was to also show and ask that, whether a valid suggestion or not, how would a MB'er get around a solution as simple as an aura outside of the game, with whatever tools they have at hand? Other than an outright exploit, what could a MB'er do to counter a MB 6 man blob with a 6 x 15% damage reduction?
    Unfortunately, serious PVP multiboxers have ways around your idea, and wouldn't be affected by it nearly as badly as solo players.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Stuff
    Roflol. Really another idea to screw over all players. Sounds just like /assist ideas, bang up job there.

Just stop already.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Roflol. Really another idea to screw over all players. Sounds just like /assist ideas, bang up job there.

Just stop already.
    How does it screw over all players?

WEll one thing I've been calling for for a while is AOE damage on any 2 handed melee weap.

i.e. 2HB does 4m AOE damage, 2HE does 4m AOE damage, and of course, make damage land if concealed.

then there is a reasonable method to do a lot of damage to a box if they are clumped up.

2HB is the obvious choice since some of the perks do AOE damage as well, but if 2he was given a decent AOE damage perk too, then you'd actually have a somewhat reasonable way to do a lot of damage to knock out a box , or at least establish some type of advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Paavalniemi View Post
    Just get rid of quick team warps and instant team meeps and everything is gud!
    lol, lets just remove forward movement and left turns. Say people can strafe left but if they wanna turn left they have make a 90 degree right turn and then head there backwards. To make a right turn they would have to make a 270 degree right turn and then move in a backwards motion to were they wanna be. It would confuse the mbers alot... it would mess up every other player too but who cares about them. Funcom could block all keyboard input from the client and only allow mouse controls. That would hinder MBers alot, We could petition that funcom just delete half the code, like in a random way... close their eyes and just move cursor > delete > move cursor > delete > move cursor > delete. That would stop MBers from ruining AO too.

Lets just inconvenience everybody massively for the small amount of pvp we have left.

Because of you whining pvpers, moaning about there being no pvp left and blaming it on multiboxers... I now cant use beacons if I have a flag, I cant fast evac too many times in succession to name just two very inconveniencing changes brought about because people demanded change in the name of MB. Im not going to list all the ways I am now inconvenienced but Leave the tools we all use alone. Infact the things that have been changed in the name of MB obviously havent worked so bring them back. Stop allowing pvp changes to affect pvm.
    This is a PvM game that allows PVP .. stop pretending it is otherwise funcom. This game has always had a bigger follwoing for PVM than for PVP .. the more pvmers you inconvenience and piss off the more you lose. Why you have considered losing the majority of your playerbase to keep the minority happy is beyond me but stop please.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

I think i got a Solution that would even allow to revert back the Changes to /assist and Gridnanos ... since i never Multiboxed and havent pvp´d in the last Years I need to talk to somebody who :

- used to Multibox or is a active Multiboxer , preferable both PvM and PvP
    - also has good Knowledge of 1 vs 1 and Towerwars
    - wants to see Multiboxes dethroned in PvP

optional:

- would be very nice & fast if we could talk via Skype or Teamspeak3

Will be Online alot during Weekend and Monday , drop /tell to either Keinhirn Woodburn Dollente or Gunpowder
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

all the issues discussed are created by an underlying "main" problem, if you guys dont understands this then unfortunately you will waste your time and energy trying to fix or helping in fixing something that will eventually not works, because the main problems will creates new issues awaits to be fixed. in order to fix issues like multibox etc, we must understands what is the underlying issue that causes this in the first place? from what i know, the reason people use mb is due to lacks of populations, mb dont want to waste time gathering players to have thing done. mb is indeed an issue that needs to be fixed, but at the same time i think fc are running out of time and resources, by fixing mb in this state of population will hurts their income, and eventually ao will die quicker.
    there is many importen things that needs to be fixed in ao, including mb. but i dont think this is the right time to fix mb. fc should find ways to bring in more players into ao, and find ways to keep those players. if the player pool in ao rises, new opportunities will be available, and most issues will be resolved by itself without intervenes.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; May 14th, 2016 at 18:04:20.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    all the issues discussed are created by an underlying "main" problem, if you guys dont understands this then unfortunately you will waste your time and energy trying to fix or helping in fixing something that will eventually not works, because the main problems will creates new issues awaits to be fixed. in order to fix issues like multibox etc, we must understands what is the underlying issue that causes this in the first place? from what i know, the reason people use mb is due to lacks of populations, mb dont want to waste time gathering players to have thing done. mb is indeed an issue that needs to be fixed, but at the same time i think fc are running out of time and resources, by fixing mb in this state of population will hurts their income, and eventually ao will die quicker.
    there is many importen things that needs to be fixed in ao, including mb. but i dont think this is the right time to fix mb. fc should find ways to bring in more players into ao, and find ways to keep those players. if the player pool in ao rises, new opportunities will be available, and most issues will be resolved by itself without intervenes.
    ppl playing MB in pvp cause they are to stupid to win with one toon...
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

How does it screw over all players?
    Well without making a full list ill just quote this instead for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Because of you whining pvpers, moaning about there being no pvp left and blaming it on multiboxers... I now cant use beacons if I have a flag, I cant fast evac too many times in succession to name just two very inconveniencing changes brought about because people demanded change in the name of MB. Im not going to list all the ways I am now inconvenienced but Leave the tools we all use alone. Infact the things that have been changed in the name of MB obviously havent worked so bring them back. Stop allowing pvp changes to affect pvm.
    This is a PvM game that allows PVP .. stop pretending it is otherwise funcom. This game has always had a bigger follwoing for PVM than for PVP .. the more pvmers you inconvenience and piss off the more you lose. Why you have considered losing the majority of your playerbase to keep the minority happy is beyond me but stop please.
    Also let me quote this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    all the issues discussed are created by an underlying "main" problem, if you guys dont understands this then unfortunately you will waste your time and energy trying to fix or helping in fixing something that will eventually not works, because the main problems will creates new issues awaits to be fixed..
    The next one here is just hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    ppl playing MB in pvp cause they are to stupid to win with one toon...
    Someone else might say, ppl who complain about MB are stupid to only bring 1 toon to a MB fight lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    3) Melee chars trying to kill a specific target get mowed down in 3 seconds because they're to close together.
    Melee are 2nd-class citizens, put on an AS pistol already.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Well without making a full list ill just quote this instead for starters.
    Major disconnect?

How does a mechanic, only active in LCA's, "screw over all players"?
    Last edited by Zeephonz; May 14th, 2016 at 22:03:31.

They don't even need to change anything. I message on the launcher saying "MB in pvp areas not allowed, bannable offense" would be enough.

It isn't hard to "police". Cuz let's face it. It's 10 ppl or so doing 99% of the harm and I am sure they don't want to lose their accs over this. So a simple message would be enough to fix years of grief for the rest of the community.

My newest Idea :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...tiboxes-in-PvP

Feedback very welcome
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    They don't even need to change anything. I message on the launcher saying "MB in pvp areas not allowed, bannable offense" would be enough.

It isn't hard to "police". Cuz let's face it. It's 10 ppl or so doing 99% of the harm and I am sure they don't want to lose their accs over this. So a simple message would be enough to fix years of grief for the rest of the community.
    This is what I suggest, and most people have suggested at one time or another.

It's the most simple, and easiest to code, and has the greatest effect without impacting any other part of the game.

just do it already.

Sorry Guys... You are only talking about MB's that kills AO... That's not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is on Point - MB is a {removed} that should not allowed in PvP and PvM!!!!!!!.......

But it gives many other reason why these game is duying...

1. PvP Balancing system is one of the worst system in the mmo area (e.g. Agent need 3 perks and a Aimed Shot to kill a Person - *irony on*wow that is a very skilled system!!!!!!!.......*irony off*) these system is ridiculous.... If think only 20-30% of the community care about pvp - the rest are pvm guys...

2. Battlestation concept is very bad and more than up to date in the mmo area... it is only a killfarming area where People going in sneak or afk... If we not have the dialies for the BS, the Battlestation were dead!!!!!!!!!!

3. Notum Wars concept with the towers are very old too and uninteresting... 70-80% of the community dont care about it... *irony on*wow i get some little boost for my characters and some side xp*irony off* You got so much buffs that gives XP nowadays and so much items that boost the charatcer that you can nearly solo beast*exaggerated*

4. Anarchy Online become more easier and easier... You dont have any challenges in these game anymore... Nowadays i could solo playfields and raids nearly.... And Michi pumps the game with more and more ubar stuff fully... it's ridiculous too...

5. PvM Content and Quests - over the years you can't see the same content anymore... The same Quest/raids fu..s the people still up... Beast, Aipf, Tara and other raids are simply boring with the time... We need a new Playfield with new raids, quest and leveling Abilities... A Playfield that is hard to play (in my Opinion)... I cant see these raids and playfields anymore and the tara raid is ridiculous... These game is boring after years off playing and losing attractiveness with the new ubar items - the twink System, that i love, is now ridiculous...

6. Cheating in AO - some claner (and surely some omni) using the fu..ing aohm **** that never knows best invented... and it gives a second cheating tool... Nobody from funcom doing something against it... some exploids are ingame too and will not be patched... I wrote so much pm's to Michi and Videos and nothing happened...

7. Support in AO - *irony on* Have Anarchy Online still GM's? *irony off* You must wait hours to get an GM... we get less and less Support ingame...

8. Development for AO - We only have one Person (michi) to improve AO... And he works parallel for the new conan survival game... that makes me sad... And we have changes, where the community would not be asked for (e.g. Veteran Points)...

Guys think about it - Funcom wont change anything - the game and the profit is to small to invest Money in these game... Nothing will happened... That's the reason why so many People leaving These game...
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 21st, 2016 at 16:16:12. Reason: obscenities

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast