Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

To think only PvPers left due to multiboxing *sigh* I have a dead Org that testify to the opposite.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

All these MB justifications are pathetic at best. There's a reasone that, I don't know, every MMO in existence bans players who do it. It's like allowing wallers or aimbotters on Counter Strike servers. This is how I felt about it when I came back to AO after 6 years and I can guarantee that every new player who played anything online
    in their lives will feel the same way. So all you MB advocates can go and eat a baguette.
    PixelPolishTV: Munching magic pills since the 80's

Dear FunCom, Dear Michizure,
    if you can see, the result of doing nothing against cheating in pvp via MB is a more and more dead game. Maybe now you trust us when we say, that they uses illegal third party tools and destroying what AO make unique. Twinking i mean...twinking.

There are two options: Do something usefull and get back real player who want twinkwars or do nothing and loss your last loyal customers.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

I'm not sure if michi even realizes how bad it is

But whatever you did to remove assist, it doesn't work.

I just was on my engi, with 9 blockers, and I got insta'd. I'm not talking about 1s, 2s or so... I'm talking, 12 fling +12 AS +12 nukes all landing at the same time.

Yep... I rolled a shade, started levelling, got to 24, saw TL7 war, logged my 220,.... and yep I'm going back to Dota.

GL guys. This game is fcking broke. Too bad.

Oh and btw, I'm not hating on MB because I'm butthurt about losing in PvP. I don't even do PvP except for Palmiero dailies. I wanted to get into NW, but then I've leanrned about the MB fiasco and gave up on the idea after seeing it in action in Bore and at OAG.

What people do not realise, MB ruins PvM too - raids and even lowbie daily missions! Yes, lowbie effin' dailies. Get into a dungeon for a daily alone, hoping for a a random team or event try to solo it > find out there's a boxer just ahead of you, not interested in teaming and wiping all the mobs you need, making you waste a buttload of time while you wait for a repop. How do you think it influences the opinion of genuine new players on AO? Regular players are having trouble to find a team, while/because boxers play with themselves (it's a habit for them I guess), defeating the entire purpose of MMO. Think about it.

If you want to control 6 toons at the same time and play solo like that, go play Baldur's Gate.
    Last edited by PixelPolish; May 12th, 2016 at 13:21:07.
    PixelPolishTV: Munching magic pills since the 80's

Multi-boxing should have been handled in a different way from the get-go. Bandaid "fixes" won't cut it. Hand out a system wide warning in game, on launcher, on forums and follow up with the ban hammer. FC will appease a minority of MB players that likely only pay with GRACE anyway to the demise of normal players who are sick of being instagibbed.

Also, when will there be news about this dragged out "beta" engine? Is there any progress on this thing? Maybe post more than once a month and let people know the status on the engine, steam, and other assorted things that people care about.

Baning multi boxers is not Michi's call. Is beyond him, so don't ask him - ask Funcom.

Any ideas how to sabotage the multi boxers ? Any idea how to block the use of a box ?

First idea is : DO NOT BUY from multiboxers. Do not buy lootrights from them. Even if you see something on gmi that belongs to a well known multi-boxer - DO NOT BUY. If you see something that is put on gmi with 1 credit lower than the previous - do not buy (there is 97.29% chance that that is a multi-boxer).

Any other ideas ? Let them flow !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

People will always buy loot though, because they're impatient...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Baning multi boxers is not Michi's call. Is beyond him, so don't ask him - ask Funcom.

Any ideas how to sabotage the multi boxers ? Any idea how to block the use of a box ?

First idea is : DO NOT BUY from multiboxers. Do not buy lootrights from them. Even if you see something on gmi that belongs to a well known multi-boxer - DO NOT BUY. If you see something that is put on gmi with 1 credit lower than the previous - do not buy (there is 97.29% chance that that is a multi-boxer).

Any other ideas ? Let them flow !
    Remove friendly follow in PvP grace to show how used illegal third party tools...If they are still moving sticky with their boxes then you have a reason to ban them cause they uses third party tools to use mechanics that the client doenst support = problem solved.

In addition to this, DONT allow to use third party software OR release a FunCom version of the MB tools and ban player who uses different software.

And trust me, AO will never get acess to Steam with this state of cheating by the MB faction. Someone wried creates some third party tools and FunCom allow them to use it without check or understand how it works.
    Last edited by Allure; May 12th, 2016 at 17:53:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Remove friendly follow in PvP grace to show how used illegal third party tools...If they are still moving sticky with their boxes then you have a reason to ban them cause they uses third party tools to use mechanics that the client doenst support = problem solved.

In addition to this, DONT allow to use third party software OR release a FunCom version of the MB tools and ban player who uses different software.

And trust me, AO will never get acess to Steam with this state of cheating by the MB faction. Someone wried creates some third party tools and FunCom allow them to use it without check or understand how it works.
    }bind "UpArrowKey"
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Sleekyz, the funny part is - I dont need to joke about you because you make yourself ridiculous frum hell .
    I suggest you srly to watch out for a profession help about your personalty issue.
    We are talking here about issues from Anarchy Online and you start conversation with wried things like "Yeah man i am better then You! #FapFap".
    100%, more pls! <3

I love every single word you are saying about me. And do you know why? Because it shows me that i hit the bullseye. (If you understand what i mean) I know, we all know that you are one of the persons who enjoy MB with his life but please let us talk about MB and dont make the discussion OffTopic with your senseless words.

back in the days people complaned and came up with suggestions on how to stop mb, and according to my observations the community came up with the "idea" of removing assist/ follow believing it would simply stop the mb. nowdays we learned that this doesnt stop mb and ppl accusing fc and michi because the implemention doesnt work ...
    im not buttkissing anyone here, its just i think human are funny sometimes. i have said this before and i say this again, let the professional do their job, let us games play the game, what we "think" is a good idea may in some cases end up opposite. this is why i used to troll the suggestion forum back in the days XD
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Just get rid of quick team warps and instant team meeps and everything is gud! Let people MB if they want, just slow their movement a bit. Removing /follow might be too much for MBers coz snares/roots would actually hurt them (if meep/warp is touched too). But there's barely any pvp left so enjoy all the pvp there is! MB or not!

If I didn't have a soft spot for this game I'd have given up trying to make it good again. Perhaps it's worth noting that some people ARE cheating.

The problem is assistbots.

I'm not sure if michi knows what they are, or how they work, but here's a GENERAL description of how it MIGHT work (I'm only speculating) but here goes:

* Docci turns on an option in the F10 menu which attacks the player attacking him
    * he runs a fast script to return the fighting target to a third program which then holds that value in temp storage (imagine pressing M+ on a calculator)
    * assistbots run on docci's computer (lets say, any of the char's he has on follow, so, 10 agents, say) use a mouse pointer with an auto click system, spamming at 10times/second or whatever (this is easy to code). The clicked target becomes the nano target and the nano target is then retrieved clientside by the assist bot,
    * the assistbot then checks the value found on each click against the value held by docci's original target (that held in M+ for laymen)
    * If a match is made, the autoclick stops, and instead the program relays "attack target" otherwise known as Q
    * now all the assistbots are attacking the same target as the "caller", or Docci
    * whoever is in control of the MB proceeds to mash the "kill anyone button" which fires NS2, agents top crit /dmg buff, fling shot, AS, and nuke.

Hurrah, target is dead and now we just wait for a few sec to get next shots off.

While it's a nicely coded piece of work, I'm 100% sure assistbots are retrieving information from clientside cache's that are MEANT to be hidden.

Oh ya, and Docci should be investigated for breach of EULA, explicit or implied.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    The problem is assistbots.
    Uhm... wouldnt it be easier to just make a script that creates your /attack "name" macro? I'm not sure if michi knows what they are, or how they work, Id give a GENERAL description of how it MIGHT work (I'm only speculating) but im pretty sure you can do that with in game commands from a raid bot.

Nothing illegal or third party about that.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Idea: Just throw 10m special auras on everyone in 25%/5% areas... Auras from opposing factions crossing each other have no effect, auras of same faction crossing apply a 15% damage dealing nerf and a 15% damage received buff to each person crossing auras (so it effectively stacks).... 6 people crossing auras x 15% damage dealing nerf = basically no damage output, and increased incoming damage.

Two results:
    1) MB'ers are screwed coz toons can't be on /follow in NW fights, they'll be too close, and
    2) Removes the traditional blob zerg, and forces expansive gameplay within a tower field
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Idea: Just throw 10m special auras on everyone in 25%/5% areas... Auras from opposing factions crossing each other have no effect, auras of same faction crossing apply a 15% damage dealing nerf and a 15% damage received buff to each person crossing auras (so it effectively stacks).... 6 people crossing auras x 15% damage dealing nerf = basically no damage output, and increased incoming damage.

Two results:
    1) MB'ers are screwed coz toons can't be on /follow in NW fights, they'll be too close, and
    2) Removes the traditional blob zerg, and forces expansive gameplay within a tower field
    +1

Good ideas.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Two results:
    3) Melee chars trying to kill a specific target get mowed down in 3 seconds because they're to close together.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Two results:
    Or simply dont allow Third-Party tools to send commands to different Accounts. Its simply automation with a massivly spam from actions to different clients. If you take a look to the EULA, tools for automation isnt allowed an i dont know why they allow at by MB-Tools.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast