Thread: AO just removed "veterans"

AO just removed "veterans"

Im sure the restructure of veteran points has some long term goal of not making new players (steam maybe) not feel left out. But how could you FC? How could you just take the one saving grace from the long term players that have kept this game on life support instead of jumping ship for some other form of entertainment?

I mean you cut me deep. You are killing me smalls. My 12+ years of playing AO means nothing in the new "membership" reward system. It is a total slap in the face to see a brand new player get heckler juice when "vets" with 100-200-300 vet points get jacked.

Especially since you auto debit accounts, I dare not count how much $$$ i've spent on AO over the years, easily over 2 thousand dollars. And for my loyalty, I get access to a few old social items that I have on my most of my toons from before you took away the phasefront shop.

You want to make me happy, at least put heckler juice in vet shop for 50-100pts or give us unlimited ammo box in vet shop.

I mean seriously? Come on man!
    Last edited by Psikie; Apr 28th, 2016 at 03:04:42.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

That reminds me... I better check my account status.

I think I've logged in 5 times since Christmas. So sense paying $100/year for that!

meh i rather hope they use the energy on rebalance now and to boost the intrest for tower war / duels and battlestation

I don't object to new players getting stuff, I object to veteran players no longer being allowed to get the stuff they were once entitled to. See the decoupling of vet account Vet Points.

I only raidlog these days myself tbh. I'm enjoying feeling less screwed over by business models in another game atm.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Mine is still valid for a year or so. No more after that this is a jerk move by funcom mgt. I give up.

I don't see the problem here. It's a new system, seems like a good one, and only potential future benefits lost. Change is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't see the problem here. It's a new system, seems like a good one, and only potential future benefits lost. Change is normal.
    Nomad Forum Join Date Mar 22nd, 2010

Psikie Forum Join Date Feb 27th, 2002

No I suppose you wouldnt see a problem with the new system. Most likely because you have less of a vested interest.

Understand this is NOT about "what's fair" for new vs old players. This is about whats right vs wrong. Changing the system from a veteran "loyalty" reward system that rewards length of time you have been a customer, to a "membership" reward system that only rewards how much money you pre pay today is fine and dandy. HOWEVER, the right thing to do would have been to at least toss the membership reward items into the vet shop. Not slap vets in the face.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Lol, this is a non issue if you intend to continue being a veteran... Continue enough to have 12 months game time on your budget.

Also veteran shop is exactly like it was, you get same items that were in it before change, and same ammount of VP you had before. Furthermore new players do not get veteran points while you still have them.

So you loose nothing and gain something if you have long gametime...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Nomad Forum Join Date Mar 22nd, 2010

Psikie Forum Join Date Feb 27th, 2002

No I suppose you wouldnt see a problem with the new system. Most likely because you have less of a vested interest.

Understand this is NOT about "what's fair" for new vs old players. This is about whats right vs wrong. Changing the system from a veteran "loyalty" reward system that rewards length of time you have been a customer, to a "membership" reward system that only rewards how much money you pre pay today is fine and dandy. HOWEVER, the right thing to do would have been to at least toss the membership reward items into the vet shop. Not slap vets in the face.
    FYI, the new system does not require you to prepay months in advance in order to get the items. It is based on however long you continue to subscribe. So with 6 1-month memberships, you will get the 6 month rewards (eventually) and so on. It is just that the system pre-rewards those who have already purchased time. Personally I don't like what they did with the Veterans Points and how they have decoupled the Veteran accounts without warning or reason, but the new system is fine moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Lol, this is a non issue if you intend to continue being a veteran... Continue enough to have 12 months game time on your budget.

Also veteran shop is exactly like it was, you get same items that were in it before change, and same ammount of VP you had before. Furthermore new players do not get veteran points while you still have them.

So you loose nothing and gain something if you have long gametime...
    Not exactly.

Those of us with multiple accounts that are merged LOST the benefit of the eldest account Vet Points. That's a Loss.

The Vet shop itself will disappear in the near future - the writing is on the wall there. And... do you think that any more items will be added? The whole concept of a "veteran" is (will be) gone.

So, while the new system may be fine going forward, the treatment of those of us with long time and multiple accounts was handled, to say the least, very poorly.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    FYI, the new system does not require you to prepay months in advance in order to get the items. It is based on however long you continue to subscribe. So with 6 1-month memberships, you will get the 6 month rewards (eventually) and so on. It is just that the system pre-rewards those who have already purchased time. Personally I don't like what they did with the Veterans Points and how they have decoupled the Veteran accounts without warning or reason, but the new system is fine moving forward.
    all those nice new rewards are like jack and the bean stalk. My sub is good till 2017 and all I got was one per account heckler juice to get a lvl100 which I don't want anyway... I don't like the taste of old rotten smelly beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    FYI, the new system does not require you to prepay months in advance in order to get the items. It is based on however long you continue to subscribe. So with 6 1-month memberships, you will get the 6 month rewards (eventually) and so on.
    IF that is the case, my point is those of us that have already been subscribed for over 10 years really got nothing for our "veteran" status and loyalty. Thats all I was saying, the new system i'm sure will be just fantastic, however it certainly feels like my money over the past decade is not appreciated.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.