Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New characters not receiving correct vet points

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all! If you have any concerns with the veteran points you're seeing on your characters, please contact support at http://help.funcom.com/. This way, we can look in to your account and character information and investigate. Thank you!
    Odonoptera, you should read this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiluna View Post
    Once the accounts are merged, your Anarchy Online accounts will all have the highest number of veteran months available to any of your merged accounts.
    And then "you" (Funcom) can stop the stalling tactics and have the n00b who screwed up the billing fix it again.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Unless this has been ninja-changed, which would be extremely dirty pool FC...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Your customer service people do not know how to fix this or even that there is a problem. They keep telling me that my secondary account only has 12 months of time paid so should only get 3 points total.

My 2ndary account was a veteran account up until this recent patch. I have 36 veteran points on all characters on this account except one newly created after this patch. They either don't understand what this means or they don't understand something is broken or don't know how to fix it.

They are not admitting anything is wrong "you have 12 months paid on that account and should have 3 points".

Unacceptable.

It's called incompetence, and FC is unfortunately full of it. (Hence the struggle keeping the company going with game after game not making enough revenue)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    incompetence
    This is my favorite word to describe Funcom.

Also missing veteran points on accounts here.

Decided to roll a new toon to check and my sub-accounts are missing 140 vet points. Customer Service indicates that is correct; but it absolutely is not. Vet account has 276, sub account has 136 - no reason for them to be different other than failure of the system.

This situation reminds me of that time there were issues with major lag for players. We posted trace routes showing the problem was with FC's ISP.
    Official reply from FC was: It's not our problem, you have issues with your ISP. Tempers flared as apparently half the world's ISPs did not work, according to FC.
    Let's not do go down the path again, yeah? There is a problem with veteran points, stop with the denial and fix it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Alternity; Apr 20th, 2016 at 17:49:10.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    This situation reminds me of that time there were issues with major lag for players. We posted trace routes showing the problem was with FC's ISP.
    Official reply from FC was: It's not our problem, you have issues with your ISP. Tempers flared as apparently half the world's ISPs did not work, according to FC.
    Let's not do go down the path again, yeah? There is a problem with veteran points, stop with the denial and fix it.

Thank you.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I asked "why do all my characters except the one created after the patch have 36 points" and this is the reply I received:

{edited for customer service content}

What a total BS answer. "account error in your favor since 2007".
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 16th, 2016 at 02:43:41.

This many people wouldn't have this issue if it was in fact an error corrected in a recent patch. All they have to do is calculate the months paid for and when it changed from getting your points at the end of your time to when you got your points up front. They could also learn how to search the forums for these posts as well.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I also didn't receive correct vetpoints compared to other accounts but I got many more. My other characters had around 300 (last year I have to say) now I got 406 on a new one
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

An error? All accounts under the vet account inheriting the largest account's worth of Vet Points was classed as a feature back when it was introduced. So was getting the Vet Points for the sub time at the time you paid for it rather than at the end.

Have the goalposts been silently moved?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Wasn't there a tier system kinda thing in place for vet points, longer you where subscribed/ length of subscriptions you choose, the more bonus Vet points you'd get? Ergo, the more loyal, the more points. I think this recent fix: does not calculate that, thus the minus-difference we see.

Nice fix indeed ...
    Last edited by Aimzor; Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:04:43. Reason: We fixed it, but it will cost you....
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

This is complete and utter BS (and I don't mean BattleStation). FunCom, hello? Anybody there? I thought you were thru with all that promotion via negative publicity? Now, of course, I realize that in a few days someone will admit that this was an error, but that's not enough.

You really need to give us some answers on a few more questions.
    Why are you so stupid?
    What made you think that this could be a good idea?
    What made you think this theft could work?
    Who on Earth came up with this?
    Do you train your CS staff?
    Why are you so stupid?

If i had to guess they not only removed the ability to create veteran accounts but also removed veteran account link status all together. So my 2ndary account is only getting credit for the time it paid for now, which is much less than my main account. Combined with the fact that we can no longer increase our vet point total, I will never be able to get beacons on my 2ndary account.

TL;DR
    The reason that pushed me to get a 2ndary account in the first place is removed as a feature retroactively.

Quote Originally Posted by kiggity View Post
    If i had to guess they not only removed the ability to create veteran accounts but also removed veteran account link status all together. So my 2ndary account is only getting credit for the time it paid for now, which is much less than my main account.
    Not exactly, because:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I just checked on both Accounts and I get the correct amount of VetP on each. My 2nd Account was created directly as Veteran Account and I think this is the problem for many others. It seems like those Accounts that were created as single Accounts and linked later will only receive the points they would if they had been stayed a single Account.
    I created this Vet Account not even 2 months ago and it gets the same amount of VetP as my Main Account from 2005. Even after this patch. So the link status is not removed completely (if at all). There is something else going on at FC. Something shady.

Removing the Veteran Account feature was a real bad move and thus far I can't see the tiniest good reason why FC did it. Especially not from the moneyside. Too many people are mad bc they're stuck with a ridiculously low amount of VetP on 2ndary or 3rd accounts and some see no reason why they should keep using this Account, so Funcom loses money.
    The VetAcc was also a good incentive for people to create a 2ndary Account in the first place, but as it is now, why would they do that? So Funcom loses money here too.

Perhaps FunCom thought if we can't get Beacons and all from the Vet Shop anymore, we will go and pay more and more cash in the Itemsshop, but it's not gonna happen. Sorry.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Removing the Veteran Account feature was a real bad move and thus far I can't see the tiniest good reason why FC did it.
    Perhaps FunCom thought if we can't get Beacons and all from the Vet Shop anymore, we will go and pay more and more cash in the Itemsshop, but it's not gonna happen. Sorry.
    Exactly, this is complete idiocy. I dont have vet acc but I benefitted from VetP accumulation and I can only think that the reason for all these changes were to force people into the micropayments. Funcom doesnt realise that while some will use micropayments, there are some that never will. I havent played AO for as long as I have so I can start paying Micropayments. Thats just not the game I signed up for and its not the game I wish to play. I avoid micropayment games. I pay a subscription that is overly inflated beyond the games worth as it is. I will never put a micropayment in funcoms pocket. All funcom have done is removed my second accounts ability to be able to benefit from the beacons.

There was a point in time when I actually thought funcom were trying to destroy anarchy online in a slow and painful way by trying to turn away its playerbase. Things seemed to get better initially when michi grabbed the wheel but it seems the poison has steeped back in. Maybe it was all in error, a ship gone off course and its corrected the path to destruction.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

An answer would be nice

The merging of accounts was a FEATURE and the system calculating the Vet points based on the OLDEST account was a FEATURE.

As it stands now, none of my non-main accounts have the correct number of points. It appears that each account is now using IT'S CREATION date to calculate the time played for vet points.

I also had a group of toons built - level 1s... and they have LOST points - demonstrates that it is not just with NEWLY created toons.

I would like to get an answer if this is an intentional change - for some of us, its an important question.

I await a reply. (yeah, haha.. I know...)
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I've gone around (again) with Customer Service on this and still no progress. Apparently, they still read the published and advertised Veteran account feature as an error that's just now corrected. At this point I'm not sure if it's just something to give up on and shut down the account.

What's really frustrating is that they correctly register one of the two sub-vet accounts. And even use that as the example of how it "should be working".

Players put up with this stuff and that is why FC thinks it's OK to put out shoddy work coupled with horrible support. The solution is in your wallet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast