Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New characters not receiving correct vet points

New characters not receiving correct vet points

So I made an alt to test, and she received 3 points rather than the 36 points I have earned over the years. Pretty much a slap in the face if intended as we were given no warning that our loyalty was going to be 'reset'.

I hope its a bug.

I can confirm that something is not working correctly. On a toon that has never spent any Vet Points I should have 300. Just created a new character and I have 276.

Can confirm this has happened to me too. Rolled a brand new character. Should have 231 vet points. Actually has 55.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Confirming here too, should have 55 points, had 21 on a freshly created character.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I'm shorted ~50+ points when I started a new character today
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Funcom employee

Hey all! If you have any concerns with the veteran points you're seeing on your characters, please contact support at http://help.funcom.com/. This way, we can look in to your account and character information and investigate. Thank you!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Hey FC if you have any respect for your customers, please just roll back the last patch. This way you can earn back some respect from your customers. Thank you!
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Does this happen only on linked accounts? What about on linked accounts when the new character is rolled on the oldest game-account?

Based on the amount of points people are missing, it seems like the amount of paid game time that is counted is smaller.

Level 3 character a few months old still in icc 435 points, and a level 1 started today 406 points. After buying everything I could ever want from the veteran shop I have crap loads left, but still points is points

Just noticed the post above me about linked accounts so I double checked. I have two accounts that are linked and a new character started today on the older account is 435 points and 406 points for a new one on the newer account. Pretty sure that the totals were the same before this change, not positive though.
    Last edited by Borox; Apr 15th, 2016 at 18:26:14.
    Borox was born on June 30, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all! If you have any concerns with the veteran points you're seeing on your characters, please contact support at http://help.funcom.com/. This way, we can look in to your account and character information and investigate. Thank you!
    This is just a ridiculous answer - when probably everyone got an issue - why send people to support? investigate - get an answer - and write something useful. Else just don't write anything. You just piss people of more then people already are.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    This is just a ridiculous answer - when probably everyone got an issue - why send people to support? investigate - get an answer - and write something useful. Else just don't write anything. You just piss people of more then people already are.
    I second that.

That type of response just makes us think losing vet points on a new toon was intentional, even after we were told it wouldn't be the case. You have multiple complaints and video proof, so it's an issue affecting everyone more than likely.

Provide a timeframe to when this will be resolved, please.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Well i petitioned last time because i had only 171 veteran point (and i thought i should have more 111month paid ) and well we need to verify thought http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...teran+Shops%2F to calculate the ratio month paid/veteran points
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Removing vet point accumulation was plain dirty.

I have sent a email to them as well and was told "sorry for your confusion" and also given the link to how veteran points were calculated. My account in question was created as a veteran account and they can see that the other characters on the account have 36 points when my newly created character has only 3 (my new account is only 12 months paid time total so 3 points would be correct IF it was not created as a linked veteran account).

I'm sorry for FUNCOM's confusion. I am perfectly in the know regarding what I am entitled to for my accounts thank you very much.

Don't urinate on our shoes and tell us it's raining.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Please everyone in this thread contact support so they realize there is a problem and its not only me.

I was just told " The total number of accrued months on this specific game account has never been higher than 12 months, so 3 is the correct maximum number of veteran points you can receive on new characters."

When this is obviously not the case when i have 8 other characters that were created on the account, one of which was even created as recently as april 3rd with the full amount of vet points.

I just checked on both Accounts and I get the correct amount of VetP on each. My 2nd Account was created directly as Veteran Account and I think this is the problem for many others. It seems like those Accounts that were created as single Accounts and linked later will only receive the points they would if they had been stayed a single Account.

For example (fictional numbers)
    Account created in 2005: 300 VetP
    Account created in 2007: 230 VetP

After linked into Vet Account the Acc from 2007 got the 300 points as well, but now that Vet Accounts have been removed it will go back to its 230 VetP.

This is a slap in a lot of faces, especially because it happened without warning. Actually it happened even though we were told it wouldn't. What makes it even worse.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Some of my accounts simply have veteran points removed, lacking of 82+

**EDIT**

Looks like 92 points missing at a minimum.
    Last edited by Alternity; Apr 16th, 2016 at 10:03:55.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

This has to be the worst customer support response I have ever seen from FC.. and that is saying a lot.

I have six accounts, all linked, all should have the vet points of the most senior account (oldest) - none of them do now. Toons that were already created have lost points.

So, you think I should log all of the toons, on all the accounts and report them one by one? And report to a CS group that, in most instances, is less than helpful (from my past experience)?

FC knows they messed up - unless, of course, the removal of the linking aspect of vet points is now INTENTIONAL - go FIX the issue, it shouldn't take us reporting all of our toons one by one.

If it was intentional, then SAY SO - then we can have a different discussion.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast