Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Services ...

Upcoming Changes to Services ...

These are not upcoming ... with tomorrow's patch!! They are already implemented it would seem as soon as you posted to Forum Announcement if not before.

I had a character I wanted to move before the change took effect only to find the option was already gone.

Removing the options to merge accounts, transfer toons between accounts, etc. should have been announced with a grace period so that we could make any movements/merges we had already planned.

Being informed of upcoming changes that are Already in place is NOT Communicating with your Player base.

Emma

Quote below is from Andy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager's post Today.

-------------------------------

Hey all!

With the changes coming up to the Membership Rewards and Veteran Point system, some account services are changing. There’s some important points we would like to share with you, effective as of 1:00 PM EDT April 13, 2016:
    •New Veteran Accounts may no longer be created.
    •Accounts may no longer be merged.
    •The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available.

We’re investigating the possibility of the character transfer service returning at a later time, with new and improved functionality.

We are also implementing a new offer that essentially combines the All Expansions upgrade with the first purchase of Membership when going from a Froob account! This should help streamline the process for newer players and veterans alike, and eliminates situations where a Froob can buy membership without getting the expansions first!

Thanks for your attention, folks! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, or contact customer support at http://help.funcom.com/.

Seriously wtf FC ?
    Do you hate your paying customers this much ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I assume they disabled it without warning so people couldn't merge their chars back onto one account with the announcement of the new system that screws vet points over. The more active accounts that people will be forced into subbing far into the future to get the same rewards the better for them. It's actually quite amazing they would go to such lengths taking the rewards from past payments and deciding now you get them from future payments instead, greed... And the limited dev power this game already has being put into this instead of bug and exploit fixing. Gaming companies still don't understand reputation how you treat your customers is everything, giving pretty much no warning that all accounts are now frozen in time after years of flexibility is blatantly treating your customers like crap for money reasons. An in depth explanation of why and future plans would have gone a long way. Correct me if I'm wrong though please.

Maybe FC has some better system in store, who knows with so little details given before they up and removed it.
    Last edited by Foob; Apr 14th, 2016 at 03:50:46.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    If I'm wrong feel free to correct me please.
    You're always wrong.

But I would do anyyything for love, but I won't do that.

OOOOOH no, no

I won't do that.

I've said it many times, a little communication goes a long way. Funcom clearly isn't on the same page, but hey... I'm just a project engineer, what do I know about making sweeping changes...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    You're always wrong.

But I would do anyyything for love, but I won't do that.

OOOOOH no, no

I won't do that.
    It's good to see you've loosened up a bit MKS.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Dear higher-ups at Funcom,
    implementing these changes with no advance notice was not cool.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Lol. I was actually thinking I should attach my mule account to my mains.
    So much for that plan.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

FC is desperate, but the old vets with a tonne of accounts are pretty much all AO has left keeping the lights on. Surely that's the demographic you want to piss off the least?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Dear higher-ups at Funcom,
    implementing these changes with no advance notice was not cool.
    QFT

but can even be simplified to

implementing these changes was not cool.

I won't be renewing my accounts again. Good job Funcom?

This all just feels like a huge stab in the back for long term vets.

What changes are we talking about for vet ? a look at Odonoptera
    post at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...fers&p=6229514
    is aweful low on infomation , anyone care to explain whats going on ?

Guess we're about to find out...
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Guess we're about to find out...
    I think this patch just lays the "groundwork" and not the actual system?
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

New Veteran Accounts may no longer be created.
    Accounts may no longer be merged.
    The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available.

We’re investigating the possibility of the character transfer service returning at a later time, with new and improved functionality.
    Or some reason. Just single line, so communication is done why some feature vanished.

Well What is the problem? They desire to reward people who will be loyal in the future...

Character transfer should be back online. Or at least temporarily so people can reemerge their accounts if so desired.
    Last edited by Cratertina; Apr 14th, 2016 at 14:17:56. Reason: Saw announcment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    What is the problem? They desire to reward people who will be loyal in the future...
    All 15 of them...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I just got the e-mail about the new time-based membership rewards and I think Funcom has gone all Vader on us.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

NOT cool. You can't just disable such a service out of the blue. I'm really looking forward to a more detailed explanation. If this service is permanently removed, A LOT of accounts will stay/go Frozen. Not to mention the screwed up ones.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

Question : what is everyone doing with the Veteran points ? Asking because I do just 1 thing : buying beacons (10+10+50=70 vet points) and ofc you can do very good with only (10+10 - SL recall+ RK recall)

Why is everyone QQ-ing about vet points ?? God damn it ! What is wrong with you ppl ??
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

It's spit-in-your-face-disrespectful.

I probably have no right to complain, but as I won a lifetime subscription for AO many years ago I won't be able to gain any of those Membership Awards.
    Still, it sucks not to be able to move characters! I hope they will fix it by allowing to log more than 1 character from the same account at some point, that would solve it for me.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast