Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    As soon as your account is eligible for the reward, you get the reward and keep it. Rewards are delivered based on the total number of days you've purchased up-front.
    So it's basically just like the old seasonal subscription offers - just not seasonal and with some new stuff?

While everyone whining about vet points, have someone saw the new items ? I mean the Dust brigade new items ?
    Are they on aoitems ? Anyone screen-shots / links / anything ?
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Services and Offers Update Posted Today:https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...ces-amp-Offers Notes (Effective Apr 13 at 1:00 PM EDT - That's today for those keeping track):Accounts may no longer be merged.The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available.You have got to be kidding me. Not even a warning? So we're just stuck with whatever toons we moved? God, I hate this language filter.
    what the **** is this ****.

The boots are nice. 20 AAD and evades. Nano skills and damage. I tossed them on my Enf. They aren't NODROP. At first, I thought "OMG awesome." But, overall I don't know that I like that, to be honest.

I was given a random part as the reward. If we could instead pick what reward we wanted, and it's NODROP I think that would be better.

The stuff is too strong to be trade-able. Just saying...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Another wonder of ******* - No Balance, No PvP improvements...but more (useless)items and dailys. Yeah dailys and ruin old vet system, thats it who everyone here talking about to make AO better.

I suggest to read forum and make what your community want...will help alot..
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Put Character Transfers BACK!!!!!!! No more of this April Fool Joke!!!!

Emma

This veteran points and character transfer drama was just 1st april fool joke people ... March monthly update posted on 2nd April with title "april fooled". Im confused, thanks for the confusing monthly update FC. Normally its me troll people, now i feel like FC is trolling me
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Maybe, but pranking paying customers isn't smart :P

They need to bring back character transfer ASAP. Also, the veteran points for new toons is a confirmed problem, not a case by case problem, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Both of these need a resolution, and we should be given a timeframe for when it will be completed.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Whats the reason Funcom removed the claims of the new items for lifetime account people?? Got all the items on a character last night, but today nothing is left to claim on any of my toons!

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Whats the reason Funcom removed the claims of the new items for lifetime account people?? Got all the items on a character last night, but today nothing is left to claim on any of my toons!
    At a guess, I would have to say it's the same thinking behind most of the other changes we've seen in recent years...MONEY.

Milk the loyal like the cash-cows they are...that's all it is at the root of it IMO.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

So the veteran points and character transfer drama is real or its "late" 1st April fool joke? If its real then why put April fooled in the monthly update title? Anyways if its a joke then its a bad joke due to this monthly update was posted on 2nd April which is overdue 1st April fooled joke, and if this is real then its bad news. Its like here is horse sh!t and here is cow sh!t, whats you gonna believe in? they are both sh!ts. What a confusing soup of a monthly update.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Come on guys, you can't honestly think that this is some elaborate April fools joke?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

The new dailies from ICC, they are only available every other week for one week at a time. I only get to play on the weekends for any decent length of time so this means I get to do about 2 dailies a fortnight. The forums have shown that gauntlet is a massive fail because of its schedule... here more content is hidden behind crummy schedules.

Are the rewards offered by the completion of the missions (IE the dustbrigade armor) due to change with each visit or will they be static rewards throughout?
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:51:21.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

the char transfer will be looked at didnt they say so? they didnt say its shut down forever. i dont know why people react so bad to that except for that they could given a warning about it much earlyer that it would be taken down.
    also i used some days to chew on this, and i cant realy attack and be grumpy just yet.
    would like to know how the new vet system work here if i may even call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    would like to know how the new vet system work here if i may even call it that.
    This new system is exactly like the one they implemented not too long ago in TSW and are going to implement in AoC shortly. Basically as you continue to have a subscription, you will earn new rewards. So 6 months from now you will receive the 180 day rewards. However, if your account is already paid for into the future, either through promotions or GRACE, then you will be given the rewards up front for time already subbed.

It is a system that works very well in a game that is B2P as an additional perk to paying for the subscription, but for AOs subscription model, just seems a bit out of place. Though I wonder if they are going to take a look at how membership works moving forward, as they have announced that AoC is going to be getting its F2P system overhauled. Would love to see a system more like TSW where the base game is free once purchased and then new content would be behind DLC (which if you sub, you would have enough points each month to purchase).

Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    This new system is exactly like the one they implemented not too long ago in TSW and are going to implement in AoC shortly. Basically as you continue to have a subscription, you will earn new rewards. So 6 months from now you will receive the 180 day rewards. However, if your account is already paid for into the future, either through promotions or GRACE, then you will be given the rewards up front for time already subbed.

It is a system that works very well in a game that is B2P as an additional perk to paying for the subscription, but for AOs subscription model, just seems a bit out of place. Though I wonder if they are going to take a look at how membership works moving forward, as they have announced that AoC is going to be getting its F2P system overhauled. Would love to see a system more like TSW where the base game is free once purchased and then new content would be behind DLC (which if you sub, you would have enough points each month to purchase).
    so basicly punished now for beeing a old vet, now the old vet also has to pay in advance to recive stuff or stand equal to a newb.
    talk about showing appriciation for old members, its so greedy that i want to cry.

so basicly punished now for beeing a old vet, now the old vet also has to pay in advance to recive stuff or stand equal to a newb.
    talk about showing appriciation for old members, its so greedy that i want to cry.
    It is a system that rewards current subscribers, not really different than earning Vet Points each month. However in this instance, there is not a choice in what items I can purchase with those points through the vendor, instead opting for known items (which yes encourages some to purchase longer subscription plans). Don't get me wrong, I like(d) the Vet Points system, but then again I have 300 points (at least I should when FC fixes that issue). Newer customers however might have different thoughts on the matter and right now FC is looking to gain new customers. How they go about that is up for discussion, but that is the goal with these new membership rewards programs.

As this patch and its ramifications become more apparent, I can't help tasting the sour flavour of cash-milking in my mouth.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

good for new subs, but old loyal subs dont realy gain any appriciation. you are now not rewarded anymore for still beeing here, but rewarded for how much you plan to pay in advance pretty much

good for new subs, but old loyal subs dont realy gain any appriciation. you are now not rewarded anymore for still beeing here, but rewarded for how much you plan to pay in advance pretty much
    Yeah, and that's what makes all of this even more sad/fun, is FunCom going to unleash a mega 2K promotion campagin for AO? Fix the beta client and get us on steam shortly? If not its just another punch in the groin for veterans, and milking the few brave souls who venture into this domain.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast