Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

So i try to play AO... like right now.. down for update! HYPE IS REAL!

OK :P We have engine, we have newbie zone... what could it be? I dont even know what i'm excited about.. but will report asap. I see patchnotes nowhere... wat is going on? *runs around the room*

Must be new sexy weapons for TL5 and 7 and 3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    So i try to play AO... like right now.. down for update! HYPE IS REAL!

OK :P We have engine, we have newbie zone... what could it be? I dont even know what i'm excited about.. but will report asap. I see patchnotes nowhere... wat is going on? *runs around the room*

Must be new sexy weapons for TL5 and 7 and 3...
    New currency to grind and some weird rewards for people who have long subs...

What I'm really sad is FC's lack of pushing this game on bigger markets, like Steam. They really don't seem to even try to revitalise the player base.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

My account is active for another 3 years nearly, I wonder how many goodies I'll be able to claim once this patches :>

edit; found the link http://www.anarchy-online.com/membership-rewards
    yay 1056 days, guess I gotta wait 180 days to get new goodies :/
    Last edited by Dysfunction; Apr 14th, 2016 at 15:48:00.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Accounts may no longer be merged.
    The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available.
    oO! I'm seeing so many names I don't even recognize, on the forums. You guys have really pissed some people off with this one

And these new loyality rewards. Funcom really ?
    I was about to merge my accounts before next payment (guess when -> tommorow) knowing about that ridiculous change (Almost every patches in past were like minimum half a year after announcement).
    Zonk - UPDATE in progress...

This one was the fastest patch ever made, why ???

Could free accounts post on forums before or is that new with this membership rewards program.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    I feel like Funcom was bought by Perfect World/Cryptic. 1 day change announcements and bad decisions over and over. Guess this is the modern game developer. Makes me want to stop playing games.
    Nah it won't truly hit PWI levels until lockboxes start dropping instead of regular loot. At that point I'll be uninstalling and burning my accounts to the ground. It's not a move I'd normally expect out of FC but at the moment it seems anything goes in the search for revenue.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    Getting AO onto Steam should be your first and only priority. If that means finishing the engine then so be it. It's not just impossible to get a team at certain times like AUS primetime, it's almost impossible to do team content at all during the week. It's tough to sell loot on GMI to a dwindling customer base. It's tough to level lowbies. Battlestations are empty most of the time. What the game needs desperately, more than anything else, is an infusion of players. And Steam is the only realistic avenue left for AO to achieve this. Send a free month offer to canceled accounts and upgrade froobs to sloobs at the same time and then pray.
    i have to echo this. new game content is not the needed thing right now. population is.

get the game on steam, add content later when there are people to play through it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    "Accounts may no longer be merged."
    "The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available."

what in the hell are you doing??!!
    wtf?

why was this not mentioned in the april post if it was planned to be removed?
    Last edited by Marinegent; Apr 14th, 2016 at 19:53:12.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Could free accounts post on forums before or is that new with this membership rewards program.

No, it was bugged at one point that gave them opportunity. But if it's mentioned to be case I think it's revoked...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    My account is active for another 3 years nearly, I wonder how many goodies I'll be able to claim once this patches :>

edit; found the link http://www.anarchy-online.com/membership-rewards
    yay 1056 days, guess I gotta wait 180 days to get new goodies :/
    I wonder how that will work for someone like Steve, with his free-for-life account.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I wonder how that will work for someone like Steve, with his free-for-life account.
    In TSW, those with a Lifetime Sub are granted all rewards as they are released, so he should have everything.

I'm curious as to why the patch server hamster isn't given an extra piece of lettuce on Patch Day? Maybe lace it with caffeine or something. In other words, wth does it take hours to patch on patch release day. Invariably I get frustrated and finally, gasp...play something else...and if it's something that needs a patch-- say a a 10gb one, usually done for me in 30-40 min. I've been looking at the AO progress bar winning the slow Olympics since 13:30 local...it's now 17:05 local with supposedly 37 minutes left.

Not sure if this was asked but, what happens with the vet points that have yet to be given? As you do not receive any till you renew your subscription.

For instance my account still has till October on 18 months paid, previously I would receive my points for that period when I renewed. Will my 12 months of paid for vet points just become crap vet rewards I did not want?

Vet points are given the moment you pay for the subscription, perhaps its related to the other issue of missing vet points on new toons tho.

This is totally redick. Population is indeed what should be the focus. If fc is really making money off all this pay to win crap and Its the reason why they keep adding more, then why the he'll aren't they focused on bringing in more people...instead of milking the pennies from the remaining 30 or so people who play... Would be fine if you could actually pull enough for a decent raid from lft but all that's filled with nowadays is wtb orders and poh requests..utter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I'm curious as to why the patch server hamster isn't given an extra piece of lettuce on Patch Day? Maybe lace it with caffeine or something. In other words, wth does it take hours to patch on patch release day. Invariably I get frustrated and finally, gasp...play something else...and if it's something that needs a patch-- say a a 10gb one, usually done for me in 30-40 min. I've been looking at the AO progress bar winning the slow Olympics since 13:30 local...it's now 17:05 local with supposedly 37 minutes left.
    I think they have seriously broken up something. As the test server patching was horrendous before the patch. And the bottleneck isn't on my systems 1Gb internet...

So let's say i have currently 65 days left on my account - must i claim the 60 day reward in the next 5 days or will they stay claimable after that?

I'm assuming it's still claimable after that.
    My account has 340 days left on it, but has access to the 360 day rewards.
    Although I only saw the 1-60 Heckler Juice and not the 60-100 on a level 60 char I logged in to check with.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I feel like Funcom was bought by Perfect World/Cryptic. 1 day change announcements and bad decisions over and over. Guess this is the modern game developer. Makes me want to stop playing games.
    Maybe they wisend up a bit , this Year i got a big Load of free Promotional Stuff , roughly calced for a good 3k Zen.
    That being said they f0ck up when it comes to Pay via Steam-Wallet , takes them forever to verify those .... but unlike AO its at least supported at all.
    If anyone became curios and needs help getting started ... /tell ruby@dollcet in STO

The Items offered in the Arbiters Buero Booth are a bad Joke right now, more to come or did you alleady notice how crappy they are and have the Drone buff 20% Exp because of that ??

Phasefront Bundles 100VP .... great ...what about those who just want a single Phasefront Yalm ?

FC this is 1/10 , i rather spend my Playtime & Money on STO.
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 16th, 2016 at 17:53:05. Reason: bAd EnGrIsH
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    So let's say i have currently 65 days left on my account - must i claim the 60 day reward in the next 5 days or will they stay claimable after that?
    As soon as your account is eligible for the reward, you get the reward and keep it. Rewards are delivered based on the total number of days you've purchased up-front.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast