Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    How will this new system work? Will we have something to claim each month based on a formula using how far out we have paid our subscription? So, for example say we get 15 points this month, 14 next, etc. until we renew and then back to 15 points to spend?

We will hold you to the comment that future newly rolled toons on our accounts will have the same veteran points they would if rolled today. I am not sure I agree with stopping any new veteran points, but you definitely should not take away any of our old ones.

Emma
    I have a feeling the new rewards will be just like the new TSW loyalty rewards (http://www.thesecretworld.com/membership). Basically this new system encourages people to subscribe into the future in order to get new rewards, as opposed to building up a huge block of points to be used. Not sure how this will work exactly, as TSW is a B2P game with rewards for being a subscriber. I wonder if this is a step towards them making AO B2P?

Updates to the engine when? When will it be out of beta?

Why keep removing things or changing things that are working fine? Removing veteran points so you can sell veteran items in the item store? that is shameful. There are so many broken things that need to be fixed for years if you fix those you might get some old subscribers to come back instead of trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of the dwindling player base.

I was about to resub for old times sake but it looks like it may be better left a memory...

All of this points junk and a new form of currency sound like a huge waste of time. Loyalty points shouldn't exist, the game alone should be enough to encourage people to sub for longer periods not the chance for a reward of some kind.

Not playing until it goes free with a reasonably priced items store. Balance changes, the engine, proper zones for a smooth non-afk leveling experience, maybe remove the need for third party bots and make chat channels universal (seriously there is no way we will flood a zone via the OOC chat AO generates), STEAM launch, actually marketing the game, and similar efforts could make a real difference to the survival of AO. This stuff won't in my opinion.

RE:- vet point changes.

Where is the value ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by swirling-dog View Post
    Why keep removing things or changing things that are working fine? Removing veteran points so you can sell veteran items in the item store? that is shameful. There are so many broken things that need to be fixed for years if you fix those you might get some old subscribers to come back instead of trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of the dwindling player base.

I was about to resub for old times sake but it looks like it may be better left a memory...
    Well he did not actually state that Veterans Items would be going into the store, we are just inferring that is the plan. They could also make the vet items part of the loyalty rewards, part of the items purchasable through the new currency, or perhaps even through general gameplay. I do not necessarily agree with removing the vet store (well the ability to accrue points) but I would rather see the actual plan for the items before making up my mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    Well he did not actually state that Veterans Items would be going into the store, we are just inferring that is the plan. They could also make the vet items part of the loyalty rewards, part of the items purchasable through the new currency, or perhaps even through general gameplay. I do not necessarily agree with removing the vet store (well the ability to accrue points) but I would rather see the actual plan for the items before making up my mind about it.
    Well said. I decided to say nothing until I know exactly what changes are involved in this because as it stands now it's just way too vague to even think about right now.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    but I will do what I can to Make Rubi-Ka Great Again. Thanks again to those who have stuck with us.
    You are doing a great job ! And this sounds so nice ...

P.S. we know that "us" means "me" and we thank you !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

RE: Veteran Points

1. maintain all accounts with current #

2. build a vet point cap (i.e. 200)

3. build a more balanced vet point acquisition rate (20 points/ year, 10 points/6 months)

If you've payed for 10 years, you're definitely a vet, but nobody needs more than 200 points per account.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

If you've payed for 10 years, you're definitely a vet, but nobody needs more than 200 points per account.
    Depends on cost of new items. A new high cost item like say heckler juice costing 50-100pts would make fast work of stockpiled pts.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

1. maintain all accounts with current #

3. build a more balanced vet point acquisition rate (20 points/ year, 10 points/6 months)

What if my account already has 300? Should I be penalized? I would prefer to keep them, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Updates to the engine when? When will it be out of beta?
    Never, they're done with it. They shoved it to live so they could move on and stop talking about it. It's no longer discussed in the monthly updates because they are no longer working on it. No redone body frames for new armor attachments (for non-painted on armor...I recall this being discussed at some point) and none of the new "too asian" heads that were being worked on a few years back will ever see the light of day. The bugs and quirks that exist now will never be fixed.

...and no, I don't have insider knowledge...it's just obvious this is all we're ever going to get.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post

...and no, I don't have insider knowledge...it's just obvious this is all we're ever going to get.

This is already one of the most extreme "P2P2W" MMO's in existence and "they" are working very hard to turn it into an unique "P2P2P2W4W?", the most "exclusive" multiplayer game ever. What more do you want?

I'd say - just cap the reward, don't increase it after 20-ish (or whatever) VetP per cycle.

In this order...

Agent Nerf, Multi-box, Steam.

Thank you for the update Michi. Keep grinding and keep your head up!

I don't know what is the population at this moment. I was online when it was free to play for brief moment, but just imagine paying 78 USD per month... I don't feel like comming back at all. And it even worse when I check updates - new engine is not fixed (no progress talked by Michi), balance thingy not touched... I have huge nostalgia for AO, but just can't pay for dreams.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I don't know what is the population at this moment. I was online when it was free to play for brief moment, but just imagine paying 78 USD per month... I don't feel like comming back at all. And it even worse when I check updates - new engine is not fixed (no progress talked by Michi), balance thingy not touched... I have huge nostalgia for AO, but just can't pay for dreams.
    Why the hell would you pay 78 usd per month?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Why the hell would you pay 78 usd per month?
    Big family or mbox, who knows ^.^
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

well I find it hard to explain, but I try. I live in Poland, I pay 78 PLN - my monthly salary is 2500 PLN. Basic prices of food and mothly salary are the same as in USA (afaik, but in USD)- so its rather comparision. And yes, I must pay this much 5% of my monthly salary for a single account. I was posting my expences for this game in other post - those are not small numbers. I could get yearly subscription, pay half of the price, but hey!, If I want to play only 2 months, not 6? I will still be forced to pay even more then I wanted to... This game is way to expansive for me.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

All POH and Beast drops will become Veteran Point items.
    lolSPLAT

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast