Thread: Beta Download problems?

Angry Beta Download problems?

Well since we are having issues downloading the new patch, I decided to try downloading the beta. Downloaded all night, and when I woke up, it was done....but I couldn't find it. It didn't download. I figured my computer restarted or something. So I tried downloading it again...this time was about 4 hours...and if finally finished, but again...cant find it. So I will try downloading the other one. Hopefully it works, because I deleted everything to use the newer version.

Anyone else having this problem? Does windows 10 have anything to do with it? (Don't upgrade to 10, dumbest thing I have done this year)

Windows 10 is not the issue and most of the issues people experience with it are due to badly set up systems, not to W10 itself.

That said, the installer/patcher from Funcom is TERRIBLE in the sense that if anything goes wrong with any part of the installation process it deletes all the install files.
    There were some links provided for a manual download that many found better as they could keep a copy of the stuff in case things went south.

I'm sure the Search function can lead you to them (or someone else with a bit more time than me will point those out directly)
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Yea...I'm not even sure what to search for...I guess I will wait to see if the older one installs...if nothing works, then ill just cancel my account. No sense paying for something I cant play right? But will try this first.

Down load the 5gig installer, DON'T let it auto-install, copy the bin files to a separate folder as a backup, change the install path from c:\programefiles to anything else eg c:\programefilesx86 or just C:\AO
    And this should have the game installed without a hitch. if it fails, then repeat with the backup bin files it downloaded to begin with.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

When using the internet installer for the Beta client
    • Start the installer/downloader, select a destination folder
    • Once the first file has downloaded, it's a text file and tiny, cancel the process
    • Open the text file in something like Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, vim, emacs, whatever
    • Copy the URLs for all the files listed and add them to a real download manager like Free Download Manager or JDownload
    • Let them all download, and will be faster (ie. able to cap your bandwidth)
    • Run the install.exe file that you downloaded once everything is done

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP