Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - January 2016 (Getting Rekt)

Something agents something something
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I wonder what 170+ veteran months will get me?
    Nothing, because you never log on

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Let's just say... I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt, but hold him to his statement regarding lack of communication last month when balance changes start to happen. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Nothing, because you never log on
    I have an idea.... Give 1% xp bonus for each consequitive login day. Should help people login more often....
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I have an idea.... Give 1% xp bonus for each consequitive login day. Should help people login more often....
    But I'm max level
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But I'm max level
    Right... Give some kind of lvl 11 research... You can only pick one of 7 and to change it.... ReseArch allover again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Right... Give some kind of lvl 11 research... You can only pick one of 7 and to change it.... ReseArch allover again.
    OK!

nice idea.

so... something like:

1. 50 HD 25 ND
    2. 300 NR
    3. 1500 HP 1500 max nano
    4. 100 AAO 100 inits
    5. 200 AAD 50 evades
    6. 5% crit, 5% heal eff, 5% nano damage
    7. 50 nanoskills, 5% nanocost, 100 nano init

something substantial, but not OP since you have to choose it in absence of other boosts, and anyone can counter it... seems like a cool idea.

How much XP for the line? 80m SK?

Sk to xp conversion is 1:1000, isn't it?
    80m SK is 80 000 000 000 xp, current 10 is 900k. Thats a 9 000 000% increase.
    If I assume you get 150k xp at 220 with 6/day it would take 90 000 days.
    Even if the conversion rate is 1:1 the increase in needed xp is 9 000 %. Which is way overboard,

6.3m is one week with 6 rewards. I think that is still to much. You want this to be something people acctualy will change, at 6.3m most people are just gonna make a choice and stay there permanently.
    My suggestion would be 2.7m 3 days with 6 rewards. This allows even the multi-220s to change their setup witout much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    Sk to xp conversion is 1:1000, isn't it?
    80m SK is 80 000 000 000 xp, current 10 is 900k. Thats a 9 000 000% increase.
    If I assume you get 150k xp at 220 with 6/day it would take 90 000 days.
    Even if the conversion rate is 1:1 the increase in needed xp is 9 000 %. Which is way overboard,

6.3m is one week with 6 rewards. I think that is still to much. You want this to be something people acctualy will change, at 6.3m most people are just gonna make a choice and stay there permanently.
    My suggestion would be 2.7m 3 days with 6 rewards. This allows even the multi-220s to change their setup witout much effort.
    80M SK @ 150K SK per daily reward would be 533.3 rewards.
    So about 3 months just doing dailies.

Way, way, way to high.

If it were say 7x the requirement of a level 10, like you suggested of 6.3M SK, that would be 42 dailies @ 150K SK and at 6 a day it works out neatly to a week to complete.
    That would be long enough to not be trivial, but short enough that if you wanted to change your setup to min/max some other potential setup it's not a complete brain-rotting experience.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Nah that'd be fine. I'd have no issue with something so outlandishly far out in the future, but not with any of those uber stats listed above. Just something silly.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thanks, Michi.

By the way I'm curious if you've had a chance to catch up on your PMs yet? You're probably snowed under as it is and I don't want to be a nag, but I sent you something a while back and wondered if you'd had a chance to see it.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    OK!

nice idea.

so... something like:

1. 50 HD 25 ND
    2. 300 NR
    3. 1500 HP 1500 max nano
    4. 100 AAO 100 inits
    5. 200 AAD 50 evades

something substantial, but not OP since you have to choose it in absence of other boosts, and anyone can counter it... seems like a cool idea.

copy the legacy system from swtor and roll all those junk perks nobody uses or uses are limited into it such as ncu extensions. Gain a level and get ncu booster on all toons on account etc.

OK!

nice idea.

so... something like:

1. 50 HD 25 ND
    2. 300 NR
    3. 1500 HP 1500 max nano
    4. 100 AAO 100 inits
    5. 200 AAD 50 evades

Something exactly like that yes. And then if you want to switch... pick new one and research it.. :P

XP needs to be phatty 80M SK is hmm a bit low.. but numbers dont matter much, just an idea, just something to do, to keep gathering xp even at the end. .. oh and level lock it to 220.

How about remove the org benefits from Notum wars and add it as some global sided research? Ofc the research grind would have to be something Michi feels is a challenge. Could even add a few other things as well, as a possibility.

Notum wars needs a full revamp. It's so stupid, so broken, and WAY too susceptible to exploitation, cheating via MB and, in the end it's not even.

I've given it some thought lately, and I realized, playing Dota 2 exactly what the problem with Notum wars is.

When you die in NW, that's it, you're out of the fight for too long.

If AO is ever going to have a balanced PVP venue, they have to remove the one sided benefits that towers provide, and make battlestationesque venues that provide a dynamic bonus that fades rapidly.

For example: make 1 new "battlestation", with different objectives and rules (factional).

All BS's would fulfil the BS daily mission, but anytime one side WINS the battlestation, a 5 hour stackable buff is given to the side which wins.
    Each BS provides a different buff depending on which side you win with (buffs only given on a win).

Regular (current) BS could give something like: (stackable up to 3 times) 20 add dmg, 10% XP, 1% crit, 3 base stats, 3 first aid, 3 treatment

The new BS (factional) could give a different type of buff, stackable up to 3 times as well: 20 AAO, 20 AAD, 3 base stats, 3 first aid, 3 treatment, 200 HP/200 Max Nano

Stacks refresh and thus at the end of 3 wins you have your buffs for 5 hours.

Then.. if you wanted to retain some of the organisation benefits...

You make Org benefits scale in accordance with BS wins with a delay so benefits are retained for a period after activity. Each win could provide 10 contract points which are credited to the organisation you belong to when you win in BS, those 10 contract points stay in the Org bank for 7 days. After 7 days, the points expire and are removed.

This way, you have to keep fighting to maintain your benefits, which is exactly what the current notum wars model doesn't do. It also becomes much more casual, putting far less emphasis on having stupid multiboxes to win, while providing a huge boost to activity (you don't need to be max geared to win at BS... you just have to play smart); Also, the more people that join up the faster you accrue contract points - AGAIN, exactly what NW wanted to do but couldn't since it became an elite killfest vs anyone who wasn't max geared.

It emphasizes being in an org, being in an ACTIVE org, and being in an org big enough with enough active members that you can achieve all the org boosts within a week of play.

Just an idiot check:

Imagine 6 guys from one org go to BS and play all day. They get in 10 rounds in a few hours. they win 50% of the rounds, so their org is credited with 5 wins*6 players*10 points = 300 points

they play 7 days in a row, and accomplish the same result: 300points x 7 = 2100 points.

That's exactly the kind of result you *SHOULD* be able to get in notum wars. A group of players works diligently all week and is able to capture enough sites to max out their org contract space. Unfortunately, since MB started ruining NW, that is no longer the case.

Bump on Michi's next project being a rewamp on NW (i believe it was a very close second when we got to vote on what the players wanted the former team to work on, with new inf missions winning)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

There have been multiple suggestions to fix this over the years, including my own. And everytime it was shot down by "the real pvpers".
    (Mine was something to the extent of BS like spawn points for each faction on either side of the tower field)

Notum wars needs a full revamp. It's so stupid, so broken, and WAY too susceptible to exploitation, cheating via MB and, in the end it's not even.

I've given it some thought lately, and I realized, playing Dota 2 exactly what the problem with Notum wars is.

If AO is ever going to have a balanced PVP venue, they have to remove the one sided benefits that towers provide, and make battlestationesque venues that provide a dynamic bonus that fades rapidly.

For example: make 1 new "battlestation", with different objectives and rules (factional).

All BS's would fulfil the BS daily mission, but anytime one side WINS the battlestation, a 5 hour stackable buff is given to the side which wins.
    Each BS provides a different buff depending on which side you win with (buffs only given on a win).

Regular (current) BS could give something like: (stackable up to 3 times) 20 add dmg, 10% XP, 1% crit, 3 base stats, 3 first aid, 3 treatment

The new BS (factional) could give a different type of buff, stackable up to 3 times as well: 20 AAO, 20 AAD, 3 base stats, 3 first aid, 3 treatment, 200 HP/200 Max Nano

You make Org benefits scale in accordance with BS wins with a delay so benefits are retained for a period after activity. Each win could provide 10 contract points which are credited to the organisation you belong to when you win in BS, those 10 contract points stay in the Org bank for 7 days. After 7 days, the points expire and are removed.

This way, you have to keep fighting to maintain your benefits, which is exactly what the current notum wars model doesn't do. It also becomes much more casual, putting far less emphasis on having stupid multiboxes to win, while providing a huge boost to activity (you don't need to be max geared to win at BS... you just have to play smart); Also, the more people that join up the faster you accrue contract points - AGAIN, exactly what NW wanted to do but couldn't since it became an elite killfest vs anyone who wasn't max geared.

It emphasizes being in an org, being in an ACTIVE org, and being in an org big enough with enough active members that you can achieve all the org boosts within a week of play.

Just an idiot check:

Imagine 6 guys from one org go to BS and play all day. They get in 10 rounds in a few hours. they win 50% of the rounds, so their org is credited with 5 wins*6 players*10 points = 300 points

they play 7 days in a row, and accomplish the same result: 300points x 7 = 2100 points.

That's exactly the kind of result you *SHOULD* be able to get in notum wars. A group of players works diligently all week and is able to capture enough sites to max out their org contract space. Unfortunately, since MB started ruining NW, that is no longer the case.
    Orgs in general need a revamp. We are still without basic functions and rely on bots for everything

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Orgs in general need a revamp. We are still without basic functions and rely on bots for everything
    I don't think Michi should use his time developing features that there already are viable solutions for. What are your issues with the org system?
    Id rather have Michi fixing Gauntlet than improving the chat system or something we have bots for.

Just an idiot check:

sucks if you like playering self buffed, means i cant enter becose get outside buff in my ncu.
    should try suggest something for evryone, i aint the onlyone who likes to be self buffed in pvp

Just an idiot check:

Omg this... Stackable rewards.

Rework of Notum Wars and rework of battlestation wars. That would be so much good.

Notum wars...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast