Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Reck

Is all the new gear boss loot or is some of it quest based?
    lolSPLAT

I am beginning to think that these non level locked areas need a "content for level less than X" stat on the mobs. Why? When a 220 (toon > set content level) hits a mob marked as content < 190 for example the mob instant hits them for 1 million points of damage. Then the dev team can add this stat to any area they feel is being abused and just not tell the players. lots of dead 220's or more specifically lots of dead toons that were above the content level. would really add some danger for while as people figure out what level toons can do content and what level gets insta killed.

Just again pointing out that areas can be open to 220's to go and view the area and do scouting but that the content is protected for the designed level range.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by unarmedfix View Post
    Is all the new gear boss loot or is some of it quest based?
    From what I could see going thru the Reck Daily's the perception is that the new gear is lootable from the mob the level appropriate toons must kill to get their mission update. It definitely is not a reward for finishing the mission. I haven't seen any new gear myself ... with my level 130 toon that was doing the daily's.

This makes it very difficult for level appropriate toons to finish their Reck daily's if 220's are camping the mission mobs looking for the new gear. They don't even have an alt in tow who needs the update. They are just insta-killing the boss as soon as it spawns.

Emma
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 11th, 2016 at 01:08:16.

Is https://aoitems.com/item/303067/rikers-resolve/ dropping? I've killed Riker ~20 times with no drops. If it is just a really low drop rate it is going to take a long long time for anyone to get it.
    lolSPLAT

Quote Originally Posted by unarmedfix View Post
    Is https://aoitems.com/item/303067/rikers-resolve/ dropping? I've killed Riker ~20 times with no drops. If it is just a really low drop rate it is going to take a long long time for anyone to get it.
    A friend killed it and got 2 in a row earlier today, so it definitely drops.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I am beginning to think that these non level locked areas need a "content for level less than X" stat on the mobs. Why? When a 220 (toon > set content level) hits a mob marked as content < 190 for example the mob instant hits them for 1 million points of damage. Then the dev team can add this stat to any area they feel is being abused and just not tell the players. lots of dead 220's or more specifically lots of dead toons that were above the content level. would really add some danger for while as people figure out what level toons can do content and what level gets insta killed.

Just again pointing out that areas can be open to 220's to go and view the area and do scouting but that the content is protected for the designed level range.
    It will probably only be like this for the first few days while people are checking it out and gearing some alts, give it a couple of weeks and it will be a dead zone for tl7.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

I expected it to be more crowded than it was on patch day - probably a bad sign population wise.
    Love the froob-friendly loot and the new merit board which is a nice boost to tl4/5 neutrals.
    Having Saavicks updated map included in the patch is welcomed too.

What i find a bit annoying is the (very) short range after which the mobs get in "homing mode" (lose aggro, run back to their spawn point with high heal delta). Probably intendend to prevent kiting?

what's the new loot link? need to dust off my lv130ish toon..been sitting in the corner of bory for ages.

https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.8.11/

?
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Feb 11th, 2016 at 13:02:06.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    I expected it to be more crowded than it was on patch day - probably a bad sign population wise.
    Love the froob-friendly loot and the new merit board which is a nice boost to tl4/5 neutrals.

What i find a bit annoying is the (very) short range after which the mobs get in "homing mode" (lose aggro, run back to their spawn point with high heal delta). Probably intendend to prevent kiting?
    kite in a circle, not a straight line

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    A friend killed it and got 2 in a row earlier today, so it definitely drops.
    Hah. I must be terribly unlucky or there is some prerequisite to it dropping. 40 kills and nothing but sided tokens.
    lolSPLAT

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    kite in a circle, not a straight line
    Let me rephrase it: It can be intended to not pull multiple mobs to a location to aoe-kill them all (while running in circles like in old times - nowadays you probably always have a OST...)

Different topic:
    https://aoitems.com/item/303069/vision-of-hope/
    SkillLockModifier +5% - wonder if this is intended or should be -5%?

So what happend to 90-170 range... why are 220's allover the place?

But eventually 220's will get tired and we can do the proper fun thing there
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Yeah what i surprise, logged into game for first time in a long while to check out The Reck and Guess what i firsty met....ofc a 220 killing mobs. Why dear FC make a instance 90-170 but keep it open for all. Makes no sense, you should know how it is in this game now.
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post

Have you seen the new merit board drop? Or, do you know which mob or bosses drop it? Some of the other new gear you can guess based on the name.

Thanks,

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Have you seen the new merit board drop? Or, do you know which mob or bosses drop it? Some of the other new gear you can guess based on the name.

Thanks,

Emma
    At the bottom of the map there is a mining area(at least I think it was, but I am not near a PC with AO on it right now) (middle) the generic non-boss mobs drop it in the facility.
    Last edited by unarmedfix; Feb 11th, 2016 at 17:59:44.
    lolSPLAT

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post

Thanks,

Emma
    Entvineds drop this, as well as the new targeting scope. They're at the abandoned mining outpost and at Port New Thera. I don't know if the pre-existing Entvineds in DAV drop them as well

Ah good. My heck-noob fixer could use that handy board, and I was about to ask if anyone had seen them yet.

Thanks
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Mrpopo, Adventurer Level 153(test)
    9% xp in gear

Bog Golem Level: 168
    You received 122102 xp.
    12489 xp was gained as a side bonus!

Bog Golem Level: 141
    You received 57022 xp.
    5832 xp was gained as a side bonus!
    Reek experience comparable to RK mission mobs approx. L168 and L141?

I am beginning to think that these non level locked areas need a "content for level less than X" stat on the mobs
    Trivial Loot Code: Flag reek PvM in the same way PvP is flagged IE: Buffing, healing and aiding characters out of level range(s) is disallowed. MMORPG trivial loot codes for those who don't know; if the mob doesn't give experience it will not drop unique items, credits, no-drop items nor update daily tasks
    Last edited by Higain; Feb 11th, 2016 at 22:06:29. Reason: TLC

I was in the Reck today with a lvl 100 keeper teamed with a 110 martial artist. We were hunting the Huzzum Iron Fist and Wisdom. The mobs there are 100ish and the boss is 120. The spawn rate seems almost instant for the surrounding mobs, the boss is fairly quick also.

We found the Wisdom quickly, the Iron fist took longer ... about an hour for us.

My real reason for posting is to say GREAT JOB MICHI & crew!! We were killing mobs around Huzzum for an hour to an hour & half. My keeper was 100 with a death-pool and all her 4's done. She went from 100 to 104 just on the xp from killing the "minions" around Huzzum in a little more than an hour ... then she went and did the Crate/Supplies Reck Daily's and turned in a Doja to level to 105. Granted having a death pool increased XP, but this was great. Being in a team made the XP per kill about half or 60% of soloing.

There is at least one other area sized for level 100's to level and many for higher toons.

Great Job!!

Oh and it seems the 200 froobs and 220's are being more polite about stealing kills at least when it is a mission mob. They may kill it once, but will team you if you ask in order to get your mission update.

The Huzzum items seem pretty good for title 4 and I really like the token board for neutrals.

I haven't checked but it seems like the tokens for Omni/Clan have been increased on the Reck Daily's, plus the guy to kill at each entrance drops token guns and tokens in addition to the new gear occasionally dropping.

Emma

Two more days of chain killing Riker and still no HUD2 drop. Is it just a terrible drop rate or do I need to have done the daily missions first? (Level 160 so I can do all the daily missions.)
    lolSPLAT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast