Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Reck

Quote Originally Posted by unarmedfix View Post
    Two more days of chain killing Riker and still no HUD2 drop. Is it just a terrible drop rate or do I need to have done the daily missions first? (Level 160 so I can do all the daily missions.)
    I believe a mobs loot inventory is generated when they spawn, so completely independent of who/what/when/how it's killed. As with anything else in AO, you may just be the victim of the Random Number Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by unarmedfix View Post
    Two more days of chain killing Riker and still no HUD2 drop. Is it just a terrible drop rate or do I need to have done the daily missions first? (Level 160 so I can do all the daily missions.)

AO's RNGs suck. Try doing it at a different time (I suggest after 8:00 am GMT). The daily server reset may help.

Why would a normal RK zone get level locked?

It's just a normal zone that was lost in time... now it's been populated with useful content and made available to zone into.

Thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Why would a normal RK zone get level locked?

It's just a normal zone that was lost in time... now it's been populated with useful content and made available to zone into.

Thanks for this

Because the content there is intended for TEAMS of lower level toons. Without a level lock it will happen the same as it happens with most of SL quests. Those with 2+ accounts will do the quests at the appropriate level but on follow and those without 2+ accounts will do it past the intended level range (if the quests themselves don't have level locks). There will be no teams. OTOH griefers will farm content for loot kill stealing mobs from those who try to do the content at the intended level.

The content should either be soloable at the intended level range with quests only available to level appropriate toons and the loot should be dropping from plenty of mobs OR team content for lower level toons MUST be in level locked area.

Can you now understand the obvious?

Don't need to be on follow, just put your toons that need the quest done at entry and let the 220 do the work, all updates since its all in same zone.

He said "will be restricted"
    They said "noooo"
    He let it open just for the ones that said "noooo" to see they were wrong
    The ones actually playing now are saying "restrict it"
    He's on another project
    Good for him - good for us !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    The exp from the level 168 Gog Golem with a level 153 player looks to be about the same as a level 180ish Ely Heck. I know my level 150 gets around 100-110k from an Ely Heck.
    Not all froobs can enter SL ...

This however,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    Solo so its nothing amazing, borgs are better purely due to more of them in PW than Golems in Reck
    is sad I guess. I would have hoped SL pocketing and RK kite service would come to a halt. I guess I hoped wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Not all froobs can enter SL ...
    I don't understand your statement. If a lvl 168 RK mob is giving about the same exp as a 180 SL mob then that's a good thing.

is sad I guess. I would have hoped SL pocketing and RK kite service would come to a halt. I guess I hoped wrong...
    There is was no way this zone was ever going to obsolete kite hill or similar areas. A level 100 for example, would have to be getting 20% xp per kill to get it remotely close.

So, I noticed the patch mentioned 25% more exp from kills for The Reck. Anyone want to test killing a 165-170 golem on their 150? =]

220s are nolonger an issue. Did dailies 4x now, my gimpy engi went 100 to 108. Just awesome. 15 minutes 2 levels + tokenz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

nvm
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 19th, 2016 at 20:02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    220s are nolonger an issue. Did dailies 4x now, my gimpy engi went 100 to 108. Just awesome. 15 minutes 2 levels + tokenz.

220's may not be an issue, but for those not playing during euro prime, having team content and no teams still is a problem.

With the current population, the (one man) dev team should be focusing on creating a robust leveling solo experience with real optional team content. it should be an easy task for a game developer to lower the level of most quest mobs to an appropriate level, change the stats on some common items, the prices in the shops and the loot table of a few bosses.

What AO doesn't need for sure is a dev spending weeks or months creating content that will be obsolete and abandoned in a few days. The new playfield, as it is now, is a complete waste of dev time. People leveling on kite hill will continue to do so because of convenience, IP optimisation and habit. The "wreck" will be just another farm on the road for twink optimization.

The new "AoE mission update" seems to be a bit unreliable - or the range is really close.
    Eg. when killing the notum tower with ranged toons did not get mission updates without clicking the manual update thingy (which could last a little bit longer also).

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    220's may not be an issue, but for those not playing during euro prime, having team content and no teams still is a problem.

With the current population, the (one man) dev team should be focusing on creating a robust leveling solo experience with real optional team content. it should be an easy task for a game developer to lower the level of most quest mobs to an appropriate level, change the stats on some common items, the prices in the shops and the loot table of a few bosses.

What AO doesn't need for sure is a dev spending weeks or months creating content that will be obsolete and abandoned in a few days. The new playfield, as it is now, is a complete waste of dev time. People leveling on kite hill will continue to do so because of convenience, IP optimisation and habit. The "wreck" will be just another farm on the road for twink optimization.
    This.

Also, the state of the game atm, why would you need a twink for?
    NW/PvP is all about you hiting a tower and get insta killed by 6 toons and BS is a joke now that most of the real pvpiers left, all you have left is a bunch of people chain farming stuff and a tiny people doing their dailies.
    And 1 man dev team clueless about a thing in this game. All this guy did was implementing genele's retarded ideas of rebalance profs (another clueless guy), nerfing profs and deleting nanos and copypaste current missions and content to other locations on the map.
    And people still thanking this guy for his "great job", whatever that job might be.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    The new "AoE mission update" seems to be a bit unreliable - or the range is really close.
    Eg. when killing the notum tower with ranged toons did not get mission updates without clicking the manual update thingy (which could last a little bit longer also).
    The AoE mission update seems to mean that if your team gets the "you did too little damage to get xp" message you still get the Mission update. However, only members of the team that are in teaming range. In my case we were melee toons, so perhaps we were closer ... but for sure the one guy that was a few levels out of teaming range had to click the beacon thing.

Emma

Edit: Apparently my comments above are not accurate. I just did the War Dog mission with my soldier (130) & doctor (108). The soldier did enough damage so that the team got the "kill". Soldier got the mission update, but the doctor did not ... she had to hit the beacon.

Does this mean no one gets update unless they actually hit/shoot the mob? Doc is clearly in teaming range of the soldier.

Or, is the AoE mission update not working?

Edit 2: My doc and soldier did the Sandstorm control tower mission, this time I had the doc also shoot the control tower, not just heal the soldier. Team did enough damage to get a little xp, but not loot rights. Neither got the mission update and they were on the ground right next to each other and the control tower. Both ranged and both had to use beacon.

Only time they got kill mission update was when soldier got loot rights for kill.

It seems that the mission update system rules are not working.
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 22nd, 2016 at 18:36:46. Reason: Mission updates not working

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    The AoE mission update seems to mean that if your team gets the "you did too little damage to get xp" message you still get the Mission update. However, only members of the team that are in teaming range. In my case we were melee toons, so perhaps we were closer ... but for sure the one guy that was a few levels out of teaming range had to click the beacon thing.

Emma

Edit: Apparently my comments above are not accurate. I just did the War Dog mission with my soldier (130) & doctor (108). The soldier did enough damage so that the team got the "kill". Soldier got the mission update, but the doctor did not ... she had to hit the beacon.

Does this mean no one gets update unless they actually hit/shoot the mob? Doc is clearly in teaming range of the soldier.

Or, is the AoE mission update not working?

Edit 2: My doc and soldier did the Sandstorm control tower mission, this time I had the doc also shoot the control tower, not just heal the soldier. Team did enough damage to get a little xp, but not loot rights. Neither got the mission update and they were on the ground right next to each other and the control tower. Both ranged and both had to use beacon.

Only time they got kill mission update was when soldier got loot rights for kill.

Works as intended, the point is that even if somebody is chain farming the mobs and OD others you can update your mission by clicking on beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    That's what I thought too. I was teamed with an Enfo in teamrange, hit the mob myself and stood real close to the Wardog - no mission update. I had to click the beacon, so the normal team update seems to not work.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by anarod View Post
    Works as intended, the point is that even if somebody is chain farming the mobs and OD others you can update your mission by clicking on beacon.
    No ... not working as intended. If melee toon can get update for standing close enough to hit the boss, but doesn't because they are in a yalm ... while a ranged toon is actually hitting and doing damage and does not get update ... that is not working as "reported" by Dev's.

AoE mission update should work for melee and ranged equally.

I put in a Bug report.

Emma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123