Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Once upon a time on internet

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Stop the trolling and flaming, and sarcasm. This thread is not about you guys, its about being professional, so please refrain from posting if you aint professional enough

I highly recommend people to study Sun Tzu, the creator of "the art of war". He was the greatest general of all time, and could train anyone to become elite soldiers.
    You can begins your study by watching art of war for dummies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMNaULHLH9c
    Props for sticking up for the underdog.

I know the post I quoted doesn't explicitly suggest you're supporting him but I know you were, and there's nothing more honourable than that - even if he's wrong, and you're wrong, there's never a valid justification for a "lets just jump all over him and curbstomp him, and someone break his leg, yea, good, and the other one too, And lets make sure his ego doesn't survive"

Usually just a bit of guidance is all that's needed, no matter how many times someone has screwed up, patience is a virtue extended by too few people, too infrequently.

I highly recommend people to study Sun Tzu, the creator of "the art of war". He was the greatest general of all time
    Shaka kaSenzangakhona > Sun Tzu imo.
    Although Sun had the advantage of being able to read and write.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Shaka kaSenzangakhona > Sun Tzu imo.
    Although Sun had the advantage of being able to read and write.
    Gengis Khan also knew what he was doing. From the standpoint of simply conquering all before him... Khan>all.

Reading and writing is/was incredibly important to preserve historical accuracy, at least historical recordings.

mcknucklesamwitch: who are you to judge whos wrong whois right? However, when it comes to conflicts, noone cares what is right what is wrong, at the end of day noone wants to be defeated.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 27th, 2016 at 13:13:56.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

whois right?
    "Right" (131/3, Female Solitus Trader, Neutral, Not in a guild) :: Offline :: More Info

mcknucklesamwitch: who are you to judge whos wrong whois right? However, when it comes to conflicts, noone cares what is right what is wrong, at the end of day noone wants to be defeated.
    IF != judgement

You go to so much effort to defend a guy, but you misread to make adversaries out of nothing? You funny bru.

Re-read my post. I'm supporting you. :rollseyes:

It may seems im defending 1 guy, but as a person im very fair. Someday if you Mcknucklesamwich are being bullied by a bunch of guys 20 vs you alone, you will see me stepping up to balance the situation and making it fair for you, aswell as anyone else that are being treated unfair. I know we are all different, and we have different opinions and sometimes people cant control themself and just join the majority without reason or understandings which can create unfair or making the situations worser than what it is.
    My point with this thread is to reminds the professionals about their duties which they have accepted, when the players voted them to guide the newbies, so one day the newbies can become professionals just like them
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 28th, 2016 at 00:08:47.

It may seems im defending 1 guy, but as a person im very fair. Someday if you Mcknucklesamwich are being bullied by a bunch of guys 20 vs you alone, you will see me stepping up to balance the situation and making it fair for you, aswell as anyone else that are being treated unfair. I know we are all different, and we have different opinions and sometimes people cant control themself and just join the majority without reason or understandings which can create unfair or making the situations worser than what it is.
    My point with this thread is to reminds the professionals about their duties which they have accepted, when the players voted them to guide the newbies, so one day the newbies can become professionals just like them.

I agree in principle and in general. Some leniency must be allowed to all players - yes, it's unfortunate that he didn't have the right nanos - no it's not the end of the world... The appropriate thing to do is to simply say, You don't have XYZ nanos? Oof, OK that's not good - do you have 8m? yes, ok I'm going to get you a better nano after this raid. In the meantime, just buff your team with RRFE ok?

Imo, 99/100 the "attitude" - attributed to said player - stems from a complete lack of respect on the raidleaders part.

Nobody freaks out because he's being treated with respect. People freak out because someone is attacking them. That's common sense.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jan 28th, 2016 at 05:29:57.

Good morning, all *gifs some coffe*.

Knowing everyone involved...

1. All of the involved are inherently good people.
    2. Some due to casual gameplay are/were poorly geared. By no means character in question was powerleveled. Guy just gimped his way to 220/30 with poor nanos.
    3. Language difference attruibuted greatly to gigantic italian rage. What do italians in rage do? They mention your mama.
    4. Leader swiftly resolved da bad attitude aka rage italiana with a temporary ban. Long enough for tempers to cool, and nanos to be bought.
    5. Main actors in this drama are making effort.

Those are present facts. If I missed any, please add.

What I would love to discuss is:

How do we treat casual players?

We at OT-RP are generally casual players, we have jobs, families, some school and some are even retired. We are joined by Love for Anarchy Online.

I play often with for example english housewife age 68. Her ability to make a dashing endgame toon is... Well isnt.

But playing with her is funny, her TL 5 fixer has a mix of 14 year worth of gear hoarding.

But then we also have young progamers, who have grown and mastered the art of AO, they look at beta symbs and they turn blue. Their NCUs are riped with nanos and sleeves full of tricks.

Soldier who is the star of this drama is somewhere inbetween. An adult casual AO player, took him years to get alphas on crat, he poured all his resources to that. Understandably His Soldier is waaaaay of average endgame AO soldier.

Also understandably raid leader was angr... Lol soldier no team reflect GTFO! And fight started.

Real question is how do we as community work with players who are not elite, know everything, have done everything...They are a hazard with their incompetence. Yet they are paying costomers, just like we are.

I feel we are all to quick to jump on people like that, from our cosy elitist armchair.

I have to constantly remind myself to be more understanding to less-elite players. Grind of AO is real and not all content is easy. As a vibrant community we should strive to take care of all playerbase, not just elite endgamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by cratertina View Post
    calm, level-headed explanation of drama.
    you're ruining this for me.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

May I just remind everyone yet again that the prat was not banned for his gear, but his (entirely inappropriate) anger & behaviour issue.

Just before more of you go off on some imaginary tangents in this discussion, it's worthwhile remembering the specifics of the incident & not your OT ramblings.
    Last edited by Aiken; Jan 28th, 2016 at 10:52:40.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

i thought he was banned because HC admins are literally Mussolini?

Agree with Mr Gimpynoob, you should lead DI Mister!

Back on topic:
    Have you guys ever taken a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooong break from AO before? Have you taken a loooooooooooong break so long that when you comes back to AO you feel like a completely NOOB? It doesnt matter how veterans or professional you are, we are all Gimp and noobs once a while. I have seen players who have played AO since 2001 that are still a gimp and noob today because they are not so hardcores that plays AO 24/7 like you guys. However, i want all of you who participated in the drama to spend some time to reflects back what you said and did to the newbies. Indeed the drama was entertaining, and i had many good laughs i admit it, but is this the community we want? This thing can happens to anyone, it can happens to me, you, your mom, if someone is obviously gimp or noob guide them to become better ))
    Yeah after some 4 years I came back, was noob until I finished setting up my hotkeys and within an hour turned into a hate tell magnet. Being good has nothing to do with being hardcore and playing 24/7, it's all about having the will to improve and some learning capacity. There's no excuse for playing since 2001 and sucking as that person is either very lazy, mentally handicapped or prefers role playing their character over exploring the game itself.

Isn't literally Mussolini litterrally ded?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    May I just remind everyone yet again that the prat was not banned for his gear, but his (entirely inappropriate) anger & behaviour issue.

Just before more of you go off on some imaginary tangents in this discussion, it's worthwhile remembering the specifics of the incident & not your OT ramblings.
    "Behaviour was the issue" says the guy who has a long history of aggressive posting, literal abuse/trolling, attempted undermining of valid arguments using character assassination, among other underhanded, disrespectful methods to further his own interests at the expense of others who, rightly, feel WRONGED.

cool story bro.

But maybe, if you think that HIS behaviour was the problem, you actually take a look at what happened PRIOR to his outburst?

Like I said before:

No one freaks out because they were treated respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    "Behaviour was the issue" says the guy who has a long history of aggressive posting, literal abuse/trolling, attempted undermining of valid arguments using character assassination, among other underhanded, disrespectful methods to further his own interests at the expense of others who, rightly, feel WRONGED.
    with all due respect, i think you're getting names confused. that's MY modus operandi!

I believe the world as we see it is only reflections of reality, and reflections is not the same as reality. This may create confusing among every living organism. I believe there are no bad persons in this world, it just that we misunderstand things which leads us to make bad decisions. Take a look around in this thread for example, we have gentleman called Gimpynoob which is not a gimp or a noob, he is actually one of the elite player in AO. We have another Elitist "Lazyfixer" Jerk, which is not a jerk compared to real jerks i have seen. We also have professionals that lacks professionalism, Good peoples doing bad things, and Bad people doing good things. How reality works is something all humans thrives to understand everyday because science cannot explain everything.

When something we participated in goes bad we tends to blame others, while in reality we all have our part in drama. All we need to do is to understand what we have done, and admit it. My fault in this drama was i poured more gas in the bonfire and made the drama more entertaining for my own enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    with all due respect, i think you're getting names confused. that's MY modus operandi!
    In one thread lately, I reported every single one of aiken's posts :/

I only reported one of your's and threatened to report more, then we became frands.

So I'm on the witch hunt for aiken now.

I feel decidedly Machiavellian after reading your post MkF.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I'm so uncultured, I don't even know what that means.

Since it's a big word, it's got to be an insult.

you and me = enemies

I feel vindicated by my solid reasoning!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast