Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once upon a time on internet

Once upon a time on internet

Once upon a time there was a Soldier, a newcomer who wanted to do s42 raid and play AO just like everyone of us. But he got flamed because his toon is not updated, people starts kicking HIM OUT OF THE RAID AND BANNED THE POOR NEW GUY OMG !!! because the new guy didnt know much about AO and his profession, cant blame the guy because AO isnt easy game for newcomers. But instead of giving a helping hand to the new guy, all the veterans geeks, some even with professional representers starts flamed the poor guy, calling him gimps, noobs etc, they are veterans but they all ganked the poor guy 1 vs 20 on the internet in AO forum.

True story bro
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

No, he didn't get banned for his gear. It was his attitude

Nobody is considered a 'new guy' at 220/30, so cut the bull.

1/10
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

idk aiken, i rate this thread a solid 5/7 for style and effort.

Even if he was kicked for his gear, which doesn't look like he was. Being removed from raids due to poor gear is commonplace in MMOs...

When i was a RL (different game) i inspected every character and if their gear wasn't on par with the raid, they weren't coming - they had to go get better gear with their org/friends first.

Wasn't he using something like level 100/150 nanos on a 220/30 sold? Therefore he's not new. Instead of crying on the forums i'd be buying a name change from embarrassment. *shrugs*
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Someone with a 220/30 toon can be a very inexperienced player in AO. A "friendly" org that drags a noob through kite hill and Inferno missions can do that. Level first and farm endgame gear later seems to be a common motto in AO. Even most veterans don't bother with equipping toons before the intended level range.

Note: Please note that I made no comment about the expulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Someone with a 220/30 toon can be a very inexperienced player in AO. A "friendly" org that drags a noob through kite hill and Inferno missions can do that. Level first and farm endgame gear later seems to be a common motto in AO. Even most veterans don't bother with equipping toons before the intended level range.Note: Please note that I made no comment about the expulsion.
    except this isnt his first 220. his crat dinged 220 a good 4 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Someone with a 220/30 toon can be a very inexperienced player in AO. A "friendly" org that drags a noob through kite hill and Inferno missions can do that. Level first and farm endgame gear later seems to be a common motto in AO. Even most veterans don't bother with equipping toons before the intended level range.

Note: Please note that I made no comment about the expulsion.
    First of all OT-RP is allways trying to teach its People how to play the "regular" Way , we dont encourage Newbies to use Kite-Hill or storm to Inferno as soon as they are 160 ... !!

When i first met him this Crat was like 215+ , helped the Guy here and there ( got him the Carlo , took him to some Raids , droped some Symbs when i saw he needed Upgrade ) sadly there was/is a slight Language-Barrier regarding spoken English so i couldnt explain verbally via Skype/Teamspeak like i ussually did.
    He aint a bad Person in my Book , he just has a stereotypical Italian Temper and missunderstands or takes things personally .

I would NEVER call him a good Player thou ... his preformance is substandard and everyone can see that with ease.
    Whoever made him Targetcaller must have been stoned so i partially blame the Raidleader on that whole Drama... ...
    Last edited by Dollcet; Jan 26th, 2016 at 11:05:34.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    name change from embarrassment. *shrugs*
    Hellcom tracks charid so namechange doesn't escape us!
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    he just has a stereotypical Italian Temper and missunderstands or takes things personally .
    whoa there, calm down with the racism, buddy. if i'm not allowed to mention the war you're not allowed to mention italian temper

I think it's a minor 4/6.2

Lets summon the counsel of Professionals, this is a matter of utmost importance. Quick my fellow piggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    I think it's a minor 4/6.2 Lets summon the counsel of Professionals, this is a matter of utmost importance. Quick my fellow piggies.
    we will hold a meeting and return with a verdict shortly

Gosh.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

There will be a pizza lunch immediately following for all attendees.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

There better be pizza this time, made by South Africans because Italians can't make pizza.
    I've got the wine et al.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Agree with Mr Gimpynoob, you should lead DI Mister!

Back on topic:
    Have you guys ever taken a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooong break from AO before? Have you taken a loooooooooooong break so long that when you comes back to AO you feel like a completely NOOB? It doesnt matter how veterans or professional you are, we are all Gimp and noobs once a while. I have seen players who have played AO since 2001 that are still a gimp and noob today because they are not so hardcores that plays AO 24/7 like you guys. However, i want all of you who participated in the drama to spend some time to reflects back what you said and did to the newbies. Indeed the drama was entertaining, and i had many good laughs i admit it, but is this the community we want? This thing can happens to anyone, it can happens to me, you, your mom, if someone is obviously gimp or noob guide them to become better ))

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Agree with Mr Gimpynoob, you should lead DI Mister!

Back on topic:
    Have you guys ever taken a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooong break from AO before? Have you taken a loooooooooooong break so long that when you comes back to AO you feel like a completely NOOB? It doesnt matter how veterans or professional you are, we are all Gimp and noobs once a while. I have seen players who have played AO since 2001 that are still a gimp and noob today because they are not so hardcores that plays AO 24/7 like you guys. However, i want all of you who participated in the drama to spend some time to reflects back what you said and did to the newbies. Indeed the drama was entertaining, and i had many good laughs i admit it, but is this the community we want? This thing can happens to anyone, it can happens to me, you, your mom, if someone is obviously gimp or noob guide them to become better ))
    Don't do raid content right when you get back from a break. Go out and kill some mobs, do some dailies and get your UI / abilities sorted out before you jump into raid content. You're not making any good points with your post.

This is treading very close to "reposting of moderated material", and also very likely to incur the same number of flaming comments. When we see the first of those, we will come by with a fire extinguisher and haul the thread off to Moderated, and any further attempts to repost it will be summarily executed.

Consider this me feeling lenient.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

zewm: you complain theres no point with my post because did i mentioned raid in that post? are you awaken? are you still sleeping? However since you are blind this thread and my point is about being professional by having the patience to guide newbies. That is the true master mentality which seems you lacks off

Stop the trolling and flaming, and sarcasm. This thread is not about you guys, its about being professional, so please refrain from posting if you aint professional enough

I highly recommend people to study Sun Tzu, the creator of "the art of war". He was the greatest general of all time, and could train anyone to become elite soldiers.
    You can begins your study by watching art of war for dummies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMNaULHLH9c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast