Thread: Ladder (Season 1)

Ladder (Season 1)

Hey guys, we're starting an unofficial ladder. The first season started a few days ago and is pretty casual and it's mainly to iron out different rules, strategize, and so on. Right now there's only an Omni org: "Ladder (Season 1)", and I don't have plans for a Clan or Neutral org. There's no companion website, achievement tracking, ladder bot, etc., for this season but that's something we're talking about for future seasons (probably no sooner than 2017). We have four real-life people on the ladder right now and 7 characters. Two level 30s, and a team of five 25s that are currently prepping for Abmouth.

Most rules are common sense but here are some specific ones:

No multiboxing, but multilogging is okay. For multilogging in active combat, I'm thinking a limit of 2 characters is reasonable.
    Veteran points are allowed, but we're not sure about this one for future seasons.
    Inspect must remain open.
    No looting of mobs that can't be easily killed by the ladder (unless you just killed it). Like a level 10 dyna boss corpse you find is fine, but Abmouth isn't and won't be even after the ladder has killed him once.
    You can join the ladder on any char <= 25, we just have to inspect your char and (roughly) verify that you're using ladder-attainable gear. Stricter for future seasons probably.
    No game-interactions with anyone not on the ladder: no teaming with, trading with, receiving buffs from, and so on. We need to iron out the details here.
    You're in the ladder if and only if you're in the "Ladder (Season 1)" org.

Feel free to discuss the rules/organization of the ladder here or get in touch with any of the following in-game if you want to participate:
    Cryptoxic
    Speculataxia
    Thunderanged
    Inveniamviam
    Corautmors
    Feistyrandal
    Nefirteti

What is the point of this?

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    What is the point of this?
    Oh yeah sorry, I'm kind of abusing the term ladder. If you're asking how specifically are characters on the ladder ranked, and when the ladder ends, we don't know that yet. This is like a beta ladder where we can try to figure that out. Just think of it like a new server (but within a server since we can't actually create a new server). If that doesn't appeal to you then I don't recommend joining the ladder.

If you don't understand the term ladder in general then see this link: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...dder-character

Ok so you are gaining points for wrecking pvm content?

Ok so you are gaining points for wrecking pvm content?
    What do you mean? We haven't established a ranking yet, so we're not currently gaining points for doing PvM content. We're also not gaining points for doing PvP content, for the same reason. But we're determining what achievements are important and how difficult or time-consuming they are, so that we can come up with a good ranking.
    Last edited by baduizm; Jan 18th, 2016 at 22:33:01.

Never heard this term before (D1 > D2) but it looks interesting. If this expands into Neut/Clan lemme know.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Good luck with it, I can't see creating further isolation in a fairly non-populated game as a good thing but have fun.

Good luck with it, I can't see creating further isolation in a fairly non-populated game as a good thing but have fun.
    Okay thanks, at least three of the people in the ladder wouldn't be playing the game at all otherwise. We end up doing some non-ladder content now too (rather than not all when not playing the game), so it's been a net-positive for non-ladder activity (and for Funcom's bank account).

I can't see discouraging players from playing in a fairly non-populated game as a good thing, even if that means playing in a separate org that only does intra-org activities.

weird.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

You have to delete your character if it dies :P

Me and my buddy does something similar to this every now and then. If I understood you correctly, 'ladder' chars would not be allowed to f.ex;

use outside tanks
    sit in kite teams
    get any items or credits transfered
    get buffs from highlvl characters (?)

Basically they'd have to be "self-reliant".

It's a really fun way to play the game imo.
    Can very much recommend others to try it, might even join in on a froob toon myself
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Sounds like WoW, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3