Thread: Omni vs Clan

Omni vs Clan

So I was online the other day and just glanced at LFT and I noticed there was about......... 65 Omni LFT for a pande raid all with "Hellcom" in the description.

Word quickly spread around and there was like 10 of my orgmates hooting and hollering about how crazy LFT was just then.

It was pretty cool, I have to say.

Props to Omni for getting such a huge community raid together like that.

I'm sorry to say, that I haven't seen something like that in a very long time clanside.

As much as I hear people complain about the iron hand of Hellcom, I guess one thing that's kinda cool is at least you got a bunch of people together.

It's not like Clan's aren't here... We are! But how many of us are there?

I kind of feel like Clans could use a sided bot that was open to everyone and we could you know, have a level 5 twink tourney, or all go have a DPS fest in APF 35 or something stupid.

Do any other clans feel a bit disconnected?

Maybe it's just my timezone...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    So I was online the other day and just glanced at LFT and I noticed there was about......... 65 Omni LFT for a pande raid all with "Hellcom" in the description.

Props to Omni for getting such a huge community raid together like that.
    Zzzzz....

I hope one day people stop taking this Fake war so seriously. I dont like the pvp-egos, and the ridiculous drama, and MOSTLY the PURE HATE that is generated by this absurd imaginary conflict. YOU PEOPLE ARE WAAAY TO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS FAKE S#IT.

Being part of hellcom community is great. theres alot of good chat in there. there is also good drama. quirky raid leaders. It has alot of history. overall its a fun experience to be a part of. I will go out and say hellcom provides some of the best experiences of AO.

Would be great if hellcom was a pvm only bot, and anyone could join. I could meet so many more people and we would all have a blast. :>

Do any other clans feel a bit disconnected?
    Disconnected and fine with it. Never have had any use for pvm bots.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Hellcom is probably what has kept me playing, i get to do raids i otherwise would have big trouble geting done, and I do them daily!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

One thing that has held true with 95%+ accuracy since 2001, at least with RK1, is that omni tend to have 1 large powerful org at a time while clans split off a bit and will have several powerful orgs. Meaning all those smaller orgs on omni side need Hellcom to get raids done, driving up participation, while a good chunk of the orgs on clan side can just do the content themselves and don't bother with raid bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    One thing that has held true with 95%+ accuracy since 2001, at least with RK1, is that omni tend to have 1 large powerful org at a time while clans split off a bit and will have several powerful orgs. Meaning all those smaller orgs on omni side need Hellcom to get raids done, driving up participation, while a good chunk of the orgs on clan side can just do the content themselves and don't bother with raid bots.
    What's a raid bot, is it like a guild ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ux...LPQj-AyMtfecAv

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

People who take the conflict too seriously during PvP are the most fun to troll. Wait until they're done ranting and then ask, 'r u a rper?'

Unless they happen to genuinely be a roleplayer, they start getting really butt-hurt about being mistaken for one. It's great.

Do any other clans players feel a bit disconnected?

Maybe it's just my timezone...
    FTFY. And it might just be your timezone, but if it is you wouldn't be the only person with that problem.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    they start getting really butt-hurt about being mistaken for one. It's great.
    They get even more butt-hurt when they die from one my last few days have been hilarious - over something as silly as BS.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    People who take the conflict too seriously during PvP are the most fun to troll. Wait until they're done ranting and then ask, 'r u a rper?'

Unless they happen to genuinely be a roleplayer, they start getting really butt-hurt about being mistaken for one. It's great.

FTFY. And it might just be your timezone, but if it is you wouldn't be the only person with that problem.
    I am US west PST and I play 8pm-midnight. AO is real quiet during that time. =-(
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Hellcom is really exciting now, Ipande, Tara Ipande, real Pande. All in morning time. Then I had to go work. All those raids were nearly full, like 30peeps.

On a Monday...

Tuesday lunchbreak... cought ipande 35 people in raid
    Last edited by Cratertina; Jan 19th, 2016 at 14:18:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch