Thread: Unable to patch/error message

Unable to patch/error message

Currently using the large client (not new beta) and todays patch does not work.
    After downloading the patch and installer produces this error message:

"Old file not found. However a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.
    Current file: "cd_image/data/shadows/750.sdw"

Any ideas?

I'm getting exactly same error with the old large client.... New beta patches fine tho

I'm using beta client and a window pops up after the patch that a file is missing or corrupted and click OK to restore the file. I do that.

Next thing that happens is the patcher comes up again and it tries to do something but then another popup window occurs and the message says:

InetConnection_c:Maintain()
    Error getting file
    '/c/Maintenance/18.8.10_EP2/...gz'
    because the requested file does not exist!

Click Retry to try again or Cancel to exist.

Retry does nothing and the cycle repeats.

Really, FC?
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

I had this error and fixed it by getting a friend to send me the 750.sdw file then placing it in that directory, then patching as normal.

Incase you don't have a friend that can send it here's a download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...02795991665631
    Just unrar it and put it in the cd_image/data/shadows/ directory, then patch like normal. Worked for me.
    Last edited by Foob; Dec 8th, 2015 at 21:06:29.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

I had the same issue. Thanks Foob.

Thanks Foob, +1 for old engine players :P
    "Do, or do not, there is no try."
    Guru, Finalizer, Eternalist, Dictator, SupremeCreator
    /wts dysfunctional family MoK, P51, CoN, SBI
    Comic Strip - BBar's Tales of the Tickle (Chap.3) ©2004

tried that also, same problem. Did not help at all. Using the large client. Contacted FC through chat. Chat was useless. Sent email to tech support, nothing yet. Contacted tech support when I came back to play after being off for several years. Couldn't load new game client, had to load from orginal cds, even though they say not too. Just installed on separate hard drive and worked fine till today. This takes all the fun out of the equation. I thought, well hell, why don't I try to download the new client EP2 and try again....got nowhere. will not even download it. Problem is on FC end. Link not correct or something. Who knows. Im too old to have another headach like this. If not fixed by tomorrow, will just end my subscription and forget FC for good. Seems its a sinking ship anyways. Disapointing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sircronos View Post
    If not fixed by tomorrow, will just end my subscription and forget FC for good. Seems its a sinking ship anyways. Disapointing to say the least.
    These growing threats of "Something broke. I'm leaving game!" are getting way too old.
    If your threats were truly sincere and this was as much of a problem as you convey, you'd already be gone.

I was going to say good riddance, but instead, I'll say gtfo
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; Dec 9th, 2015 at 17:01:53. Reason: Fixed Grammatical Error

Funcom employee

We are currently investigating a possible issue that may affect certain players' ability to update their game client.

Edit: Also, let's keep things civil here. We totally understand if folks are frustrated over not being able to update their client; there's no need to get at each other. Thanks, all!

Edit 2: For all those affected by this issue, which version were you originally updating from?
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 8th, 2015 at 22:39:53.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    I had this error and fixed it by getting a friend to send me the 750.sdw file then placing it in that directory, then patching as normal.

Incase you don't have a friend that can send it here's a download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...02795991665631
    Just unrar it and put it in the cd_image/data/shadows/ directory, then patch like normal. Worked for me.
    Lots of thanks. worked for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We are currently investigating a possible issue that may affect certain players' ability to update their game client.

Edit: Also, let's keep things civil here. We totally understand if folks are frustrated over not being able to update their client; there's no need to get at each other. Thanks, all!
    Also "thanks" to FC support personnel for "currently investigating" and other useless info instead of fixing issue.

P.S.: Even placing correct (compatible with patch) version of problematic file (like Foob did) on some official AO/FC site altogether with short instructions on solving problem works as temporary solution. Silly excuses and outbursts against players who escalate problem - doesn't...
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Edit 2: For all those affected by this issue, which version were you originally updating from?
    Got problem while updating from 18.8.9 (old-engine client) which works well 3 days ago.
    OS - Windows7 Prof Edition, 64 bit.
    Using Agnitum Outpost Security Suite 7.1 as firewall, but AO client/patcher have kinda unlimited permissions for any network activities
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by candle-645 View Post
    P.S.: Even placing correct (compatible with patch) version of problematic file (like Foob did) on some official AO/FC site altogether with short instructions on solving problem works as temporary solution. Silly excuses and outbursts against players who escalate problem - doesn't...
    Hey, we got you covered:

http://update.anarchy-online.com/dow...8.8.10/750.sdw

This is a direct link to a fresh file that should alleviate the issue. As mentioned above, simply place it into "...\Anarchy Online\cd_image\data\shadows", assuming a default installation path, and try running the updater again.

Edit: The above information should also now be on the launcher.
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 8th, 2015 at 23:19:10.
    Community Manager

I patched yesterday using the "old engine" client, windows 7 and did not have any issues. Did you figure out why some installs are having issues and not others? I have Funcom on my C:/ drive, not inside of program files.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by odonoptera View Post
    ... Edit 2: For all those affected by this issue, which version were you originally updating from?
    18.8.9._ep1

Funcom employee

Thanks, all. For now, the new 750.sdw file in the launcher should do the trick for those affected by the issue.
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 9th, 2015 at 19:21:55.
    Community Manager

The error I get is....

AnarchyPatcher

InetConnection_c::GetPatches():
    Error getting file '/c/v18.8.10_EP1/V18-8-10_EP1-V18-8-11_EP1.RTP'
    Unknown error 0 (File does not exist on server?)

Going to attempt uninstall and re-download.
    Last edited by penguin82; Feb 11th, 2016 at 05:02:31.

Patching version 18.8.10_EP2 to 18.8.11_EP2, new engine
    Patch Failed: Old File does not exist. Current file: "cd_image\data\statels\640.pf"

I downloaded and installed the 750.sdw-file to see if it had anything to do with the above described issue, but it still persisted.

Edit: I downloaded the client again, installed it over the old installation, and it seems to be working as it should now.
    Last edited by Izgimmy; Feb 13th, 2016 at 12:02:03.
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]