Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2015 (Tryptophan Overdose)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - November 2015 (Tryptophan Overdose)

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice November, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated it; I ate approximately my weight in turkey over a day or two. Anyway, let's begin!

The Reck
    As evidenced by some of the earliest of the Rubi-Ka planet maps, The Reck was an original zone, placed between Rome and Broken Shores. While it will fill this void on the planet map, however, it will be a level-locked experience. Players level 90-150 will be able to enter, and will be ejected once they reach level 161 or above.

After first looking at The Reck, it was clear that a lot of love and care had already been applied to it. It has been a treat to have such a large swath of Rubi-Ka land to freely play with. Throughout the expanse of The Reck, players will encounter many camps and outposts of varying levels of civilization. Despite being a heavily Omni-Tek controlled area at one time, The Reck has been infested by Entvined, Cyborgs, Mutants, a group of upstart mercenaries, as well as some other schools of unwanted creatures. Amidst this chaos, the Clans have secured a forward operating base in a distant corner of The Reck, while the remaining Omni-Tek forces have taken shelter in a fortified outpost near the outskirts of Rome. A large variety of missions, camps, and locations await players who enter The Reck.

This past month has been mostly working on the existing zone's world design and monster population. From the existing version of The Reck, many new places of interest and outposts were added. They've all had life breathed into them and the playfield as a whole feels vastly improved.

The goal of these final working weeks of the year is to populate the playfield with missions, and making the playfield feel even more alive and interesting.

Christmas 2015
    For Christmas this year, Santaleet, Gingerleet, and the Gift-Wrapped Leet shall all be returning. Santaleet is back in the major cities on Rubi-Ka and will as usual hand out missions to help his Elfleets, so that they once again can bring happiness to the leets and citizens of Rubi-Ka. Additionally, Rubi-Ka will be have a slight overpopulation of Antleets and Iceleets that should be dealt with.

This holiday season we will be offering a new set of subscription offers, for 3, 6, and 12 months, alongside a new set of armor. These kinds of Subscription offers will be exclusive to holidays/New Years (December/January), and the AO Anniversary (June/July), so feel free to take advantage of this offer while you can. The Christmas Nophex 3D Printers will also be made available within the shop, if you missed some of those social items from last year.

As Christmas gets closer, I'll post up something in this forum with all the important details.

Thank You
    Another year is almost over. While it is a bit early to start declaring what's coming for 2016 and New Year's Resolutions, it is safe to assume that The Reck will be how the year will start. For me, personally, I will be working on being more accessible and having a larger presence where possible.

I mentioned it briefly in another thread, but I have been woefully behind on answering Private Messages, which is something I will have to start making more time for. Despite there being a staggering amount of issues to tend to, allowing community work to lapse is not acceptible and something I hope to improve. I also plan to make an ass out of myself on Twitch while running around AO (www.twitch.tv/funcom) that'll be a thing at some point.

Thank you everyone and I hope you have a great December! Santaleets are coming.
    Last edited by Michizure; Dec 2nd, 2015 at 20:10:47.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Question

Any idea if the "armor" set can also be bought via ingame market . Or is it useful for higher level toons..beside really really really low low twinks only ?
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Nov 30th, 2015 at 22:12:01.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post

This holiday season we will be offering a new set of subscription offers, for 3, 6, and 12 months, alongside a new set of armor. These kinds of Subscription offers will be exclusive to holidays/New Years (December/January), and the AO Anniversary (June/July), so feel free to take advantage of this offer while you can. The Christmas Nophex 3D Printers will also be made available within the shop, if you missed some of those social items from last year.

As Christmas gets closer, I'll post up something in this forum with all the important details.
    Awesome ! I'm waiting for this from June. Need to pay 12 months for 2 accounts and I strongly suggest everyone to do so. This is awesome offer and ty for bringing it back for X-mas !

Awesome job also. Keep up the good work. This game feels more refreshed than ever now and I really see more and more people online and playing it !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Oh, first page. Hurrah!

Edit: Well, if you're going to put level locks on zones, why not lock the zones that have tower sites to the max level of the tower site *1.25 or whatever the highest level able to attack a tower placed there?

Granted, that's a bit of a can of worms, but you started it!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 1st, 2015 at 02:07:39. Reason: obscenities

exciting, hope you have time for some rebalance soon on top of evrything else, game is difficult in pvp atm.

I can only hope You can take a closer look at Neutrals
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

"This holiday season we will be offering a new set of subscription offers, for 3, 6, and 12 months, alongside a new set of armor. These kinds of Subscription offers will be exclusive to holidays/New Years (December/January), and the AO Anniversary (June/July), so feel free to take advantage of this offer while you can"
    - guess that counts me out as my sub expires 3rd December; to resub or not to resub?

I guess I'll have to change my sub to a 1 month before resubbing when the offers come out
    Keep up the good work Michi.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I will change my sub, if the offer is good
    But i dont pay for more than a year - the chance that Funcom goes bankrupt in december 2016 is me to high.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Is there any chance of seeing some adjustments to Gauntlet availability within Q1 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I can only hope You can take a closer look at Neutrals
    Bump Awikun too "/cough neutral board" ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Any plans of maybe nerfing agents a little bit? I mean perking people throught Dof + Limber + ES feel somewhat unbalanced...

Ahaha, looking forward to the Michi Let's Play

About The Reck being effectively one big instance with level locks á la S10... hm. I have to say I'm not so keen on the idea. I suppose it's to prevent 220s from rocking up and owning the place, depriving legit TL4s of their PF and mobs, but wouldn't that rush mostly be over witin a few weeks of release anyway? And it's not like you can't pew Cyborgs and Entvined and so on in other zones as well - what makes the ones in The Reck so special aside from their level range?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Dudidamage View Post
    Any plans of maybe nerfing agents a little bit? I mean perking people throught Dof + Limber + ES feel somewhat unbalanced...
    Was also hoping to hear more about agent/other bug fix instead of some low level playfield and rubbish Christmas loot...

I perfectly understand that at around level 150 or just before people would stop playing because after ely hecks is erm, nothing interesting... And to keep them interested you make this - The Reck. But why make new, possibly broken things instead of fixing some small broken things, for example bugs in Pyramid. Or wait, I forgot it's always like this, we make something/somewhat working and lets move to new idea, but we might get back at this in several years time.

How I feel in AO right now? Remember the feeling when you watched "Back to the Future" back in 1985-1990? Things looked awesome. Now not so much, some of the ideas in the movie are absurd. So as AO right now, it's suppose to be future game and we have to use almost bird delivering post system.
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudidamage View Post
    word, should go back to old changes on agents.. perk dmg+ how easy they land is absurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    word, should go back to old changes on agents.. perk dmg+ how easy they land is absurb.
    just delete agent from the game. The first time in decade an agent can actually be viable and I expect this as much. Will be nerfed back to total trash in no time while other things in game will stay the same and OP for many more years.... I don't comment on agents much anymore because anything they get that makes them good or the least bit playable will be taken from them like candy from a baby....

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    just delete agent from the game. The first time in decade an agent can actually be viable and I expect this as much. Will be nerfed back to total trash in no time while other things in game will stay the same and OP for many more years.... I don't comment on agents much anymore because anything they get that makes them good or the least bit playable will be taken from them like candy from a baby....
    agent never been trash..
    you ned to stop be apart of whats ruining the game, vote for the op stuff to remain becose you have an agent.
    i do also have an agent, its my 2nd most playd profession, but i never ever vote for something unbalanced to remain to satisfy my epen.

Quote Originally Posted by robjl View Post
    "This holiday season we will be offering a new set of subscription offers, for 3, 6, and 12 months, alongside a new set of armor. These kinds of Subscription offers will be exclusive to holidays/New Years (December/January), and the AO Anniversary (June/July), so feel free to take advantage of this offer while you can"
    - guess that counts me out as my sub expires 3rd December; to resub or not to resub?
    This ....

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I guess I'll have to change my sub to a 1 month before resubbing when the offers come out
    Keep up the good work Michi.
    Also, be careful not to let your subs auto-renew ... you will also miss the offers ... they only work on a manual renewal.

... and bump for neutrals.

Emma

agent never been trash..
    you ned to stop be apart of whats ruining the game, vote for the op stuff to remain becose you have an agent.
    i do also have an agent, its my 2nd most playd profession, but i never ever vote for something unbalanced to remain to satisfy my epen.
    You can't possibly be trying to convince us that Agents were both good/decent at endgame AND got boosts they didn't need for no reason.
    Was the boost to perks too big? Yes, due to the extra AAO given to agents and Pyramid gear it got a little crazy.
    Should they go back to rifle check + 100% dodge? Hell no Agents don't have the AR of 2HE Keeps/Solds/Enfs nor the bulk/def to reliably use debuffs to make them land besides on doc/sold/engis. I'm looking at this as a mostly evade prof user.
    Trust me none of the current/old Agents want to go back to 2-6 sec perks and 100-120% dodge checks.

AR check + 115% dodge check (110% if ABoC/Concentration is nerfed) or Rifle check + 70% dodge check both should work. I still want AAO check for non-rifle Agents but I wont cry if changed to rifle check.
    Example: Using my shade it has 2243 dodge range without ABoC, 2305*1.15=336.45 + 224 from 90-100% = 560 evade gain before DoF which is another 200 if its up so 760. Could get more evades in setup but Def Shades hardly work.
    2243+800*1.15 + 1243 AAD = 4742.5 total evades instead of 3.9kish atm. Not bad considering shades have the worst dodge of all profs with Dof/Limber.

If perks are changed I would also make Snipe Shot 1 and Shadow Bullet 1 sec cast time maybe even 1.5 sec to slow down their alpha if they use those perks. Also increase the dodge check on Shadow Bullet so it can actually be evaded.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Dec 1st, 2015 at 18:43:20.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast