Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lol agent perks STILL not reverted back to rifle vs dodge after new boc?

lol agent perks STILL not reverted back to rifle vs dodge after new boc?

they would still be OP even with rifle vs dodge perks.

ALL other SL damage perks check skill vs dodge/evade/duck/nr.

For some reason agent and keeper SL perks have been converted to AI level perks where they check attack ratiing vs dodge which means they now idk.. break the game? i left a while ago due to the new agent changes giving them capability to perk crats in cib selfed but i come back on the free month to see more items which turn them even more insane.

They need to be put back to rifle vs dodge or changed to attack rating vs total defence rating to maybe take the edge off. thanks, still love AO x.

also maybe make agent perk have a 25% recharge timer if they miss so agents missing perks isnt such a big deal not like that happens anymore with NCU change viewer
    anyway but could help them alongside being reverted back to rifle vs dodge.

I think you posted a similar thread during the summer on how you get perked through CiB.
    Can you post the equip you're using?

To re-run some quick numbers, crat should be near 2k AAD and 1.9k dodge, so with CiB that's ~3k AAD. Adding the dodge at 90% gives another 1.7k, requiring 4.7k AR.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    I think you posted a similar thread during the summer on how you get perked through CiB.
    Can you post the equip you're using?

To re-run some quick numbers, crat should be near 2k AAD and 1.9k dodge, so with CiB that's ~3k AAD. Adding the dodge at 90% gives another 1.7k, requiring 4.7k AR.
    CiB or not does not make any difference. Simply because its not possible to keep it up all the time and until defperk is active all dmgperks are queued up easily and 4k (def+evades) is not a challenge for any 220 agent.
    Agent can even perk through overrule if he equips some more AR in his setup. And even if I am lucky and got cib or dtb up (and the agent is stupid enough not to check my ncu) its impossible to kill him in time because of his rrfe, ~26k hp, ch, break out-stuff whatever. He will simply kite and AS me to death. The 10% perk shadowbullet will land anyway ... nearly capped and through CiB.

Actually its pretty worthless with any prof relying on def and evades to stand vs agent.

Guess u can stop fighting like a tiger for your agent, everyone know he is overtuned. Even agents see this and know they need a nerf, except you ;D

If there's a nerf, it should be based on (and fix) real things. Most good ideas are being drowned by people worried their side of the argument will lose.
    As examples, OP said he perked by agent/keep through CiB. Tsun/Quack say Agents one-button MAs/perk through dof+CiB. Some guy said Agent perks don't have def checks.
    Questioning that is legitimate. I don't stop by forums often, so anyone can feel free to help debunk stuff.

In the other thread you replied to, I said "•Crat gets rolled without def perks up. That's one matchup which is broken because their perk CDs aren't short enough to cycle." I not be as good as you on one, but I'm definitely aware of their problems against agents.

I love my agent.
    But that agent perks changed from rifle check to attakrate is very wrong.
    Agent never realy had a evade issue due to strong aimshots and high crit chanse, and now we have the full package where we can perk any adv in dof without debuffing, same vs ma.
    Evades simply dont matter anymore vs the 20-30k pure perk dmg alpha agent can deal.

Agents would been perfectly fine if they changed back to rifle check, our toolset is rather outstanding beside from the lame attackrate on all our perks.

My crat is 220/30
    Nanomage and in
    ofab back, full css minus ofab gloves
    full alphas minus ql 300 imps
    acdc two xan pistols escape module everything basically.
    *scope* which is the only thing possible that can be changed on the crat to give more defence rating. that and towers.
    The ability to control carlo under take the bullet may help crats while attack ratings are so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    I love my agent.
    Evades simply dont matter anymore vs the 20-30k pure perk dmg alpha agent can deal.
    I don't see any 20/30k pure perk dmg alpha possible, within 4.5 sec it s possible to do 18kish and that s the most DPS perk dmg available. Adding more perk to this drop the DPS and it s hard to qualify it as an "alpha", high dmg yes for sure but eh. Even if you drop all and I mean all your perks at an engy within 20ish seconds, it won't die thru coon and other def tool engy has, so is it that broken ?

I think there are just a few professions which have a strong weakness against agent, like we said, crat.

Beside, these days, it is hard to say aginst who agent are really OP because BS is filled with noobish or poorly equipped toon, and if you wanna survive agent you gotta pull all the defensive trick in the book.

In a pvper environnment, I m not sure that it s as OP as thought out. Weakness of crat tells more about crat general issue than it tells about agents. There is a thread about it in crat forums, check it.

Personnaly, I think high perk AR is a nice gameplay design. If it ends up being too OP, maybe balance out other things around it ? Like a moderate dmg nerf on the perk themselves, or whatever. Something else than nerfing the perk AR.
    Last edited by Djiax; Nov 15th, 2015 at 16:46:52.

it's not just crat

you can kill anything that relies on active mitigation (aka having to pop something to defend) and low-ish hp without them having a chance to fight back.

Since your trying to defend Agents and saying others should change around them, let me point out that there are agents at lvl 170 that in FP enfo have 2.2-2.6K AR roughly 15-20K HP and an alpha that can down 90% of profs in seconds, exception made to maybe Engi's/keep/enfo due to high HP and no def perks other then coon to fire off, Agents are OP across the board and there is no denying that
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

agents destroying pvp atm

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    agents destroying pvp atm
    Agree.

Even before they got changed, I've seen very good agents anyway. They were always fun to play with because roughly kill ratio would have been equal if I was on shade. If I was on any other prof that I do pvp with, engi/nt/fixer/sold they would win 1v1 most of the time.

Someone made a comment about reverting back agents in other post and compared like this: If agents were changed back it would be the same as taking candy away from a child. In my opinion if things has to be balanced and agents get to keep their candy, then give candy to everybody else? Else I don't give a ****, take the candy away!
    Just finished setting up prefs and client crashed.

even pre balance my agent had a easy job of insta ganking players, could take about 40k dmg alpha in 3 seconds with swap.
    now after i removedmy swap becose they made us so redicules overpowerd.

Yeah I mean what happened to PE swaps and M150 ganks, that was so much more skillfull than binding everything to one button and pressing it as hard as u can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Yeah I mean what happened to PE swaps and M150 ganks, that was so much more skillfull than binding everything to one button and pressing it as hard as u can.
    I used my 220 agent for PE swap ganks, and I didn't saw any skills you need to do that tbh.

But I do completely agree with others saying agents are totally OP atm. My fixer is endgame, and I'm getting alphaed to instant death by agents that don't even MR for that and even without PE swap.
    Pure nonsense to me. Profession with highest static defence is getting perked like doctors.
    NTs were supposed to be our nemesis, but now seems agents are.
    I have a chance to meep (if nothing else helps) when fighting NT at least
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

I have a 170 agent and I must say the way agents are now is absolutly retarded and very OP, I can kill pretty much everyone in bs I even kill evaders with dof up and this shouldn't be possible.. and if my alpha is down I can just kite with AS til I kill them. checks on perk are just wrong. on the other hand I see opentrade complain about keepers to, keepers got nowhere near as much dmg as an agent and they can't kill most even if their perks land, but I suppose we always will have whiners who arent looking for game balance but for the prof they play just to become godmode..

It's as bad or maybe worse than 1he/1hb enfs used to be. Now there is just as much damage if not more than 1hb/1he sploit alpha, but now it comes from a tiny character who appears from sneak with 40m range and has way way way way way more AR coupled with 11s instead of 40s capping special (and critting fling and reg hit and proc damage mixed in). Throw in the diverse situational capabilities that FP's provide such as TMS, NS2, CH, plus all the buffs that an agent can self and it makes agents extremely strong against every other profession. Agents can easily kill a large number of professions in 3-4 seconds while their target is stunned.

Agents are dropping people as fast as shades used 10 years ago. Back then 40% HP caps were in play and 10-12k hp was a lot of hp for my engineer at the time. Shades could kill people in 3-4 seconds but there were some extra challenges for shades back then compared to agents now. Shades are melee and had to get close to opponents with the 1800-1900 conceal they had back then as well as 1800ish runspeed (ob's were often required), perks required you to be behind the target, perks were in a chain (break the chain, break the alpha), shades were practically required to perk Mongo Rage (slowing down alphas/telegraphing alphas/losing good moments to attack/slowing down your escape). There was no key binding back then nor was there the ability to see into peoples NCU.

Agents literally can hit 1 button and alpha sub 20k hp's from 40m away with the element of surprise, even alphaing high evade profs without MR. Anyone with more than 20k can be held in place with snare perks and other CC and the agent can finish his full 14s of perks, capped aimed shots, critical fling shots, a critical reg hit or two, and some extra proc damage. With my doc's hp that would be around 50k-60k damage coming from the agent. On an enforcer It would probably be closer to 70k damage in about 14s.

I think it's funny that FC finally acknowledged enforcer 1hb/1he sploit alphas and Mongo Rage by addressing them, and then gives agents all the capabilities and more of a Mongo Rage'ing 1hb/1he sploit alpha that takes even less effort to execute. It wasn't fun then and it's even less fun now.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Dec 9th, 2015 at 00:42:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    It's as bad or maybe worse than 1he/1hb enfs used to be. Now there is just as much damage if not more than 1hb/1he sploit alpha, but now it comes from a tiny character who appears from sneak with 40m range and has way way way way way more AR coupled with 11s instead of 40s capping special (and critting fling and reg hit and proc damage mixed in). Throw in the diverse situational capabilities that FP's provide such as TMS, NS2, CH, plus all the buffs that an agent can self and it makes agents extremely strong against every other profession. Agents can easily kill a large number of professions in 3-4 seconds while their target is stunned.

Agents are dropping people as fast as shades used 10 years ago. Back then 40% HP caps were in play and 10-12k hp was a lot of hp for my engineer at the time. Shades could kill people in 3-4 seconds but there were some extra challenges for shades back then compared to agents now. Shades are melee and had to get close to opponents with the 1800-1900 conceal they had back then as well as 1800ish runspeed (ob's were often required), perks required you to be behind the target, perks were in a chain (break the chain, break the alpha), shades were practically required to perk Mongo Rage (slowing down alphas/telegraphing alphas/losing good moments to attack/slowing down your escape). There was no key binding back then nor was there the ability to see into peoples NCU.

Agents literally can hit 1 button and alpha sub 20k hp's from 40m away with the element of surprise, even alphaing high evade profs without MR. Anyone with more than 20k can be held in place with snare perks and other CC and the agent can finish his full 14s of perks, capped aimed shots, critical fling shots, a critical reg hit or two, and some extra proc damage. With my doc's hp that would be around 50k-60k damage coming from the agent. On an enforcer It would probably be closer to 70k damage in about 14s.

I think it's funny that FC finally acknowledged enforcer 1hb/1he sploit alphas and Mongo Rage by addressing them, and then gives agents all the capabilities and more of a Mongo Rage'ing 1hb/1he sploit alpha that takes even less effort to execute. It wasn't fun then and it's even less fun now.
    I totally support ya on this one and I fail to see why Funcom needs a month to fix that.
    I'm clearly sure that it takes no longer than 5 mins to change checks on some perks of an agent and pop minor update on a server.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    I totally support ya on this one and I fail to see why Funcom needs a month to fix that.
    I'm clearly sure that it takes no longer than 5 mins to change checks on some perks of an agent and pop minor update on a server.
    the same issue was with the old DM nuke for nt's where it capped 30% on monsters bugg, they used like 2 mounths or so to disable the damn DM from live servers, wich should been done the first second they got to know about it.
    when they let such happen they surly help us destroy the game, becose i rember so many left becose they got pissed of about the dm sploit.
    now agent has no sploits on their perks, but they are stupid redicules, they have so much dmg, fast execution+land like alien perks.

real honest i want my agent to work exactly like he used to before pre balance perkwise, and keep the other changes like the new way heals works+escape nanos, its good tools alone and dont ned more.

WTF nerf em already. Friend let me play his 200 agent on his computer (12,4k hp) and got dropped instantly by 200 agent. No way I could fight back with even twinked 200 agent (no full research though). Same with 220 range, enfos 50k hp gone in few seconds. This will be on my cancellation message and I advice you to do the same. Takes the fun out of pvp when really nothing you could do to fight back...

They will not hurry fixing this until it starts affecting their bottom line.
    Last edited by Spirulina; Dec 31st, 2015 at 15:34:56.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast