Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NT Balance suggestions - What do you guys want?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Imagine self-refreshing team layers.. oooooh wannabe keeper, but i would like that
    That's a quick and totally random thought, but things along those lines are what I would be after to address teamability.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Teamability in this game often ends up centered about very visible things that have a strong impact on a team. Init debuffs, damage buffs, reflect shields.. that sort of stuff.

A high-cooldown, low duration team HIGH reflect shield based on our Nullity Sphere would likely be a bit too much to ask for.. but would fit in our toolset and possibly save a wipe on some situations. Would have to stack with Soldier's reflect buffs though..
    Self-refreshing team layers is also a good call but might interfere with enforcers that use their own layers to mitigate damage.. other than that I love it.

Debuff-wise our blinds and/or range debuffs could use a touch up, too. Nothing too OP but something that would make a team want us in there other than flat out DD would be cool.

Ideas are awesome to brainstorm with, let's keep 'em coming.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

A really heavy -aao debuff that's short (like 2-3secs) and requires a regular blind to be running (or something else), should be heavy nuff to offset mongo rage, also -aao in pvm lowers the damage of mobs quite a bit, perhaps a longer duration or shorter lockout for pvm depending on how it's done.

Yeah ideas are flowing, with a little luck perhaps i'll pop a good one soon
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    A high-cooldown, low duration team HIGH reflect shield based on our Nullity Sphere would likely be a bit too much to ask for.. but would fit in our toolset and possibly save a wipe on some situations. Would have to stack with Soldier's reflect buffs though..
    What would really be unique and interesting could be a team shield based on aegis rather ? a team short shield, very situationnal. 15 sec ? conversion rate relativly soft. NT would have to look after his doc to fill back up nano.

Good idea, Id give aegis a team aura role like 2k absorb every 30 seconds...

Something to help da team, NT greatly lacks supportive role.. And why is highest damage achived by a setup that excludes 3000MC? strange really, wtb fix for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Ok fine... I'll bite on the team reflecty thing.

Here goes...

Nanobot Bubble Shielding

Useful in times of great danger, this nanoformula mobilizes all of your nanobots to stop incoming attacks to your teammates within an 8 meter radius. Due to the nature of this shielding, however, the Nano Technician will be have difficulty moving. This nanoformula will also reduce your nano energy reserves to almost nothing during and after the shielding effect ends, as your nanobots will need to recuperate from their frantic exertions.

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Basically, a team emergency defensive thingy if you're within 8 meters of the NT. I could see this being handy in quite a few spots, but I think the NT should be punished for using something like this. In this case, sapping nano and blocking nullity sphere for a while. However, it should make a giant shiny bubble because that would look awesome. AoE... check, teamability... check.

I dunno... I still want better SL nukes instead :S
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Ok fine... I'll bite on the team reflecty thing.

Here goes...

Nanobot Bubble Shielding

Useful in times of great danger, this nanoformula mobilizes all of your nanobots to stop incoming attacks to your teammates within an 8 meter radius. Due to the nature of this shielding, however, the Nano Technician will be have difficulty moving. This nanoformula will also reduce your nano energy reserves to almost nothing during and after the shielding effect ends, as your nanobots will need to recuperate from their frantic exertions.

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Basically, a team emergency defensive thingy if you're within 8 meters of the NT. I could see this being handy in quite a few spots, but I think the NT should be punished for using something like this. In this case, sapping nano and blocking nullity sphere for a while. However, it should make a giant shiny bubble because that would look awesome. AoE... check, teamability... check.

I dunno... I still want better SL nukes instead :S
    Priority right now should be getting our DPM where it belongs for a relatively low defense class (we can't exactly solo Mitaar...), and fixing our many lower level issues.
    The new stuff is welcome and something I'd love to have but it has to come second to the whole "make the profession fun and viable at every level range" thing.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Priority right now should be getting our DPM where it belongs for a relatively low defense class (we can't exactly solo Mitaar...), and fixing our many lower level issues.
    The new stuff is welcome and something I'd love to have but it has to come second to the whole "make the profession fun and viable at every level range" thing.
    Agreed.

However, daydreaming about how good NT's could be has sort of become my hobby. :P
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Still need some better AoE nukes option… Been farming tokens gunz for new 5k board and surprisingly… The best option was still Volcanic Erruption :P

So something like VE, insta, but like, 50% to 100% more damage ? 20 meters AoE range…

And don't just put 20 meters range on Masta and call it done… the +dmg plays in favor of VE rather than Masta's slow casting...

I haven't really decided how I want to approach AoE's yet. Right now, my best solution is do nothing. Messing them up would really piss people off, but making them too good could be just as bad.

I'm open to suggestions for sure, but was thinking along the lines of big slow damage. Maybe in the same line as Garuk's would make sense. *shrugs*
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I dunno exactly what s in the work for lowbie NT, but as far as I know it is still the best to use weapons untill 200+ (I d guess still 215 ? That's when Garuk is opened for NT right ?) if you want some sort of dmg while PvM leveling. In that aspect, such a NT would focus on +dmg gear. And AoE nuking, given it s a fast nuke, would make a better use of the +dmg rather than a slow AoE nuke. Same for candycane setup.

Beside, fast AoE nuke are more fun to use than a slow one like Masta. Back in time, VE was also always more fun than Kel's Neutrinum.

Why did you think specifically about a slow nuke Vink ?

I think AoE's should compliment our single target stuff.

Use Kel's as example. It's nearly the same damage as VE, but with an agonizingly long recharge. If the recharge was set to 1 second, but it was instead on a line cooldown for a few seconds, damage and kiting doesn't really change at all. However, it frees up the NT to cast other things, instead of looking like a psychotic donut factory. Add in some scaling MC values, and then they actually make sense to use over Garuk's in a situation when the Enf has 4+ mobs on him. It essentially makes AoEs more of a special, as they should be.

That's my thinking at the moment.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

psychotic donut factory.
    This has potential.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

This has potential.
    Made myself lol when i wrote that line... xD
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Lol, but for sure give em local cooldowns... So you pop meganuke, then grauk, then absorb, then blind, then whoohoo another meganuke... Emphasis on mega 2k aoe is not impressing anyone at 220...

Also nukes that do not instacast with high nano init..

If at all casting times are caped. Make caps 0.5 s, not 2.5 s, whenever I cast a SL nuke or DOT i feel like fun is slipping away from my hands...
    Last edited by Cratertina; Nov 4th, 2015 at 18:38:08.

If an AoE had the capability to hit in a damage range anywhere near Masta's and it was insta-cast, it would almost certainly have to share lines with Garuk's.

Otherwise, it would be disgustingly OP.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I think AoE's should compliment our single target stuff.

Use Kel's as example. It's nearly the same damage as VE, but with an agonizingly long recharge. If the recharge was set to 1 second, but it was instead on a line cooldown for a few seconds, damage and kiting doesn't really change at all. However, it frees up the NT to cast other things, instead of looking like a psychotic donut factory. Add in some scaling MC values, and then they actually make sense to use over Garuk's in a situation when the Enf has 4+ mobs on him. It essentially makes AoEs more of a special, as they should be.

That's my thinking at the moment.
    This would be really welcome; you've said it yourself before, it tends to be that AOEs outdamage even single-target nukes purely because of how insanely fast they are. AOEs should be a prime part of NT toolsets but it shouldn't be the most efficient way to do combat all the way through the lower levels, regardless of the number of mobs you face. Treating all the AOEs like a spread-out version of Garuk's, scaled properly, would be excellent.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    This would be really welcome; you've said it yourself before, it tends to be that AOEs outdamage even single-target nukes purely because of how insanely fast they are. AOEs should be a prime part of NT toolsets but it shouldn't be the most efficient way to do combat all the way through the lower levels, regardless of the number of mobs you face. Treating all the AOEs like a spread-out version of Garuk's, scaled properly, would be excellent.
    That's what I'm getting at, pretty much.

This doesn't really hurt Kite hill either, and as stupid as this sounds, it absolutely 100% has to be kept in mind for any NT AoE changes.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

+1 why is VE superior to all single target nukes for a very long time? NT atleast needs a nuke that does 2000 damage on single target. Every 1.5 seconds when 836MC is reached... And simularly for all low level nukes... Pretty much total rework is needed. For all non AoE RK, SL nukes... Such Rework was promised in rebalance but failed to happen. All we got was Gruk nerf.

But not that everything is bad, NT has had many good changes recently... Only problem now really are nukes. But that is like saying... Only problem with enfo is poor taunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    But not that everything is bad, NT has had many good changes recently... Only problem now really are nukes. But that is like saying... Only problem with enfo is poor taunts.
    What you're saying is, the only thing wrong is everything that's important, which I 100% agree with... :S

Every nuke we have sucks in one way or another. Garuk's is closest to perfect, but the line cooldown is still 1 second too long. =/
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast