Thread: Bad Halloween Patch?

Unhappy Bad Halloween Patch?

Has anyone else been having trouble ever since the patch on today for Halloween? I was online briefly before the servers went down, and everything was running smooth.
    Ran the patch after the update, and when it was done, all of a sudden running it says that it can no longer find the file. Says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Yet thats with both old or new clients, and even downloading and reinstalling, it after initially running the client and updating the ltest patch, that happens all over again. Even when it says my pc needs a reboot to finish the install. So, for all intents right now I am locked out of AO, because it will not run what so ever. Frustrating, that. Especially if when I do get it going again, it means that I must totally wipe all my prefs and start over from scratch.

Any suggestions folks would be greatly appreciated!

That sounds like anti-virus is zapping something.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Perhaps so. Though when it does that, it usually gives me some sort of alert saying it has. But a good thought.. next time I'll try disabling it for 10 mins while I launch the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
    Even when it says my pc needs a reboot to finish the install. So, for all intents right now I am locked out of AO, because it will not run what so ever. Frustrating, that. Especially if when I do get it going again, it means that I must totally wipe all my prefs and start over from scratch.

Any suggestions folks would be greatly appreciated!
    Not sure about your patching issue, but check this thread if you want to see where your AO preferences are located, so you can backup the folder in case of total reinstall on your machine (or any other machine for that matter). I don't think they would be affected by the patching process of the client itself.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...31#post6223431

Good luck!