Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    A very valid point, sorry for not considering that population of players. I'll update the entrance to see if you've completed 'Shut Down the Terminal' or the Legacy of the Xan questline (specifically, completing the quest that was tied to completing the 12m instance).
    I would honestly say there's less people who have completed the Xan questline as there has been people who have completed 'Shut Down the Terminal'.
    Perhaps that's personal, in the fact that it's easier for me to complete SDtT vs Arid/Neretva+instances, and I can honestly say I've yet to even finish Neretva on more than 2 of my 9 220s.
    At least SDtT is an easy enough barrier to entry by comparison.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ok I'm confused.

The test live patch notes said:

"To access the Pyramid of Home, enter the large door behind Number Nine within the Temple of Home in Broken Shores. To enter the Temple of Home, you will have to either defeat The Beast, or have previously completed Ergo's Inferno quest; the entrance from Broken Shores can now be used."

I thought the remedy to pre Ergo quest line players was listed in that statement above. Defeat The Beast OR have completed the quest line. Why would you need to add the Xan quest line as an acceptable condition? So, is just defeating/killing The Beast not acceptable or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    Ok I'm confused.

The test live patch notes said:

"To access the Pyramid of Home, enter the large door behind Number Nine within the Temple of Home in Broken Shores. To enter the Temple of Home, you will have to either defeat The Beast, or have previously completed Ergo's Inferno quest; the entrance from Broken Shores can now be used."

I thought the remedy to pre Ergo quest line players was listed in that statement above. Defeat The Beast OR have completed the quest line. Why would you need to add the Xan quest line as an acceptable condition? So, is just defeating/killing The Beast not acceptable or is it?
    As in, you can either have perma-access from Broken Shores if you had completed the Guarding the Source questline, or via killing Beast to get into the chamber and assembling. Now, you'll have access via Broken Shores if you have completed Arid+Neretva => Vortexx+Mitaar => 12 Man as well.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    As in, you can either have perma-access from Broken Shores if you had completed the Guarding the Source questline, or via killing Beast to get into the chamber and assembling. Now, you'll have access via Broken Shores if you have completed Arid+Neretva => Vortexx+Mitaar => 12 Man as well.
    I understand that part. His response to CAS made it sound like this was a work around for those who did not get access to the Ergo quest. But if killing The Beast was all you need to have done then adding in the Xan stuff was irrelevant. I.E. "Hey, what about all the players that got their star doing raids before the Ergo quest line? Well that doesn't matter because you killed The Beast and you have access. OK"

I guess it made me feel like there was an error in his test live notes and just killing The Beast wasn't requirement enough.

Funcom employee

I understand that part. His response to CAS made it sound like this was a work around for those who did not get access to the Ergo quest. But if killing The Beast was all you need to have done then adding in the Xan stuff was irrelevant. I.E. "Hey, what about all the players that got their star doing raids before the Ergo quest line? Well that doesn't matter because you killed The Beast and you have access. OK"

I guess it made me feel like there was an error in his test live notes and just killing The Beast wasn't requirement enough.
    Sorry for the confusion!

In order to enter the Temple of Home from Broken Shores, you need to have either completed the 'Guarding the Source' questline or the Legacy of the Xan questline that ends with The Xan.

Killing The Beast will get you into the Temple of Home, but that isn't a permanent solution, as a death will kick you out.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

A very valid point, sorry for not considering that population of players. I'll update the entrance to see if you've completed 'Shut Down the Terminal' or the Legacy of the Xan questline (specifically, completing the quest that was tied to completing the 12m instance).
    Perhaps having the prof star, or upgraded nano deck could work like a "key"?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'd say it's fair enough to need an access quest at first, as much as I generally dislike (and often have skipped) those.
    Phasing it out eventually is the way things usually play out, so that alts and lazy 220's get their way too.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

We have some upcoming special announcements/offers that'll arrive at the same time, which we'll be sharing info on soon.
    i will resub all 8 accounts if it includes luxery armor.
    looking forward to what is in it.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion.
    I should have stated it a bit clearer like Michizure did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Yeah, sorry for the confusion.
    I should have stated it a bit clearer like Michizure did.
    No big

I wasn't differentiating between permanent access to the pyramid and using The Beast warp to access the pyramid. Now I see and understand.

Thanks
    Last edited by strohkirchw; Oct 22nd, 2015 at 20:31:13.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Perhaps having the prof star, or upgraded nano deck could work like a "key"?
    It wouldn't be hard to add a 'Wearing Nanodeck' to the door...doing such would sort of invalidate the other requirements in most cases, but that may not be a terrible thing.

If I were to ever make something that'd beacon players to the Temple of Home, it would have stricter requirements, though. Hmmm...

Edit: Yeah, I'll just go and do that. If you can wear a Nanodeck, you can enter the Temple of Home.
    Last edited by Michizure; Oct 22nd, 2015 at 20:29:42.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

a *stellar* nanodeck would be the right thing i think
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

It wouldn't be hard to add a 'Wearing Nanodeck' to the door...doing such would sort of invalidate the other requirements in most cases, but that may not be a terrible thing.

If I were to ever make something that'd beacon players to the Temple of Home, it would have stricter requirements, though. Hmmm...

Edit: Yeah, I'll just go and do that. If you can wear a Nanodeck, you can enter the Temple of Home.
    Always good to have someone involved in our favorite game, ty for your work Michizure

/blublu
    Imaginya

Be Yourself

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by michizure View Post
    it wouldn't be hard to add a 'wearing nanodeck' to the door...doing such would sort of invalidate the other requirements in most cases, but that may not be a terrible thing.

If i were to ever make something that'd beacon players to the temple of home, it would have stricter requirements, though. Hmmm...

Edit: Yeah, i'll just go and do that. If you can wear a nanodeck, you can enter the temple of home.

Thank You

nice news

" Yeah, i'll just go and do that. If you can wear a nanodeck, you can enter the temple of home."

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes!

Not that all my 220's dont have quest done... but :P seeing a dev swoop in respond to community to make the arbitrary part easier... Yeah! MAh hero!
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Please to not lock it to *Stellar* Nanodecks, but allow the regular one (equipped ofc).

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Awesome idea Michi, lots of players will appreciate this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Please to not lock it to *Stellar* Nanodecks, but allow the regular one (equipped ofc).
    Should it really need to be equipped? Do all professions use their nanodecks while PvMing or do they simply put it on to cast the 4 hour nanos that they need and then take it off to wear something better? I believe the equip time is 15s for Stellar Nanodecks. That'd be a slight inconvenience to have to equip the Stellar Nanodeck just to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Should it really need to be equipped? Do all professions use their nanodecks while PvMing or do they simply put it on to cast the 4 hour nanos that they need and then take it off to wear something better? I believe the equip time is 15s for Stellar Nanodecks. That'd be a slight inconvenience to have to equip the Stellar Nanodeck just to enter.
    No most of us have 6 Acdc's equipped and as he mentioned it's for zoning in from bs as replacement to having done either of the quest chains.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast