Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

i havent lagged for the last 5-6 years, then its the person haveing a old computer or bad conection.
    its a diffrence on laggs and buggs

I guess some of the above posters never played other MMOs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

any idea if there are deals incoming with the halloween content and if so when they might be landing?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    However these problems can't get fixed just like that since the game engine is what's causing them, in order to fix those the entire game needs to be redone on a completely new engine.
    Some people just can't get enough of new engines.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    However these problems can't get fixed just like that since the game engine is what's causing them, in order to fix those the entire game needs to be redone on a completely new engine.
    That's a different part of the game than what you normally see referred to as "engine" here
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

fc kept their promised when they released new engine because they didn't say new engine will be 2015 brand new up to date if you know what I mean. so if anyone here are not happy with the new engine, its not fc fault, its because you have high expectations of fc
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    fc kept their promised when they released new engine because they didn't say new engine will be 2015 brand new up to date if you know what I mean. so if anyone here are not happy with the new engine, its not fc fault, its because you have high expectations of fc
    Game engine and graphics overhaul are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Some people just can't get enough of new engines.
    Honestly, these yalmaha's could use a new engine.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Honestly, these yalmaha's could use a new engine.
    lol indeed

i say we blame the engine on the Engineers!...pesky critters.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

The only thing that prevents me from resubbing my 8 accounts is that i missed out on the luxury armour offer cause i was on holiday.
    There should be a way to get these items i dont mind if they are very expensive in the item store as long as they are obtainable.
    im all for spending money on the game to support it.

Funcom employee

Hey everyone! It has been a busy month getting things in a playable state with the dungeon, and making Halloween preparations, but we're almost there! I think I'm also about a month behind on PM's and other forums stuff...sorry about that.

Anyway, Testlive was patched today with a version of the Pyramid of Home dungeon; please feel free to give it a try!

Halloween will be starting next week for about 3 weeks. We have some upcoming special announcements/offers that'll arrive at the same time, which we'll be sharing info on soon.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hey everyone! It has been a busy month getting things in a playable state with the dungeon, and making Halloween preparations, but we're almost there! I think I'm also about a month behind on PM's and other forums stuff...sorry about that.

Anyway, Testlive was patched today with a version of the Pyramid of Home dungeon; please feel free to give it a try!

Halloween will be starting next week for about 3 weeks. We have some upcoming special announcements/offers that'll arrive at the same time, which we'll be sharing info on soon.
    Excellent.

Keep up the good work, boss!
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Great!

Totally unrelated but.. you should get Sezmra to do a twitch stream with her and yourself, similar to the TSW ones. At least occasionally. Talk about changes, AMA type stuff, etc. TSW gets too much attention anyways.

I really like the new instance.. but!... You have to go in as raidforce and it doesnt allow more then 6 people to go in..

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    I really like the new instance.. but!... You have to go in as raidforce and it doesnt allow more then 6 people to go in..
    This is intended, though I do suppose it bucks the standards and expectations that have been set thus far with raids.

I wanted to make a 1-team instance that could utilize raidlocks. None of the alternatives were as elegant or reliable, so this is what I was left with.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

This is intended, though I do suppose it bucks the standards and expectations that have been set thus far with raids.

I wanted to make a 1-team instance that could utilize raidlocks. None of the alternatives were as elegant or reliable, so this is what I was left with.
    So I've heard.. The instance is a true challenge though, that's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    So I've heard.. The instance is a true challenge though, that's good!
    gah your chatting makes me want to instal testlive back for this dungeon.
    Testlive is a curse for me thou if i do this agein i play more on that server than live becose i cant stop makeing twinks and setups, why i had to delete that damn test to stop it.

Dipped my toes in it.. guys.. come test this on TL. It's fun! Not very easy to go through as you figure the tactics out but very fun!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Dipped my toes in it.. guys.. come test this on TL. It's fun! Not very easy to go through as you figure the tactics out but very fun!
    Yeah.. I was with you in the team.. I'm currently in the instance, thinking of a tactic for that second boss! =)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast