Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

There's no pleasing you guys even tho most of yous know that "The Reck"(tl4 content) is incoming after halloween lol.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Any oldschool TL7 that was built before dailies were introduced will be far below 5k.

I don't have 5k on any one of my 12 220's.
    No.

Caloss2 born dec 21 2001 7339 tokens, still has some research/AI to do.

Every single one of my toons over 205 has over 5k tokens, and I've never tried to farm them.

Was this the result of a lot time at Kite hill ? I honestly don't understand how you can't have enough tokens.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Any oldschool TL7 that was built before dailies were introduced will be far below 5k.

I don't have 5k on any one of my 12 220's.
    and it takes like 3 days to get from 0->2500 tokens without spending a veteran point
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Also neutrals since the begining never had the pleasure like clan/omnis for the faction gear on top of it except acces to clan/omni keys wich is nothing and barly matters.
    I think its time to move on this stupid ''neutrals has to be trash becose they dont want to pick a side''.
    Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to be a neut?
    After the first couple of days of playing, when you figured out the down sides of being neut, did anyone force you to STAY neutral?

This isnt something that has been done *to* you, its something you have chosen for yourself, despite the drawbacks.
    Live with it, or buy a sided application form.

Also, if entry to both factions gardens is the ONLY benefit of being a neut and that "barely matters" then it wont be such a hardship to give that up when you change factions will it.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

5k token board. yay.

Grats Michi of you anniversary!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Canihaz 10k token board? Got 4 chars now with 10k+
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    No.

Every single one of my toons over 205 has over 5k tokens, and I've never tried to farm them.

Was this the result of a lot time at Kite hill ? I honestly don't understand how you can't have enough tokens.
    Not everyone levels solely by dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    Not everyone levels solely by dailies
    I made no such claim ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

No.

??? are you serious???

I NEVER do kite hill.

I simply don't do daily missions. I have friends in game so I do team oriented activities. very few team oriented activities produce tokens.

I have no idea how you have so many, tbh. If you only do AI dailies which is all I've ever had time for, IF I have time for a daily.... you certainly don't get oodles of tokens.

I think your problem is you only play one char. If you've got 2-10 220's, it's unlikely you have time to do every daily mission every day for 14 years or whatever it is you do to get that many tokens.

At "One year later" part I instantly thought you were posting something like "I had a great time here but I feel it's time for me to move on to new projects" ..... Oh man, my heart did skip a beat.

Worst part is that there's going to be a need to farm tokens again :| man... as if it wasn't bad enough when the 2500 tokenboard was released, all those hours spent farming those rifles at the domes in avalon only this time it's even more tokens than last time... but I guess easier to get now.

Not sure how you manage 7k+ tokens :P this char never was at kite-hill or anything like that, I just played through all the RK levels before the token-rain was real. And back then a lot of it was done outside hunting mobs as well, and you didn't get 20 tokens for finishing a mission.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 1st, 2015 at 13:37:11.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    Fail to see how this is adding to grind. Practically every tl7 toon I know has way in excess of 5k tokens just through regular accumulation during levelling
    Being rather oldschool I can add that I needed to farm tokens when the 2500 tokenboard came out because you didn't get that many tokens back then
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Brb farming token guns
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Checking in with the old school levelling crowd who dinged first main 220/30/70 before dailies existed and who also never sat at kite hill. My newer chars all have 5k+ thanks to dailies, but my older ones are way short. Oof.

Also checking in with the crew who thought that One Year thing was going to be some sort of resignation and went 'eep!'

I'll be interested to see how PoH will compare to, say, DB3. The annoying thing about DB3 is just how bloody long the tedious trash levels (1, 3, 5) take for literally zero gain. I hope PoH will focus the challenge and time on the bosses, not on trash. I prefer the TSW style of dungeon design with minimal time wasted on AoEing trash mobs, instead of standard WoW-a-like dungeons which disguise simplistic boss fights by placing craptons of rotation-filler time obstacles in the way (trash mobs).

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

why does people expcet that funcom should hand u something free?
    old days it tok forever doing missions 100% to get 7 tokens.. then u had to roll the mish, run to location, complete the mish to get the reward, and then deliver it.

5k tokens is nothing for a new board, its barly work to deserve get it, it should be 10k token board and not 5k

Um... or tie things available in the items shop (token packs) to in-game content rewards, kinda smart if a tad shifty.

??? are you serious???

I NEVER do kite hill.

I simply don't do daily missions. I have friends in game so I do team oriented activities. very few team oriented activities produce tokens.

I have no idea how you have so many, tbh. If you only do AI dailies which is all I've ever had time for, IF I have time for a daily.... you certainly don't get oodles of tokens.

I think your problem is you only play one char. If you've got 2-10 220's, it's unlikely you have time to do every daily mission every day for 14 years or whatever it is you do to get that many tokens.
    Yes I'm serious, before SL was released Caloss2 had nearly 2k tokens from the old regular missions (when you got 1 token per mission) sided shoulder pad quest, and later team missions in broken shores again these gave 1 token per mission, then I actually stopped playing him around 2013 but he still has 7339 tokens.
    I don't have a problem, you do; as you don't have enough tokens. And are complaining.
    99% of my game time is spent with others in team activities that's what happens in a long standing and still active guild.

My 220's have 5k + tokens and I don't even play all of them every day, daily missions are what I do when working on a toon, if you're unsure how to get them done easily and efficiently; click the link in my sig for guidance. or use this thread for each mission that's taking you more than 20mins. Because they shouldn't be.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...k-of-Knowledge

Bump for the 3rd class "neut" love --5k token boards!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you to be a neut?
    After the first couple of days of playing, when you figured out the down sides of being neut, did anyone force you to STAY neutral?

This isnt something that has been done *to* you, its something you have chosen for yourself, despite the drawbacks.
    Live with it, or buy a sided application form.

Also, if entry to both factions gardens is the ONLY benefit of being a neut and that "barely matters" then it wont be such a hardship to give that up when you change factions will it.
    This ^.^

Also getting 5k tokens is nothing. I came back after almost 8 years and have been playing on and off for about a year. I had less than 2500 tokens and now have 6k. I dont even do the crap RK daily because they are just awful. BS dailies included. And I didnt do them "daily" either. Doesnt take much to get tokens anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    This.

Honestly i think there is already enough TL7 action in game. And Michi should focus on other lvl ranges.
    For example i think there is missing action between 150-200. You have only Cultists in ADO and maybe Alapaa in PEN (after nerf).
    Therefore you can see tl5 toons on lft for inferno.

Everyone wants quickly jump on tl7 because there are many things to do there.
    Just imagine inferno, pandemonium, whole LOX instance, DB1,2,3 etc.

And now another tl7 action with requirement of killing Beast in pande .....
    Why on earth would they focus on a level range that you blast through on your way to Tl7?

No on cares about people who park at specific level ranges on purpose. Those who choose to play like that are free to, but you cant possibly expect them to spend actual months of development time making content for it.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Yes I'm serious, before SL was released Caloss2 had nearly 2k tokens from the old regular missions (when you got 1 token per mission) sided shoulder pad quest, and later team missions in broken shores again these gave 1 token per mission, then I actually stopped playing him around 2013 but he still has 7339 tokens.
    I don't have a problem, you do; as you don't have enough tokens. And are complaining.
    99% of my game time is spent with others in team activities that's what happens in a long standing and still active guild.

My 220's have 5k + tokens and I don't even play all of them every day, daily missions are what I do when working on a toon, if you're unsure how to get them done easily and efficiently; click the link in my sig for guidance. or use this thread for each mission that's taking you more than 20mins. Because they shouldn't be.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...k-of-Knowledge
    Don't be so bloody daft.

Just because one toon in your stable has 7k tokens doesn't make it the norm.

I do have a problem, and my problem is when people suggest that an extreme is the norm because they did it once, and have a completely different playstyle than those who don't choose to grind for the sake of grinding.

Just because you love the grind, doesn't mean anyone else should.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast