Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    gah your chatting makes me want to instal testlive back for this dungeon.
    Testlive is a curse for me thou if i do this agein i play more on that server than live becose i cant stop makeing twinks and setups, why i had to delete that damn test to stop it.
    Hehe. It'll be live soon, then you can test it plenty of times =)

I have a question. Why are people who do not play the game at all allowed to even post? Why are they allowed to complain and voice over those of us actually ingame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I have a question. Why are people who do not play the game at all allowed to even post? Why are they allowed to complain and voice over those of us actually ingame?
    good point, i agree

Yeah it bugs me as well, when people who leave the game come back to let everyone know their disjointed views like we all need to know. It probably comes from the offers though with some people racking up plenty of game time when they sub at bday, christmas, halloween etc and take advantage of the longer subs. People leave the game whilst having plenty of game time left which makes them able to leave comments as they are technically still a subscriber despite no longer being a player. So knowing this, what I really cant understand is why people who decide they no longer want to play, hang around the forums like bad smells. I mean why not move on mentally too once youve moved on physically? Why feeling the need to point out they arnt playing in the posts they make is beyond me too... unless ofcourse they took their bat and ball home cos they dont get what they want and are simply needing to let funcom know they are being punished.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameadv View Post
    Yeah it bugs me as well, when people who leave the game come back to let everyone know their disjointed views like we all need to know. It probably comes from the offers though with some people racking up plenty of game time when they sub at bday, christmas, halloween etc and take advantage of the longer subs. People leave the game whilst having plenty of game time left which makes them able to leave comments as they are technically still a subscriber despite no longer being a player. So knowing this, what I really cant understand is why people who decide they no longer want to play, hang around the forums like bad smells. I mean why not move on mentally too once youve moved on physically? Why feeling the need to point out they arnt playing in the posts they make is beyond me too... unless ofcourse they took their bat and ball home cos they dont get what they want and are simply needing to let funcom know they are being punished.
    A successful MMO is a game with people playing it. Seems logical to me that any smart game developer has more to gain by listening to the many who left than to the few who remain. For raisins so oblivious they don't need mentoring.

The use of fallacies as "arguments" to devalue the complaints, opinions, arguments or suggestions of people with opposing views can be done by anyone. I could for example say that people who like the gameplay in its present state are probably people racking up plenty of game time when they sub at bday, christmas, halloween etc and take advantage of the longer subs. People stay in the game whilst having plenty of game time left which makes them able to leave comments as they are technically still a subscribers despite no longer caring for the game and are only interested in milking it for profit. So knowing this, what I really cant understand is why people who decide they no longer want to pay, hang around the forums like bad smells.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    what I really cant understand is why people who decide they no longer want to pay, hang around the forums like bad smells.
    While I agree with most of your post, can you really not understand why people do this or was that question for dramatic effect?

If you are genuinely not understanding why, the answer is easily observable. We call it human nature. You can see this same behavior pattern in almost all things.

Thing is, I read posts and find many nonissues.. Things that were fixed in 2013 and people still complain in q4 2015...

Issues people should see were resolved if only played the game...

The use of fallacies as "arguments" to devalue the complaints, opinions, arguments or suggestions of people with opposing views can be done by anyone.
    It wasnt so much fallacy, more a single example. One out of many... For raisins so obviously oblivious I would of thought they didnt all need mentoring. Ill mention one more though, such as people still being able to comment despite there subscription lapsing. While people leave before their subs run out due to racking up plenty of game time with the offers and knowing that would come back as a counter if I chose the latter example, I chose to go with the former. Doesnt really matter though as either are only two examples out of many. The main thing I was trying to point out is people state they are done with the game but show otherwise by hanging around simply to point, stare and laugh. Using the word probably in your next statement kind of puts you in the "use of fallacies as "arguments" to devalue the complaints" bracket though so I would have to agree and say you are correct... anyone can do it.

I could for example say that people who like the gameplay in its present state are probably people racking up plenty of game time when they sub at bday, christmas, halloween etc and take advantage of the longer subs. People stay in the game whilst having plenty of game time left which makes them able to leave comments as they are technically still a subscribers despite no longer caring for the game and are only interested in milking it for profit. So knowing this, what I really cant understand is why people who decide they no longer want to pay, hang around the forums like bad smells.
    Correct you could, who actually happens to be milking it for profit though would entirely depend on a) your viewpoint, b) how pedantic you can be and (ultimately) c) your definition of "milking it for profit". This could be the people who only sub one account as they are the players who benefit the most in real world terms of profit, people who place no value in money could be seen as milking it for profit by subbing 10 accounts whether they pay monthly/tri monthly/six monthly/annually or if they use any of the sub offers due to the benefit (profit) received by having so many accounts. Ofcourse the people who no longer sub would generally be the people classed as the people who truly profit the most regarding the game as they get to keep every penny they dont put into supporting the game.

As for the people who care most for the game.. I believe this can only really be the people who generally support the game via subs as and when they can regardless of what state it is in. I enjoy the game in its current state but not anywhere near as much as I did many states ago. There are players that have lobbied for changes to be made and after having numerous changes put into play... they then leave the game because they dont get every change done or even worse... dislike the monster they pushed to create??? They lobby for changes that affect everyone ... alot of people that didnt want these changes... then they leave anyway lol only to come back to the forums to show displeasure... If their valuable feedback was purely intended for funcom to try learn from where things went wrong then that valuable feedback could be sent in to funcom via channels that didnt feed their trollish habbit here on the forums. Grow up and move on as mentally as you did physically(I have no clue over your state Gimpynoob, no idea whether you still play or your reasons for leaving if not so this isnt in anyway aimed at you. Simply a general comment). I currently pay for it monthly but somebody who subs whether using the offers or not is much more of a supporter of the game than somebody who ceased subbing for what ever reason. When the Halloween offers come in I am seriously thinking of taking advantage of them because in rl times are tough and real world credits are even harder to come by than currently in game credits are and it makes better economical sense. People state they care for something then stand back in amusement as they watch it bleed out and dry up.
    Last edited by nonameadv; Oct 21st, 2015 at 13:17:08.

Exactly the problem. People who are not satisfied and probably wont be, make up the majority of complaints. Especially since many people ingame(who obviously play the game, and enjoy it enough not to bother with forums)

Worst of all is people complaining about issues that are no longer an issue. I pray devs dont listen to them and fix things that do not need fixing.

To many changes in AO were done on such basis... And like you said, then those people quit and rest of us have suffered their lobbied changes.

In any case, go check ingame, play a little, emorage wont get you far.

Exactly the problem. People who are not satisfied and probably wont be, make up the majority of complaints. Especially since many people ingame(who obviously play the game, and enjoy it enough not to bother with forums)

Worst of all is people complaining about issues that are no longer an issue. I pray devs dont listen to them and fix things that do not need fixing.

To many changes in AO were done on such basis... And like you said, then those people quit and rest of us have suffered their lobbied changes.

In any case, go check ingame, play a little, emorage wont get you far.
    agreed 100%. 90% of the people i play with never read the forums. Maybe they get tired of the drama and stopped coming here. It is too sad many changes come from people complaining that no longer play.

About the access for The Dark Pyramid Below.

You said we need to:
    "This encounter will start from Number Nine's chamber. You will be able to enter his inner sanctum freely from Broken Shores if you have successfully Shut Down the Terminal."

But for the people who got their Prof(s) Star "Before" that quest (with A LOT of raid pts believe me), so most of them never bothered to do that quest for something they already got.

They have access to the Dark Pyramid Below or they don't ?

If they don't and especially if they farmed that star with reroll(s) as well and it was way harder than the quest, i'll think it'll be really .. really unfair.

/blublu
    Imaginya

Be Yourself

Unfair maybe, but very straight forward, grab quest, run in to inf mission grab item... keel Libra... grab item.. run to ergo, phaty up.. kill beast target it before killing and talk to #9... can be done easily.... easier than uncle bazzit quest, and easier than ... almost anything else. Atleast on any said endgame toon.

Brutal and unforgiving new instance. Does require some thought though. I can see good use for MP/NT in there also.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    agreed 100%.It is too sad many changes come from people complaining that no longer play.
    I can't think of a single change made this way. Even if it were true, and the fact that inactive players can have false information is mainly funcom's fault because their patch notes barely ever provide accurate information and with no detail.

anyone cool enough to share a vid from new instance where you raid it?
    i suck at recording etc and i am still unsure about if i should get testlive server agein becose i rly get addicted to stay more on that server even if i am all alone vs live server.

I stopped reading at raisins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I can't think of a single change made this way. Even if it were true, and the fact that inactive players can have false information is mainly funcom's fault because their patch notes barely ever provide accurate information and with no detail.

You can't because it is just another lame attempt at a smear campaign.

I would like them to justify their claim. A significant number (let's say 10%) of the last 100 posts or threads made by people they can prove are no longer playing and containing complaints or suggestions that are widely known to have been fixed long before the complaint or suggestion was made.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I stopped reading at raisins.
    Smart and cute as always. You are right, the posts after that one aren't really worth reading.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CASarmor View Post
    About the access for The Dark Pyramid Below.

You said we need to:
    "This encounter will start from Number Nine's chamber. You will be able to enter his inner sanctum freely from Broken Shores if you have successfully Shut Down the Terminal."

But for the people who got their Prof(s) Star "Before" that quest (with A LOT of raid pts believe me), so most of them never bothered to do that quest for something they already got.

They have access to the Dark Pyramid Below or they don't ?

If they don't and especially if they farmed that star with reroll(s) as well and it was way harder than the quest, i'll think it'll be really .. really unfair.

/blublu
    A very valid point, sorry for not considering that population of players. I'll update the entrance to see if you've completed 'Shut Down the Terminal' or the Legacy of the Xan questline (specifically, completing the quest that was tied to completing the 12m instance).
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Maybe this is the perfect time to ask for some new alternative phats to be added to beast and zods drops to make going more fun and productive.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast