Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Soooo, what are ze stats on new armor? Wat about perk action from a set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

You can check out any added stuff on test by doing /tell ttst !newitems.

Only beast armor is on test atm and its nothing "amazing" compared to AI and won't change any setups but to sum up the armor,

1950 CL req for every piece of armor including the neck piece.

skills go from 30 to 45. Nothing added so pieces like boots and shoulders will be ignored completely(excluding those going for the perk) while gloves will have a niche use for TSing on non-engi/traders.

HP/Nano go up 40-105%ish depending on the piece, Chest for example is 500 HP/Nano from 240 HP/Nano

NCU goes up abit which is cool I guess.

Neckpiece has 3k HP/Nano, 300 RS, 50 treatment, 50 NCU, 500 ACs and 100 CL. Best profs I can think of for this is maybe Docs(IF 5k board has less than 2.5k hp), HP setup fixer and Engi but other profs might find use in it.

Gonna have to wait a week or 2 for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Don't be so bloody daft.

Just because one toon in your stable has 7k tokens doesn't make it the norm.

I do have a problem, and my problem is when people suggest that an extreme is the norm because they did it once, and have a completely different playstyle than those who don't choose to grind for the sake of grinding.

Just because you love the grind, doesn't mean anyone else should.
    Don't try to make this personal, it's an objective argument.

What is normal for me, also seems to be the norm for all the old schoolers in my guild in regard to how many tokens our 220's have.
    It also seems to be the norm for everyone else.
    Extreme and exception are not accurate descriptions at all; only side changed/former neuts have a problem with 5k tokens, and I'd go further to say that these characters are by far the exception.
    What you're doing is projecting your problem onto everyone else, if you have the problem then everyone else does.

When someone tells you that is not the case, you immediately assume they are an exception without considering that actually the exception is you.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    What is normal for me, also seems to be the norm for all the old schoolers in my guild in regard to how many tokens our 220's have.
    For what it's worth, Jutu only has 4007 tokens. But I also finished everything but like 2 levels of research before dailies were introduced. I actually have more tokens on him than I thought I did.

Michi, how generous is the "precise" placement for the mobs in Pyramid? AO's pathing historically hasn't been the greatest, and I find it's kind of tough to get mobs to stand where you want them to. I've had issues with Collector where my screen will show he's in one spot, far enough away that I don't have to worry, then I get blasted away showing he's right next to me, but at an angle that doesn't line up with where my screen shows he should end up in relation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Don't try to make this personal, it's an objective argument.

It also seems to be the norm for everyone else.
    Extreme and exception are not accurate descriptions at all; only side changed/former neuts have a problem with 5k tokens, and I'd go further to say that these characters are by far the exception.
    What you're doing is projecting your problem onto everyone else, if you have the problem then everyone else does.

When someone tells you that is not the case, you immediately assume they are an exception without considering that actually the exception is you.
    {edited} You're the only one on the forums who's stated they have 7000+ tokens {edited}

{edited}

Up until the time when this patch is live, there has NEVER been a reason to collect in excess of 2500 tokens. My advy? about 2500 tokens. My doc? about 3k. My MA? about 4k (interestingly this is my oldest toon, but the reason I have a lot of tokens on him is because I used to farm tower guns religiously), my enf has about 3500.

I am not sure about my crat, trader, engi, keeper sold, other enf or fixer nor do I care. {edited} read through the replies on this thread. You're the only one with such a bountiful stack.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 03:24:39. Reason: removed inflammatory comments

Of my 9x 220s, only my Shade has less than 5k tokens, and he has about 3.5k because I had to farm 2.5k in token guns when Shade's got access to the token boards and I haven't PvP'd on him to much in BS.
    The rest all have 5~9k, my 2x 200s both have 7k or so currently, and one of my 150s (my Keeper) has 4k or so currently.

I personally find it quite normal to have tons of tokens these days, even if there's not a practical use for them until now.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    You're the only one on the forums who's stated they have 7000+ tokens,

Up until the time when this patch is live, there has NEVER been a reason to collect in excess of 2500 tokens. My advy? about 2500 tokens. My doc? about 3k. My MA? about 4k (interestingly this is my oldest toon, but the reason I have a lot of tokens on him is because I used to farm tower guns religiously), my enf has about 3500.

I am not sure about my crat, trader, engi, keeper sold, other enf or fixer nor do I care. read through the replies on this thread. You're the only one with such a bountiful stack.

Do stop trying to make it personal, and read other peoples posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Of my 9x 220s, only my Shade has less than 5k tokens, and he has about 3.5k because I had to farm 2.5k in token guns when Shade's got access to the token boards and I haven't PvP'd on him to much in BS.
    The rest all have 5~9k, my 2x 200s both have 7k or so currently, and one of my 150s (my Keeper) has 4k or so currently.

I personally find it quite normal to have tons of tokens these days, even if there's not a practical use for them until now.
    {edited}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 3rd, 2015 at 03:25:57. Reason: fixed quoted material
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I have a couple of 220s from before dailies and a bunch since. Of the pre-daily 220s 2 have gone sided at 220 and have had to "grind" their 2.5k for token boars. I use grind in the loosest possible sense of the word as I can't actually recall even seeing it as a grind.

I believe having excess tokens is indeed the norm and though I cba to go search I seem to remember numerous threads suggesting higher req token boards.

Either way, bumping toon's with 2.5k up to 5k is as always a personal choice. If you don't want to "grind" tokens you can always buy em or simply stick with your existing board

So what are the stats of the 5k board?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    So what are the stats of the 5k board?
    That's the interesting question, I guess when they hit test live, the stats will be known oO
    I'm looking forward to finding out.

I have 7k tokens on several characters, but I still think the 5k board is a horrible idea. It's just another meaningless grind. If it is added it should only have convenience perk to it (teleport to the pyramide, etc).

If its meaningless, why grind it? Seems a bit counter intuitive.

Could use couple 10k boards myself, but several of my friends and my alts will be happy to see 5k boards coming up.

Regarding mentions of dailies or old and new toons: 70 lines of researches is new, to some even 30 alien levels is new - level however you like to level and get the tokens however you like to get them. It is completely pointless to argue that you like to level off killing grey backyard leets and dont like the 5k board.

Objectively, my crat is 220/30/70 and has 7k tokens. This is the only character I have made after dailies were introduced that's endgame.

This does also include numerous times where I've bought tokens with VP and vet points to hit the 1k and 2.5 breakpoints so probably would be more like 6k if I had only done dailies.

I also did the pvp daily missions when grinding for the 1k/2.5k boards, without these it would be more like 5.5k.

So in the end, be prepared to do a little token grinding to get the 5k board before you get to max level through dailies.

I still don't agree with stat increases on the 5k Board, it should at MOST be a combined version of the xan boards and some convenience perks as I and Shadow have suggested.

The reason why we say it's a meaningless grind is because it does not add anything positive to the game. It's not more content it's just more time until you can finish your character, another carrot on a stick. We rather have content for our completed characters to run, not do dailies on 220/30/70 characters to get tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post

i dont do pvm unless i realy have to, i rather pay people to lev me afk if i can, but all my alts is over 4000-5000 tokens aswell.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Oct 2nd, 2015 at 15:48:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    The reason why we say it's a meaningless grind is because it does not add anything positive to the game. It's not more content it's just more time until you can finish your character, another carrot on a stick. We rather have content for our completed characters to run, not do dailies on 220/30/70 characters to get tokens.
    I don't play any other MMO besides this one, so this is an actual question. Doesn't every MMO that wants to survive release new content for its player base to grind? Hack and Slash games like D3 and PoE do the same thing too. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in all popular games similar to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i dont do pvm unless i realy have to, i rather pay people to lev me afk if i can, but all my alts is over 4000-5000 tokens aswell.
    You edited your statement. I was adding up tokens based off what you said and your time lines were way short. =]

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    I don't play any other MMO besides this one, so this is an actual question. Doesn't every MMO that wants to survive release new content for its player base to grind? Hack and Slash games like D3 and PoE do the same thing too. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in all popular games similar to this one.
    Not always but I would say busy work is part of the MMORPG genre. At the end of the day there has to be multiple objectives for people to stay in game. If you accomplish everything chances are you won't log in. Grinding is one way to keep people in game. It's human nature and contrary to what some believe, many people like to grind.

I like the idea of a new token board. I wish tokens had other uses beyond the board though. Even if it were for a title. (and I wouldnt mind seeing new visuals pop up when you click on a tboard like the original.. always liked that.) The new perk kind of worries me. Depending on how good it is it could potentially limit customization. Everyone needs to wear the same armor, etc etc. Personally I'd like to see it granted for owning the collection of upgraded armor and maybe have to wear 1 piece versus the entire set(or no set). Guess it depends on the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by strohkirchw View Post
    You edited your statement. I was adding up tokens based off what you said and your time lines were way short. =]
    84,000+ ish victory points if you do your 3x bs daily for 2 weeks.
    and yes then i count on that you win your 3 rounds aswell, thats rather easy becose people always whine after bs rounds and you automaticly knows wich side to pick by that if you want to farm points.
    now 84,000 points = 1200 tokens alone from ofab vendor.
    and for a tl 7 its 16 tokens evrytime you deliver the bs mish, i am not sure if that is the same for people under tl 7.
    so 16 tokens * 3 pr day * 14 days = 2 weeks as i said is 672 tokens.
    so now it is 1200 tokens from victory points and 672 tokens by just delivering in 2 weeks = 1872 tokens and now we miss rk/ai daily wich will make you land on about 2500 tokens in 2 weeks.

now maybe not exactly 2500 tokens here, but its pretty close, and i just wanted to point out how redicules easy this is, and people whine for nothing, they want funcom to just hand em free gear without grinding.
    hopefully the dev's see this and raise the requirement to 10k tokens insted of 5k, people for sure pisses me off when they cry about getting 5k tokens wich is no work at all. a quick bs takes 1-2 mins and it happens allot. ai/rk daily takes 5 mins each. so in all you play 20 mins evry day to gain axp/exp+tokens by a very high amount.

now start think about that if you started doing battlestations at 150+ now and then all the way upp to 220... its so stupid easy that i have to say it agein, the people that whines about getting 5000 tokens makes me sick.
    so insted of whineing so much about the requirement maybe use more time to thank the Devs for the great work and thank em even extra for the low requirement to gain the new OP token board
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Oct 2nd, 2015 at 17:20:54.

All this token board talk.

I am sooo glad to just play neut.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Gif extra 20% nanodamage to 5k board and +10 Crit rate. So poor MAs can finally go 100% crit alltime. And Nts can reach 300k dpm.

Also WTB 10k tokenboard, it should give extra social status, like a pair of lvl 200 servant pets, shaped like carlita with SMGs...

Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I need to raid Beast more I don't have a full Pandemonium set...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast