Thread: Side xp doesn't go into research?

Side xp doesn't go into research?

Has it always been the case that side xp bonus has never been rewarded when doing research? Or is this a new bug, seems strange I've never noticed this before. Maybe it's just a visual bug?

Killing a mob doing normal xp:
    You received 1831772 xp.
    249856 xp was gained as a side bonus!

Killing the same mob doing 100% research:
    1581916 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.

Xp gained minus side xp = research gained
    (1831772 - 249856) = 1581916
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

It's always been that way.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I can't believe I never noticed that it was always this way. It would be nice to get that XP, and anything that goes over cap to go into pool, or, if not locked, into active XP. In the latter case -- if XP is not locked, and research is not 100% assigned -- does the side bonus get through into leveling XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It's always been that way.
    I feel ripped off then!
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Yes. Make it so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

once were on it i noticed people done huge mistakes since day 1 when you could start disable xp and store it up in unsaved.
    say you do ely hecks its actualy faster to disable xp at level 120 ish and cap the xp pool and open it and then ding all the stored up levels than doing lev by lev since the xp reward decreases pr lev you gain after 120+.
    this trick goes all the way up from 120-200, not only in kitehill but other places, you alway cap your xp pool and open it and you disable it when you gained levels. try not to use upp all pool at once by open it up and close it quickly agein pr lev if manage.
    been petitiond about that i level 50% faster than others in identical gear countless of times becose i never wanted to share this lovely disable xp trick.

Is how i levled my mp from 1-207 in 1 day and 23 houers. and i didnt even try becose i never used a single xp can, and on top of it i used much of that time to ding from ai 0-18 and get pen key quest.
    it is a very effective way to level, and since i barly play atm anymore i might aswell let others try benefit of this trick for those who hate pvm.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 20th, 2015 at 20:41:31.

That sounds really useful, but could I get that in English? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    once were on it i noticed people done huge mistakes since day 1 when you could start disable xp and store it up in unsaved.
    say you do ely hecks its actualy faster to disable xp at level 120 ish and cap the xp pool and open it and then ding all the stored up levels than doing lev by lev since the xp reward decreases pr lev you gain after 120+.
    this trick goes all the way up from 120-200, not only in kitehill but other places, you alway cap your xp pool and open it and you disable it when you gained levels. try not to use upp all pool at once by open it up and close it quickly agein pr lev if manage.
    been petitiond about that i level 50% faster than others in identical gear countless of times becose i never wanted to share this lovely disable xp trick.

Is how i levled my mp from 1-207 in 1 day and 23 houers. and i didnt even try becose i never used a single xp can, and on top of it i used much of that time to ding from ai 0-18 and get pen key quest.
    it is a very effective way to level, and since i barly play atm anymore i might aswell let others try benefit of this trick for those who hate pvm.
    I've always leveled my froobs this way. pool all dailys, then pound out missions, always gets more levels in less time than not pooling them.
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

ya it's a great strategy... Lequacks bang on. There's a huge dropoff in XP per unit killed at 120-130 then more at 130-140. It was probably built that way to discourage people from doing the same content for too long and to promote the next playfield indirectly.

A lot of people just sit there like zombies at kite hill though... never found that appealing myself.

Foob, this seems like a bug to me.

Have you considered filing it with Support or, at the very least, requesting that it be changed in the 'Game Suggestions' forums?