Thread: Assist changes

Assist changes

Good work, but you can still assist pets and towers.

I don't know if that's the only way to get around this however it certainly makes it more clear who are using hacks to assist targets if we get this patched too.

Basically we need to determine who is using third party tools to target and once we can rule out that NOBODY can do this using current game mechanics, then the banhammer can begin

Its still possible to get instant killed by a MB.
    The Assist change in general dont makes pvp better, it makes pvp more unplayable as before because only the MB`s are still able to assist. Finally you cant "fast" kill the MB`s without assist and gets killed by the MB`s in nanoseconds.
    The Assist change basicly is a very nice idea, we had one very epic fight in mass pvp but the MB`s found a way to scip the assistchange.

1.) Assist Pets should be removed
    2.) Assist Tower should be removed
    3.) Follow should be removed
    4.) God Damit, make a Policy to MB in PvP and MB in general!!!!!
    Last edited by Allure; Sep 18th, 2015 at 23:23:08.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Clans seem to have found away around this, My poor fixer got attacked by 7 people and killed to fast to even react or meep. And I highly doubt they mouse targeted me or tab targeted me while i was stood more or less in the middle of 30ish other people all huddled together to stop them been able to all target single people out ( doc's and such )

They should add assist back in and just make an official ban on MBing, why should the majority suffer because the few can't play a game without using 6 toons at once
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Dude, the Assist changes are the best think that FC does in 10 Years of AO. The Mass-PvP is way better than befor...Assist will make the mass-PvP automaticly and less skill based.
    If you got Killed by 7 ppl then i would say: Bad luck. There is no legitim way to assist in AO and when you got attak massages from mutch player then its luck.

And keep notice, what do you think is first target in PvP? Doc`s? Haha...definetly not, meep`s are first target And for your information, we are intelligent enough to sneak and select the right targets by mouse target, many of us are on teamspeak.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Dude, the Assist changes are the best think that FC does in 10 Years of AO. The Mass-PvP is way better than befor...Assist will make the mass-PvP automaticly and less skill based.
    If you got Killed by 7 ppl then i would say: Bad luck. There is no legitim way to assist in AO and when you got attak massages from mutch player then its luck.
    It has nothing with luck if in 1 second you get following message:
    (15:08) Attacked by Alphamaniac2!
    (15:08) Attacked by Probuildah!
    (15:08) Attacked by Proman!
    (15:08) Attacked by Drmuppet!
    (15:08) Attacked by Fullgubbe!

Or they are sharing same brain maybe ...
    But it is clear this is multiboxer with assist.
    Last edited by Yama; Oct 10th, 2015 at 14:35:39.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    Before I've quitted - I've MBed my 6 accounts and many many people had the same log.
    Thing is - I never used assist on my tl7 MB, as far as never used any automated mouse actions via multiple windows.
    Everything was done with just tabbing, even tho sometimes it was ruined by incoming pets and wise movement of opponents hugging max range.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Before I've quitted - I've MBed my 6 accounts and many many people had the same log.
    Thing is - I never used assist on my tl7 MB, as far as never used any automated mouse actions via multiple windows.
    Everything was done with just tabbing, even tho sometimes it was ruined by incoming pets and wise movement of opponents hugging max range.
    Arty,

i got this on clan playfield with full of towers.
    So if you are able to tab me on 6 windows within 1 sec......you are keyboard god
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Arty,

i got this on clan playfield with full of towers.
    So if you are able to tab me on 6 windows within 1 sec......you are keyboard god
    I'm not saying anything about was that one legit or not. I wasn't there, all my thoughts will be subjective.

Just saying that there are several ways to tab the same target from 6 accs effectively, even when on towerfield among towers.
    If your char was the most far one from the spot he was at on approach - he could Shift+Tab to select you instantly, no matter how many targets were close to his blob.

Anyway, I was always up to remove assist just to make mass PvP more entertaining at a first place and never wanted to push it as effective solution against MBers.

I MBed myself, starting from pure manual control and ending up having nearly everything automated. And I've seen how hard it harms the game overall.
    So yeah, I'm against multiboxing in all its forms, PvM and PvP, but I'm afraid that lots of PvM content in small/medium orgs won't be available in pure org raids if you forbid MB entirely.

I just hope that AO population will be huge one day, so multiboxers will be less than 1% of overall raidforce. Then multiboxers influence in mass activity will be low enough to nearly ignore it. Especially PvP.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

i hope funcom give old subscribers 1 mounth when steam is releasing and that they give froobs acces to shadowlands, rubi-ka will not entertain people compared to shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    Clans seem to have found away around this, My poor fixer got attacked by 7 people and killed to fast to even react or meep. And I highly doubt they mouse targeted me or tab targeted me while i was stood more or less in the middle of 30ish other people all huddled together to stop them been able to all target single people out ( doc's and such )

They should add assist back in and just make an official ban on MBing, why should the majority suffer because the few can't play a game without using 6 toons at once
    Not that I would ever condone this in anything competitive PvP or PvE but I can think of how this type of behavior could be easily accomplished using current multi-box software.

I used ISOBoxer when playing the emulator for 'Earth & Beyond' to run 6 accounts at once just for fun. The MB software would display things on my dual monitors in a CCTV like manner, but could be completely customized based on your needs. You could even establish a master hotbar or child ones drawn over your game interface, either tracing your in-game hotbars for broadcasting purposes or making standalone customizable ones for specific multi-box purposes. It could also hot swap those CCTV cams to be your main at time by a click or key.

You can then choose to 'broadcast' to all or specific game instances, so their mouse and key selections can be in virtual 100% sync making even a click based targeting easy to handle. I did this very thing to select the warp gates in between sectors and then click the gate button in that old emulator, which had similar latency and optimization problems like FC engine does. (meaning even the lag you see in game is not going to through it for much of a loop, it is quite sophisticated software)

I can see how this could be used for a lot of evil in this game. However, I don't think simply removing the macros like follow etc. is going to fix anything long term. I believe it will just annoy the people who do like those conveniences and aren't multi-boxing through software.

Unfortunately I don't see how they will be able to implement an effective ban for use of such software, since it doesn't actually break any rules from the EULA. And even if they did decide to do this, it's going to be even harder to accurately handle/detect due to the way these types of software are implemented (much like a virtual machine which is totally legitimate on its own).

And based on what I've read so far on this recent issue with the borderline cheating (I've only just returned a few days ago myself), they are going to keep coming up with new ways to bypass any protection Funcom puts in place, and in the process ripping more and more features out of AO more than likely. Perhaps instead we should try to think a bit more outside of the box rather than the wack-a-mole approach.

I don't have a grand solution or anything either, but I too would be miffed if I encountered what you are all describing, and knowing how easy that would be to accomplish has now opened my eyes to be concerned as well

Perhaps instead we start looking at some metrics and look for patterns first. For example if we notice more often than not you are seeing many froob accounts doing this especially then it can can be used as a detection method so appropriate measures could be then put in place. Perhaps running x+ froob accounts at once would constitute money shelling out, sub conversion, etc. etc. some sort of deterrent (or at least making FC money to allocate proper resources to find a better solution). If it turned out it was paying customers doing this equally we would then need to decide what behaviors were deemed 'fishy' or abusable and then see if we can find a creative solution to the bigger problem.

I'm not saying I want all this but just thinking that perhaps we can find alternative ways to deter the ones clearly abusing the system instead of finding a way to negate any ability to do it, because that is a battle I fear that will be never ending.

Just my 2 credits

It has nothing with luck if in 1 second you get following message:
    (15:08) Attacked by Alphamaniac2!
    (15:08) Attacked by Probuildah!
    (15:08) Attacked by Proman!
    (15:08) Attacked by Drmuppet!
    (15:08) Attacked by Fullgubbe!

When clans did the 2 RIs and pulverized omnis towers, i was about to ask clans if i could join. Then i realized that other RI would gank me in a second, cause of tabbing.

So i came and watch the fight, from the very long distance, and clans was way more than omnis.

Suppose omnis was 2 teams (and the didnt seemed more to me), the two RIs was 12 teams 12/2=6 hitting you.

:>
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    When clans did the 2 RIs and pulverized omnis towers, i was about to ask clans if i could join. Then i realized that other RI would gank me in a second, cause of tabbing.

So i came and watch the fight, from the very long distance, and clans was way more than omnis.

Suppose omnis was 2 teams (and the didnt seemed more to me), the two RIs was 12 teams 12/2=6 hitting you.

:>
    Do you see any clans on my list ?
    What is chance that 6 omnis will tab you at same time(within 1sec) from list of 2xRI of clans inside tower field ?

Btw i was in different tower defense where were from omni side 1xMB, 215 fix and 207 agent.
    Agent and fix are not in the list who attacks me.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Dont make me resub (ryomae).

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    Dont make me resub (ryomae).
    u should, ud be 150 master now that im gone
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty