Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixer long HoT bugged?

The understanding I got from reading the monthly updates is that virtually all other buffs are getting this change, Mark of Peril got changed a while back for example, this is just the turn of fixer nanos.

Obviously something like a wrangle is probably going to stay short term, but then maybe traders will get the equivalent of the fgrid containers in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Ask any trader which buff they'd like to have increased for 4h if the opportunity was there so not to get harassed.
    Or maybe people's views on helping others with their toolset should change. Not sayin people have to jump up and buff everyone and their pet leet, nor am I sayin people aren't occasionally rude about asking for buffs, but should boil down to this: we're all in this together, as it were, so a little bit of altruism never hurt.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    The understanding I got from reading the monthly updates is that virtually all other buffs are getting this change, Mark of Peril got changed a while back for example, this is just the turn of fixer nanos.

Obviously something like a wrangle is probably going to stay short term, but then maybe traders will get the equivalent of the fgrid containers in exchange.

Or maybe people's views on helping others with their toolset should change. Not sayin people have to jump up and buff everyone and their pet leet, nor am I sayin people aren't occasionally rude about asking for buffs, but should boil down to this: we're all in this together, as it were, so a little bit of altruism never hurt.
    I will still buff you, no worries, it was just an example.

People just don't seem to grasp that these long durations will give very weird OP conditions in some area's. Now the game will change into a NCU twinking game (above anything else) and just load the crap amount of buff for 4h. My lvl 60 Keeper is pritty gimp in the NCU department however with some minor tricks I think I'm gonna like the hell out of this (Any low lvl toon will like this alot). So will Agents have the oportunity to load up two profession every 20min with 4h lasting buffs never to bother again with expiration times before another TP becomes available. In fact an Agent can load him selve with all professions 4h buffs before the first 4h buff will run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    I will still buff you, no worries, it was just an example.

People just don't seem to grasp that these long durations will give very weird OP conditions in some area's. Now the game will change into a NCU twinking game (above anything else) and just load the crap amount of buff for 4h. My lvl 60 Keeper is pritty gimp in the NCU department however with some minor tricks I think I'm gonna like the hell out of this (Any low lvl toon will like this alot). So will Agents have the oportunity to load up two profession every 20min with 4h lasting buffs never to bother again with expiration times before another TP becomes available. In fact an Agent can load him selve with all professions 4h buffs before the first 4h buff will run out.
    I believe our disagreement comes from the fact that you consider that the 4 hours duration buffs are bringing something new to the game but all these buffs were already here before.

It would seem that you usually play using your character's own buffs only but i'm sure plenty of people already used outside buffs most of the time, including me.

With 5 froob accounts, i can get any froob-friendly buff at any given time. Raising those buffs to 4 hours mostly help people who don't already have froob accounts for buffing and have to bug other players for buffs while making life easier to everone.

Twinking NCU already was very important, specially at low levels, that's nothing new.

Now that you speak of agents, they are the only ones who are getting something new but that is due to the self-only buffs lasting 4 hours not the ones you can use on others, they could have already gotten them from other characters anyway. Now they can effectively get self-only buffs from several professions at the same time. While this is in fact an improvement, i believe agents wont sundenly become OP because of this.
    Expansion Characters
    Fataleet Shade 220/30/70 - Racket Trader on his way

Froob Characters
    Broadie Fixer 200 - Amerigo Adventurer 200 - Banknote Trader 200 - Ghoti Agent 200 - Burningred MA 200 - Hemato Doctor 200 - Fonzzi NT 200

The 4 hours are nice, just wish more of them lasted that long. The problem about low toons with large buffs has been around forever. Only solution is to level lock the target instead of the castor. Most likely not going to happen so no complaints about the duration of said buffs.

That said, I also noted that the shadowlands hots last for hours in ncu, but the benefits only last the old durations.

Lifebond and Lasting Life are still on 180 ticks... when will this be changed?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Bumping this, can we get a fix for Life Bond and Lasting life please? We're past the one year anniversary of these still being wonky.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Bump again ...

These still do not work more than six months later and at least a couple patches.

Please fix!

Emma

Funcom works on a different time-frame than the rest of us. From their point of view, fixing this sometime around the heat death of the universe would still be considered "soon"

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Funcom works on a different time-frame than the rest of us. From their point of view, fixing this sometime around the heat death of the universe would still be considered "soon"
    That's still too fast for FC these days.
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12