Thread: Professional Guides

Professional Guides

Its too bad some of the pro's in there respected profession couldn't update some of the guides.
    I know its not fun and not easy and takes a lot of time, but its frustrating as a returning player trying to figure out all the new things and a lot of the guides are 2004, 2006, 2010 etc.
    This is not meant to be a whining post just a comment.

Flame away!

Cai
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

I planned to after some upcoming changes make it to live.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I've got a pretty good enforcer guide... it's mostly for PVM, but it's a good read... I wonder how out of date the enforcer guide is.

Why not post this in the profession forums?

Yah would love to see updated Crat stuff. I mean some of it has stayed the same but alot has changed if you havent played in years like me. At least in the crat forums the prof seems pretty dead.

The problem is theres stuff thats constantly changing (kinda). Its a huge pain for professionals to constantly redo guides as well. Asking on the proffesional forums about whats changed since 20XX normally gets you plenty of helpful people responding and filling you in though.

Also worth noting that there's not /that/ much needs changing in *any* of the guides imo. With the exception of a few endgame pieces, most of the older information is still as current and useful as it was previously. If you're needing a guide by TL7 and Endgame and you're unable to pick up the information from the forum posts or patchnotes...well, yeah...

PS, Both Crat Profs are alive & well last I checked.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Everything that remains stickied in the Trader forum is relevant from what I can tell. If people want a hand-holding guide from 1-220 I can do that, but then people wont explore the Trader kit and discover its nuances and hidden quirks.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.