Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ETA on 14.6 and Patchnotes?

To become a Tester

It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by BoomDoom

I hate that line of thought. This is a service, we pay for it, it is well within our rights to ask for and expect reasonable things, such as when they plan to change someting in the game we expect to be told what they are changing. That's really not unreasonable.
    The service you pay for is the use of Funcom's game servers and bandwidth and the storage of your characters. Anything else is just a courtesy, testlive, these forums etc.

Anything they tell us bout future plans is a courtesy. Any notice of our views is a courtesy. They don't *have* to do any of these things. OK, so not doing some of them probably would not be a good idea but that is a business decision rather than having anything to do with 'rights'.

Now, having said all that, it would be nice to get more information particularly where bug fixes and item changes are concerned.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by Darkbane

The service you pay for is the use of Funcom's game servers and bandwidth and the storage of your characters. Anything else is just a courtesy, testlive, these forums etc.

Anything they tell us bout future plans is a courtesy. Any notice of our views is a courtesy. They don't *have* to do any of these things. OK, so not doing some of them probably would not be a good idea but that is a business decision rather than having anything to do with 'rights'.
    Bull. I pay for the game, not for the servers. The game includes all the things you mentioned and more. It includes continued improvements, customer service, and various kinds of technical support. I pay for the game to evolve. I expect to know what that evolution is as a part of normal customer service relations, which by the way, I pay for. Its sheer fantasy for Funcom or anyone else to say that if it doesn't have to do with storage of the character or bandwidth then its a free extra. We pay for the entirity of the game and the support that goes with that. If Funcom wants to provide a server, some bandwidth, and then store my character for $13 a month then they can bugger off, because that's not how it works...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Arrow

Wrong. You pay for the servers, the bandwidth, the developers, the customer relations, the cleaners, the office staff etc.

The game is what you get in return.

Its a twisted way of looking at it to be sure, but its closer to the truth. The game is a means to an end. Actually, the computer games industry doesn't quite fit this picture, as these things often get started out of a love of games, not out of a love of money. But that doesn't, and cannot last, the money has to take top spot.

But yes, you should expect all these things, even from a purely business perspective, as not having them is not likely to ba a good business plan.

And remember, the only real 'right' you have here is to take your money elsewhere, but thats capitalism for you.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by BoomDoom

Bull. I pay for the game, not for the servers. The game includes all the things you mentioned and more. It includes continued improvements, customer service, and various kinds of technical support. I pay for the game to evolve. I expect to know what that evolution is as a part of normal customer service relations, which by the way, I pay for. Its sheer fantasy for Funcom or anyone else to say that if it doesn't have to do with storage of the character or bandwidth then its a free extra. We pay for the entirity of the game and the support that goes with that. If Funcom wants to provide a server, some bandwidth, and then store my character for $13 a month then they can bugger off, because that's not how it works...
    ROFL, you really believe that? Read the EULA, that's what you pay for. They don't have to tell you anything, says so right in Paragraph 2.

From the EULA

You understand that we may update or otherwise enhance the Software at any time and in doing so incur no obligation to furnish such updates to you pursuant to this Agreement.
    They can change anything they want, and aren't under any obligation to provide you with any information.

As the other poster said, what information they give to us is just good business sense. They would PREFER to have customers happy with them, but they aren't under any obligation to provide info to us.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wrecklass

ROFL, you really believe that? Read the EULA, that's what you pay for. They don't have to tell you anything, says so right in Paragraph 2.

HAHAHA

You obviously live on government controlled land somewhere in Europe where you all grind cheese whenever you want and frolic in the fields pick daisies. They are obligated to update and provide new content and tell us about it. You know why? Because other companies will, and if they won't then i'll wave them goodbye when their company sinks into the earth.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Arrow

Excatly what I said...

And remember, the only real 'right' you have here is to take your money elsewhere, but thats capitalism for you.

Doesn't mean wrecklass wasn't correct though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12