Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETA on 14.6 and Patchnotes?

ETA on 14.6 and Patchnotes?

I don't see any posted, but since 14.6 is on testlive I was wondering where I could get ahold of the patchnotes. Thanks.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Eh they'll change stuffs around for 2 weeks, decided they don't like it, roll the patch back 2 more weeks, add in a feature that further makes life miserable for engies then they'll patch
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

they will post it when it ready

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

And it will be ready when?

Its been a week since the patch went to test. How long after they finished the patch does it take to develope preliminary patch notes.

Funcom are the only people that i know that have a finished product before they have a preliminary list of the things in the product. Does that seem weird to anyone else?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Patch notes should be up well before the patch is applied. Or does FC have no general idea about what they're gonna implement in 14.6 atm? That's the impression I'm getting from the missing patch notes...

I'm more getting the impression that they've added a whole bunch of things and are not sure which ones will be fully ready for release when the patch comes out.

Rather than promise some features in the patch notes and have to say, "Oops, that's not ready yet," and push some features back, they're being reticent with the notes.

If certain people (they know who they are), didn't take every word that FC says as a blood oath promise, we might have patch notes. :P
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    I'm more getting the impression that they've added a whole bunch of things and are not sure which ones will be fully ready for release when the patch comes out.

Rather than promise some features in the patch notes and have to say, "Oops, that's not ready yet," and push some features back, they're being reticent with the notes.

If certain people (they know who they are), didn't take every word that FC says as a blood oath promise, we might have patch notes. :P
    rofl...amen...but it is getting a bit late now....how bout a list of things they DO know will be in 14.6...like enf/sold changes.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Soon (tm). There's a lot to fix in the version on TestLive so it might take a little while.

Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

In my profession, when the designers release a patch without providing release notes, we question them if they are lazy or sloppy. I do not expect that funcom developers are guilty of either of these things. I do not think they would make something without direction or be able to express what they have done. Lacking release notes the testers are set adrift without knowing what to test. Lacking release notes, the rest of the downstream groups are unaware of what has gone on. While that information may be understood within the design community, its an assumtion that never survives too much probing. The designers are doing a good job here, and we like the stuff they are putting out. I am sure that they are neither lazy or sloppy, and that failing to provide good release notes to their has just been a failure in the communication process. I would hate to think that the design community is spending more time saying its someone elses responsibility to do this work, and just make sure it is done. These release notes do form a part of the whole package that some of your customers really enjoy.

So, could some responsible, competant person in FC make sure that we get these notes?

ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

You've got partial patch notes on the TestLive dimension launcher... the rest they won't tell because apparently they're considered spoilers

Arrow

The patch notes we got combined with the efforts of the DB rippers gave us testers quite a bit of info whilst leaving a few suprises (where the *?!%? did that robot come from...)

The patch notes for the next version (14.6.0.2) need to be considerably more detailed in terms of fixes to items and game-play bugs, again without containing spoilers.

Sure full patch notes would be nice, but to be honest, by and large there lack has had little real effect on testing.

I *would* like pretty complete patch note *before* 14.6 goes live, at least a week before ideally. But I doubt we're in that timescale yet...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by Animosity
    In my profession, when the designers release a patch without providing release notes, we question them if they are lazy or sloppy.
    It's not released yet. Hold your friggin horses, people.

Furrfu.
    --

Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

It's not released yet. Hold your friggin horses, people.
    It is released, its on Test. Also, since when does it need to be released to have the preliminary patch notes? Once there's a final patch released to live its a little late for the preliminary notes, don't you think?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

I wouldnt expect 14.6 on live anytime soon though....its still a big mess, go to the testserver and take a look for yourself and you'll agree with me =)

What i can tell, the new subwaydungeons will be a BIG HIT under the lower level players for sure =) (if they can fix all the bad things in there that is)

Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by BoomDoom

It is released, its on Test.
    It a *pre-release* patch that is very likely to undergo major revision before it hits live. Many of the things we are seeing there may not be on live.
    Example: If NPC pets remain as broken as they are now, there's no way they'll take it live.

The reason we don't have any patch notes is what I stated before: If they release patch notes and have to change them ("Sorry guys, that's not quite ready yet"), the whiner brigade will be out in force.

Just like now. They can't win.

Also, since when does it need to be released to have the preliminary patch notes? Once there's a final patch released to live its a little late for the preliminary notes, don't you think?
    The preliminary patch notes are provided as a courtesy to us.
    There is nothing that says that they *ever* have to give them to us. Sheol, they don't even have to provide the test server!
    They could one day tell us, "Sorry, the Test server is causing more trouble than it's worth," and close it down and it would be fully within their rights!

Get off the freakin soapboxes and concentrate on trying to give useful feedback about the patch!
    Note: "If this goes live, I quit!" is not useful feedback. :P
    --

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

It a *pre-release* patch that is very likely to undergo major revision before it hits live. Many of the things we are seeing there may not be on live.
    Example: If NPC pets remain as broken as they are now, there's no way they'll take it live.

Fine, then I'd expect some pre-release notes, like say perhaps something referred to as Preliminary Patch Notes

The reason we don't have any patch notes is what I stated before: If they release patch notes and have to change them ("Sorry guys, that's not quite ready yet"), the whiner brigade will be out in force.

Yeah, and? IT also brings out the people that defend Funcom for their decision, they can't lose!

The preliminary patch notes are provided as a courtesy to us.
    There is nothing that says that they *ever* have to give them to us. Sheol, they don't even have to provide the test server!
    They could one day tell us, "Sorry, the Test server is causing more trouble than it's worth," and close it down and it would be fully within their rights!

I hate that line of thought. This is a service, we pay for it, it is well within our rights to ask for and expect reasonable things, such as when they plan to change someting in the game we expect to be told what they are changing. That's really not unreasonable.

Get off the freakin soapboxes and concentrate on trying to give useful feedback about the patch!

Sure, as soon as they tell me what's in it.
    [/B]
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lazy, sloppy, or otherwise?

Originally posted by BoomDoom

Sure, as soon as they tell me what's in it.
    On Test Server
    Build Notes for patch currently on the test server:

Items in this category have been moved from internal testing onto the open Test Server, and are ready for you guys to test.

We will try to provide a full explanation of all the features and changes, so you know exactly what will be going onto the live servers once the patch has been found to be bug-free. There will also be a link to a discussion thread regarding what is being tested, so that you will again have the opportunity to give your input.

We have now patched version 14.6.0.1 to the test servers. We have not yet been able to compile all the preliminary patch-notes, but here are some of the changes:

New character creation.

New arrival hall.

New dungeon for lower level players, "Condemned Subways".

Revamp of Atrox hit-points and Nanomage nano-pool.

Increased experience from all outdoor mobs.

New nanos, armor and weapons.

These are only some of the changes in this patch. A complete list will be published soon.

--------------------------------------

Look, some prelim patch notes.
    So test what you can find from this list, plus the obvious stuff like the NPC pets, and quit griping.

But that's right, you don't actually care about testing the new patch or having FC get useful feedback, you just want to complain. :P
    --

Right, and those are the headlines for topics, which would need details in them to be of any use. What those things say is:

"We, um, did things, you know, to stuff, to um, have features, that um, allow the player, um, access to things, to um, make the game uh, fun because of the new, um, content"

Its admirable how you want to defend funcom for doing nothing, but there's nothing to defend. The patch has been on test for more then a week and they remain uable to tell us what's in the patch. They should have notes to accompany the patch on test, end of story.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Patch Note Mayhem

The patch notes will be ready as soon as they beat them out of the dev's.

Seems the dev's have decided only THEY need to know. Not even the ARK's and BH's on Test know. Not even NIZNO Knows, and that's bad.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

how do you get to be on the test server anyway?

~herich~ out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast