Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)

It looks like the simple fix was to create a static model with no bones for animation since that was the core of the problem with the dragon models (too many bones for the new engine). It's a perfectly fine fix for the moment being able to actually see them, they just don't have an animation.

Funcom employee

These dragons have been very frustrating in particular, as they have always behaved correctly internally. Some aspect of them seems to keep failing to export...for a while, it was their models and textures...now I just need to figure out how to get their animations working again. I am full of PJSalt.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thumbs down

Just a quick note to the powers that be - I was just taking a low lvl toon to totw and the portal in Rome don't work but the Windcaller Cerrak is still more than happy to take your 1000 creds - Could I suggest that the windcaller is removed or tells you to go to the windcaller in ICC. It will only confuse returning players to the game.

Datch - Pres of DOC

Clans are mass petitioning people that multi log in tower gas as predicted....

The tower pvp today was alot of fun though, without assist docs actually get a chance to heal and no one really insta died, clans were absolutely terrible though.
    Last edited by Foob; Sep 18th, 2015 at 22:38:57.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Remove the Tab!©
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

As Aiken said, remove TAB and the ability to press Q (start attack) and we wont have any more issues.

Towers were major fun, to bad i had to go after two battles. Was fun as hellz.

Tab kinda has to stay, since its hard to mouse target....

So kudos for assist change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    The tower pvp today was alot of fun though, without assist docs actually get a chance to heal and no one really insta died, clans were absolutely terrible though.
    Yes, noone really instadied, except the ones that got hit by 5 nukes and those hit by 20 specials in a split second.
    "Multi logging".

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Towers were major fun, to bad i had to go after two battles. Was fun as hellz.
    You are probably the only person on the server that thinks being a meatshiled is "fun as hellz".

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Upcoming PvP Changes
    In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.
    Oh yay.

Like we haven't been suggesting this for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    Clans are mass petitioning people that multi log in tower gas as predicted....

I always managed to heal someone on doc before though!
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Tower wars was a lot of fun today too. Really enjoyed the assist change. No multiboxers to ruin the fun either. Omni was absolutely terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowforcee View Post
    Omni was absolutely terrible though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNjo8e1374

Actually question of interest to myself, what is going on with the steam overlay for AO and is there still progress in that area? I know it was on the to do list a bit ago but havent heard anything about it anymore.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Actually question of interest to myself, what is going on with the steam overlay for AO and is there still progress in that area? I know it was on the to do list a bit ago but havent heard anything about it anymore.
    i wonder to, i realy want ao out on steam so we can get new players.

Michi, this is a fantastic question and something many people I have spoken with are wondering about. Can we please get some input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Michi, this is a fantastic question and something many people I have spoken with are wondering about. Can we please get some input on this?
    qft and seconded and so say we all

Funcom employee

It is something that we still need to figure out how to get working with the old engine client. It is very high on my short-list of things to resolve, as getting AO on steam is something we all want, and have begun preparations for.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thanks for the reply Michi, good to hear. I was under the impression that it wasnt compatible with the old engine at all however due to Dx sub 9. I sort of figured only the new client would function with it.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast