Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Rubi-Ka running out of creds?

missions for animas, 220 trader with maxed comp lit and comp lit boosting equips.

EZ monehs

Loaded a few nanos into GMI, 3 mid to high level advy and a couple of mid level agent. Nothing exotic, just items that would be wanted if leveling those toons and actually playing them. Collectively, they were worth less than 60k on GMI if I priced at the bottom and 50k of that was from a higher advy nano. The rest people were dumping for under 2k each. I withdrew and sold them as shop fodder and made about 200k.

GMI is wrecked. This is just bread and butter stuff that you sell for 250k and save someone the trouble of a dyna or clicksaver session. Hardly any of that stuff is worth selling at the moment. If isn't exotic, you may as well shop food it. Anything requiring more effort on random stuff you loot isn't worth the inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    missions for animas, 220 trader with maxed comp lit and comp lit boosting equips.

EZ monehs
    Traders are a myth
    Cranberri-220 Enforcer and proud president of Riders of the Lost Org
    Daydreams-220 Engineer who will build all your things
    Promised-220 Trader thank you Funcom for making my trader uber again!
    Shimmering-220 AR Soldier pew pew pew
    Merci-220 Doctor who may or may not heal you, it's nothing personal
    Hartbreaker-220 Crat wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Promised View Post
    Traders are a myth
    I've always wanted to be Mythical.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Loaded a few nanos into GMI, 3 mid to high level advy and a couple of mid level agent. Nothing exotic, just items that would be wanted if leveling those toons and actually playing them. Collectively, they were worth less than 60k on GMI if I priced at the bottom and 50k of that was from a higher advy nano. The rest people were dumping for under 2k each. I withdrew and sold them as shop fodder and made about 200k.

GMI is wrecked. This is just bread and butter stuff that you sell for 250k and save someone the trouble of a dyna or clicksaver session. Hardly any of that stuff is worth selling at the moment. If isn't exotic, you may as well shop food it. Anything requiring more effort on random stuff you loot isn't worth the inventory space.
    Saddly common nanos are worth about 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

So what you're saying is that new players can now afford things! Praise to Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    So what you're saying is that new players can now afford things! Praise to Michi!
    No. How do new players make money? After people stop dumping nanos for 1000 creds on GMI because it is easier than withdrawing them and picking them up to dispose of as shop fodder where do you think the prices will settle?

Edit: Also, new players? Where?

supply and demand.

If people stop posting nanos and they are unavailable or too expensive, people will just mission for nanos instead. Some people will then take advantage of this and offer blitzing services or run missions and pick up all the popular nanos and put them on GMI.

Saw 2-3 new players in totw in the last 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    supply and demand.

If people stop posting nanos and they are unavailable or too expensive, people will just mission for nanos instead. Some people will then take advantage of this and offer blitzing services or run missions and pick up all the popular nanos and put them on GMI.

Saw 2-3 new players in totw in the last 2 hours
    That's cool on the new players. How are they equipping their toons? Maybe they use the leveling newcomer's armor?

the stats on it aren't amazing but it's still good enough to fill an empty spot. Didn't inspect but I imagine it's newcomer's armour with bits and pieces like exarch robe and curator's gloves mixed in

As a vet I was somewhat blinkered to the plight or importance of the "new player".

But on reflection, I think I see things like this.
    People play this game and after an initial learning curve,(for AO's learning curve read impossible overhanging cliff of doom with pikes zombies and fire) either drift away or remain a few years.
    Some remain and become a more fundamental part of the game ie a vet or have several toons/accounts.

There needs to be a means for new people to get started to replace those that drift away to keep the system running.

And yes there really are new people joining AO after all this time, I get messages on my channel about "I just started after watching your videos, what's the main story quest line?" and similar in-game tells.
    And I'll always help these people out in a limited fashion ie teach a man to fish.

For creds I would farm LE bio's and 280+ implants with my fixer, he made a good living at it.
    That market is still there but the scale is different LE's would sell for 40-60mill now they sell for 5-20 mill, sounds like a disaster on the face of it, until I look at things I want to buy for my toons... they are all also much cheaper too.
    CC armor at one point this spring was selling at 1.6-2.2 bill seemingly unattainable prices for newer players, now it's selling at 300-600 mill and lower sometimes.

So really the price point has moved across the board, only a handful of extremely rare items sell at close to the old prices.
    Making more likely a newer player hitting 210+ will stay as they can progress more easily into better gear with out checking GMI and thinking "oh just forget it"

I don't think RK is running out of creds, I think the vast inflation bubble burst and things are now leveling out.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Sep 1st, 2015 at 11:33:40.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

And if it ends up you not being able to support a city with all the bling, downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Still doing just fine. I'm not even close to richest in Storm, and completely ignoring what's already in our org bank, I could support our city rent for around 2 years without earning a single cred more than I've got now.
    ^ And he just sits there talking about Pizza and laser cats.

No. How do new players make money? After people stop dumping nanos for 1000 creds on GMI because it is easier than withdrawing them and picking them up to dispose of as shop fodder where do you think the prices will settle?

Edit: Also, new players? Where?
    If the nanos are being sold for 1-2k each, somehow I think that new players won't have an issue even without being able to sell nanos to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemicrusher View Post
    ^ And he just sits there talking about Pizza and laser cats.
    Freaking laser cats!
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Freaking laser cats!
    No, no..It was Frikken Sharks With Lazer Beams - Do get it right!!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    No, no..It was Frikken Sharks With Lazer Beams - Do get it right!!
    My cycloptic colleague informs me that that can't be done.

What we have are sea bass. Mutated sea bass.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post

The best Dreamcast game, or the BEST Dreamcast game?

Focus on farming items that can be sold to the game where all of the money is "printed" and fill whatever "wtb" orders that you can off of Neutnet. Grab all the junk you can from bosses to cover fixed costs (stims, mission rolls, implants) do not rely on no drop sells for income or you will find depression and watch glorious hard to obtain items rotting or collecting dust as social gear. Gone are the days of 1bil social items. Hello ramen noodles and off brand cigarettes ladies things gonna get tight but the hardcore will remain as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post

Lmfao CLASSIC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast