Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Rubi-Ka running out of creds?

Is Rubi-Ka running out of creds?

my org is running out of creds, city rent is hurting. hows everyone else?

This sounds like a good thing! Start selling your AI armor for cheap :P

In all seriousness, deflation is a good thing in an MMO. It lowers the entry requirements, allowing more people to get in and have fun with less "work."
    Last edited by Veebz; Aug 2nd, 2015 at 19:32:55.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Big cities with all the goodies are only meant to be supported by large orgs, get a small farm city, think it was 25m a month for just enough for city raids.

Still doing just fine. I'm not even close to richest in Storm, and completely ignoring what's already in our org bank, I could support our city rent for around 2 years without earning a single cred more than I've got now.

Yup our mid size org earns around 3 city rents per month. If your org has less than 5-10 active people, why not merge up. Game is more fun with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'm on my own, have 2 large cities, have to keep my paid accounts (3) active with grace, I dont struggle but I gotta admit since recent patches the past 2 years, its become alot more difficult and it takes alot of my time to make it work, but so far, still running for another 6 months at least, its harder, granted, but not impossible

We will be back to farming pearls, monster parts and all junk to sell it to shop terminals soon ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    We will be back to farming pearls, monster parts and all junk to sell it to shop terminals soon ...
    Don't laugh, my first paid toon (soldier!) still has pharma IP'ed from monster part farming when I started!

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
    Don't laugh, my first paid toon (soldier!) still has pharma IP'ed from monster part farming when I started!
    I am serious. I am even finishing 220 trader with 100% focus on maxing comp lit for better prices
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I am serious. I am even finishing 220 trader with 100% focus on maxing comp lit for better prices
    I'm still working on that trader hehe

GMI is cutthroat right now. It is difficult to move less exotic items at a decent price or rate. Not that many are buying. Still many people who just completely neglect to equip their toons on the way to TL7 making it slow to move TL4 and 5 gear.

Much of the gear that used to sell fairly well isn't even worth wasting the inventory space for in GMI.

Still, I get what I need for the most part, it just takes longer than it used to.

My experience with GMI in the last few months is I place a Symb or Nano worth 20m into GMI. Next day I look and it has been undercut by half, and then that guy has been undercut by half.

Buying/tradeskilling/re-selling AI armor is high risk, low margin. Nano and Symb markets are insanely cutthroat. I've been having trouble finding ways to make consistent money for sure.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    My experience with GMI in the last few months is I place a Symb or Nano worth 20m into GMI. Next day I look and it has been undercut by half, and then that guy has been undercut by half.

Buying/tradeskilling/re-selling AI armor is high risk, low margin. Nano and Symb markets are insanely cutthroat. I've been having trouble finding ways to make consistent money for sure.
    That being undercut by half or more has me just pulling items from GMI pretty often lately. I sometimes relist them but as often as not they will just rot in a bag or if marginal to begin with, become shop food. Nanos are especially prone to this right now. It is like a race to the bottom of the pricing barrel. I will shop food any nano before listing it for 100k. It isn't worth the GMI space at some point.

Everybody has been hording for so long, it's about time they sell it cheap.

Regarding the city's just reduce your amount of buildings, 25m a month should be easly farmable by running simple RK missions (people seem to have forgotten these).
    In respect of the City's, % drop chance should be linked to the building count a city has. Bigger city, more buildings = a better chance (slight) then the crappy farm city's.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

My primary org (Core) city - large one with all "buffing"/mandatory buildings and some "luxury" ones, ~131.5mil monthly upkeep atm (old outdoors city had ~85mil upkeep). Used to be fully funded from GMS shop taxes ages ago, then by GMI tax refund.
    Back in ~2011-1013 being org president I had to lower shop tax from 5% to 3% and then to 2%, just to avoid org bank overflow and necessity to deal with these extra creds.
    After all AI cities become instanced - 1% GMI tax refund used to generate 150-250mil/month.
    This month - 1st time when city upkeep not covered by GMI refund - org got only ~120-125mil refund for last 30 days
    Several other orgs in our alliance mostly funded directly by it's leaders/vet players by doing 1-2 DB3 runs / month done by alliance and putting income from these to org banks.
    My pocket city (Core Boot Camp) - med with all "buffing" buildings, ~100mil upkeep regularly raided by 3-5 peoples(beside me), 100% funded by myself and it's n/p for me.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

No need to put new ingots IG, but FC should adjust down the prices for AI-cities quite a bit. At least by half or preferably by two thirds. It does seem that the money is gone for most ppl (along with most ppl!).

I dont' think ppl are going to enjoy pearl farming for 130m each month very much.

Maybe not every org should have a large city with every building.

Not every org should, true. However it has been years since the game evolved to every person being able to get and keep a city. That has become a shock to people to have to change that. People should definitely look into merging into larger, more established orgs, or merging with a few smaller orgs.

Current city upkeep prices are OK, as well as other "cred-sinks" introduced by FC during last ~1.5 years.
    And there are no real need in "pearl farming for 130m each month"

Real problem is badly-designed GMI, which give benefits only to re-sellers who parasite on it.

2 weeks ago I'm started another experiment on GMI - currently logging min prices on sell-orders, 30-day "trail" in count of sales done and some estimate about GMI sales done via sell-orders. Also doing my best to prevent re-sellers buying 192+ strong bots via buy-orders.

So far:
    - total 30-day "trail" count of (re)sales lowered by ~13%
    - average price in sell-orders increased by ~25%
    - average price for real sales done in GMI increased by ~20%
    - only 7 of ~25 bots sold on GMI during last 2 weeks were bought by me, 2-3 were still bought by resellers (I can't check/update GMI prices every 2-3h). And rest ~15 bought by regular players for real use
    - said experiment costs me ~300-320mil so far and already covered by income from selling CM armor made from these strong bots

So even single person can partially stop current deflation by preventing resales.

But real actions to handle it shall be done by game developers/designers:
    - please disallow to make buy orders, when offered price is less than 80% of existing cheapest sell-order, or less than 90% of average price for real sales done during last month
    - for most sought items like AI armor - please also check orders on it parts
    - please introduce extra 10-20% GMI tax for resales done in less than month (or at least week)
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Lol, reselling makes market more efficient, and spreads lower. You can always spot a reseller, since they buy in bulk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast