Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - July 2015 (Summertime Blues)

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The "immortal one" is actually Thanos or Darkseid.
    Actually... Apocalypse, also known as En Sabah Nur would more correctly be The "immortal one". Thanos and Darksied can both be killed.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Not to mention Apocalypse is so much cooler than Thanos or Darkseid (although the new gods world and mythos is pretty awesome.)

Great, looks like for forseable future AO will be fun to play.

Atleast till late 2016 but by then we can do rome skyscraper of adventute instance. And if development is good, I can see myself paying for even more gametime.

Also looking forward, to these so called small balance tweaks. MA needs to start doing 15k crits with fists please at endgame ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    MA needs to start doing 15k crits with fists please at endgame ..
    capped at 13k and you need a damn good Toon + a beneficial Teamsetup .... 2 more Perks and a generally better Cycle/Dmg is the Way to go imho ...
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Or that. Hehe or nerf shades...

Right now im sure all can agree most op professions in pvp pvm are NTs and Shades. Nerf a bit. Lower dd on doubles, nerf Aad Aao drains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Or that. Hehe or nerf shades...

Right now im sure all can agree most op professions in pvp pvm are NTs and Shades. Nerf a bit. Lower dd on doubles, nerf Aad Aao drains.
    Shades are actually in a somewhat decent place right now. They have about a 50% viability versus all other 14 professions at TL7 (Where most balance efforts have been). NTs are certainly overpowered, but mainly only during their defensive nanos (Nanobot Aegis and Nullity Sphere). Other issues that contribute to NT's OPness are ones not exclusive to the profession - the general OPness of ranged, the ability of roots/snares to be spammed, and the ineffectiveness of NR against dedicated casters.

Agents are currently more OP than any other profession ever has been in AO's history. They have an alpha that is VERY easy to land and does 1.5 times the damage of a Shade alpha, taking less than half the time to fire off. This is also coupled with them having an objectively ridiculous new defense nanoline (Look at Disappear).

All of this is moot, however, because balance between professions is something FunCom will never achieve in this game without radical changes (in other words - a different game). What the developers SHOULD be focused on is making combat FUN and ENGAGING for all players all the time.

This community is utterly garbage at being objective - everyone only wants their own main character to succeed in PvP at the expense of all others. Listening to highly biased Professionals has led to these unbalance issues. That's why I groan anytime I see patch notes talking about balance tweaks and changes. If the combat was simply made more fun, then balance wouldn't be as much of a concern.
    Last edited by Veebz; Aug 9th, 2015 at 16:38:33.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

I meant shade in pvm, and nt in pvp. But yeah make combat more fun. We need a change at fundamental level, how hits, specials, perks, nanos land on target. Because things are greatlly out of whack at 220.

Personally whatever is nerfed orbuffed, there is always another profession I can play.

Pvp just feels flawed.

Oh my gosh. I just finished the AO book. Are we going to get to take down Dr. Drake?
    Last edited by myabi55; Aug 10th, 2015 at 19:37:03.

Quote Originally Posted by myabi55 View Post
    Oh my gosh. I just finished the AO book. Are we going to get to take down Dr. Drake?
    That was such a moment when I first finished PwH...I envy you sir!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    That was such a moment when I first finished PwH...I envy you sir!
    Yea I've been trying to read through the various wiki pages to see if Dr. Drake is in the game somewhere but couldn't find anything. When I read about someone pulling the strings hiding underground my jaw dropped!

I liked the novel too, though calling it a "novel" is a bit of a stretch. More an outline with a couple of good longer bits.

You will run into Drake if you're a paid player but it's minimal.

Main reason I'm posting:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ion-merger-etc

Sigh, here's hoping.

Legos, poor product launches, and bad marketing will be the death of this company. If someone did acquire it, do you think they would be interested in developing any of the MMO properties? I think TSW might garner some interest, but I don't think AO would.

Any cashflow positive MMO should gather intrest. Ill buy it, provided fc goes very low on price.

Kickstart a company to acquire FC's MMO properties (minus the licensed ones!) and Michi. Do not retain any other employees, but make every attempt to lure the story creators back into the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebz View Post
    Agents are currently more OP than any other profession ever has been in AO's history. They have an alpha that is VERY easy to land and does 1.5 times the damage of a Shade alpha, taking less than half the time to fire off. This is also coupled with them having an objectively ridiculous new defense nanoline (Look at Disappear).
    This is a heavy exaggeration. You don't remember stun procs? You don't remember 40% caps and NTs 1-shotting people with Triples under NBS?

I'll agree Agents are very strong, but they are super easy to kill. Most Agents do not have the nanoskills required to cast Disappear while in FP, and instead use a lower nano. Agent healing was nerfed, and it wasn't good to begin with. Many other profs have seen drastic increases in damage and defense.

My assessment of Agents is that they have a chance to kill any profession that they get the jump on, but can be killed by any profession that gets the jump on them (exception is probably MPs in both ways).
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Agents are far from OP, they are mid tier. Nothing like nt, advy, fixer...

Hello everyone - I hope you all had a nice July! This month was marred by various vacation time and a couple particularly egregious obstacles; Tarasque was being very shy and did not want to be seen within the new engine, despite my best efforts.

14th Anniversary
    Earlier this month, we ended our 14th anniversary celebration! Thank you to everyone who showed up to help The Tinker deal with the Desert Rider and his Nomads. The event was a huge success. While 14 years can be an eternity within the games industry, the game has felt more active and alive than it has previously in recent memory. I am honored to be able to support this historic game in my current capacity, and thank you to our amazing community for keeping Anarchy Online alive.

Upcoming Development
    Development this month was slowed down a fair amount this month due to summer-related shenanigans, as well as being tied up trying to resolve some less-exciting, resilient issues that did not want to be resolved. With vacation being over and some of the aforementioned bugs solved, focus is being directed towards the upcoming patch, 18.8.3, and then forward to new content updates.

The 18.8.3 patch, which I hope to have Testlive-ready next week, will address some balance issues, minor content updates, and some bug fixes. Going forward, I strive to release a patch every 4-6 weeks. While the scope of these updates will not always be Rubi-Ka-shattering, I will still try to devote time regularly to improving what I can and releasing these fixes when they have been implemented and tested. Large content updates will still operate on their own schedules, while these smaller patches will serve as a supplement. With 18.8.3 released to Live, things will start to move into a more reliable and sustainable groove.

As stated last month, the next large content update will be the the Pyramid of Home, which will be an end-game dungeon that will challenge players to see what lurks beneath. The encounter will start from Number 9's chamber, through an all-too-familiar, yet entirely mysterious, door. The content will be designed to send a group of players through a gauntlet of challenges, both new and old, on their way to the showdown with an entity that has been quietly manipulating the events of the world above, and beyond.

Thank you
    This month has had its own set of distractions and obstacles, but I am confident that August will allow for lost time to be made up. Sorry for the short monthly update. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
    Well i've been thinking here and i came to the conclusion that you guys have no idea about what you are doing (still)
    Since you took over, i didnt see anything new in this game. You took Genele's ideas of "Rebalance", some new Inferno missions came up, what else did i miss? New engine? For real? What, you polish game textures, overcloaking graphics and announce "New Engine" ? Is this real? With all those new MMORPG around you came up with this?
    Do you realise the game is becoming empty day after day? Or did anyone in the office?
    So you continue ignoring the community and releasing new TL7 instances after all the issues adressed by the community, like multiboxing and you will very soon ending with a few guys playing this game.
    And if you didnt know, we have an tl7 pvp instance already, its called Will to Fight and its empty.
    Want ideas for new instances? Well maybe you should look at Multiboxing as a serious issue and already killed what it was called PvP and the NW concept.
    When you you look into it and fix this issue maybe you should start thinking of Tl7 Enconters. Like making Camelot and Tara TL6 locked and a new Instance like Tara for TL7 (Already suggested by a mate)
    If you guys cant come up with good ideas you can just look into people's posts and come up with some.
    Ignoring game and community issues and releasing content just like that wont take this anywhere.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I liked the novel too, though calling it a "novel" is a bit of a stretch. More an outline with a couple of good longer bits.

You will run into Drake if you're a paid player but it's minimal.

Main reason I'm posting:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ion-merger-etc

Sigh, here's hoping.
    Where do I run into him? I was trying to find it.

He's at the bridge into Nascence & hands out training missions.

That is is Drake Rodriguez not Roland Drake.
    Demawil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast