Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - July 2015 (Summertime Blues)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - July 2015 (Summertime Blues)

Hello everyone - I hope you all had a nice July! This month was marred by various vacation time and a couple particularly egregious obstacles; Tarasque was being very shy and did not want to be seen within the new engine, despite my best efforts.

14th Anniversary
    Earlier this month, we ended our 14th anniversary celebration! Thank you to everyone who showed up to help The Tinker deal with the Desert Rider and his Nomads. The event was a huge success. While 14 years can be an eternity within the games industry, the game has felt more active and alive than it has previously in recent memory. I am honored to be able to support this historic game in my current capacity, and thank you to our amazing community for keeping Anarchy Online alive.

Upcoming Development
    Development this month was slowed down a fair amount this month due to summer-related shenanigans, as well as being tied up trying to resolve some less-exciting, resilient issues that did not want to be resolved. With vacation being over and some of the aforementioned bugs solved, focus is being directed towards the upcoming patch, 18.8.3, and then forward to new content updates.

The 18.8.3 patch, which I hope to have Testlive-ready next week, will address some balance issues, minor content updates, and some bug fixes. Going forward, I strive to release a patch every 4-6 weeks. While the scope of these updates will not always be Rubi-Ka-shattering, I will still try to devote time regularly to improving what I can and releasing these fixes when they have been implemented and tested. Large content updates will still operate on their own schedules, while these smaller patches will serve as a supplement. With 18.8.3 released to Live, things will start to move into a more reliable and sustainable groove.

As stated last month, the next large content update will be the the Pyramid of Home, which will be an end-game dungeon that will challenge players to see what lurks beneath. The encounter will start from Number 9's chamber, through an all-too-familiar, yet entirely mysterious, door. The content will be designed to send a group of players through a gauntlet of challenges, both new and old, on their way to the showdown with an entity that has been quietly manipulating the events of the world above, and beyond.

Thank you
    This month has had its own set of distractions and obstacles, but I am confident that August will allow for lost time to be made up. Sorry for the short monthly update. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

First

Michi,
    Is there any chance that you look into few threads about Multiboxing (in general and pvp) as well as comment on possibility of changing pvp rank/scores?
    Last edited by Awikun; Jul 31st, 2015 at 19:52:40.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Red face

Wutt first?

Hmm not
    Maxtrim, treehugger and advy

Can't wait for the Pyramid of Home.

Keep up the awesomesauce.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Wtb tasty new items in game, pst!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

keep up the good work

I would like to hear of mb too as it keeps ruining the pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The encounter will start from Number 9's chamber, through an all-too-familiar, yet entirely mysterious, door.
    I hope the door is in the form of the CoH chest.

Also, I'm surprised your youtube link this month wasn't Lana Del Rey

Yaaay fourth...

Soo endgame entrance. Hm what happend to TL4 stuff?
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I thought the TL4 instance was next up as well.

Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

. Going forward, I strive to release a patch every 4-6 weeks.
    I like this, it gives a feeling that the game is actually being developed.

first page again, where's everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by tradeofer View Post
    first page again, where's everyone?
    We are playing the game (for change hehe)
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Yea, only have time for forums when i am at work or before bedtime. Free time is best spent ingame, not like there is nothing to do now with all the changes.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Yaaay fourth...

Soo endgame entrance. Hm what happend to TL4 stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    I thought the TL4 instance was next up as well.
    From May Update: Future Content
    As mentioned in last month's letter, there are two new locations planned to be implemented. While there is still a very considerable amount of work to be done, I will reveal that both The Reck, a southern Rubi-Ka region near Rome, and the Broken Shores pyramid will be where this content takes place. The Reck will contain content aimed for players between roughly level 100 to 150 while the Pyramid of Home will be an end-game encounter.
    -----------------------------

So, is the update to the Reck for level 100 to 150 toons proceeding as well? How close is the new engine to being taken off "beta" status?

Thanks for all the great work and bug fixing.

Emma

Michi continues to Rock AO...way to go!

Anyone know if it's possible relocate toons still logged at Old Newbie Isle to Arete? I don't remember a definite NO anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    First

Michi,
    Is there any chance that you look into few threads about Multiboxing (in general and pvp) as well as comment on possibility of changing pvp rank/scores?
    Yeah it would be great to hear something more than 'We're looking into it' ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast