Thread: Shadowlands failures

Shadowlands failures

Mods: You will probably ban me for this but I am just asking for the community opinion of what to do here as support isn't getting anywhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Feel free to point me in the right direction.

I decided to upgrade my non-paid account to a sloob account to as it is only $5 a month and it gives the froobs I have a bit of a boost (and I wouldn't have to pay for two full accounts). \o/

I hunted down a retail copy of SL and when I entered the key the only subscription options were the full priced ones.

I contacted the AO support team and asked about how to get the SL only $5/mo pricing.

* Support told me that adding SL only to my unpaid account wouldn't actually cost anything (hurray!) and it would just be added to my free account with no monthly fee (I just wouldn't be able to use Mail and GMI).
    * I replied to the email that it was still requesting my CC and a full priced subscription fee.
    * Support responded saying I just needed to enter the CC when adding SL to the account and to remove my payment option once SL was active and I would be good. They also said if any charges / payments were incurred they would fix it.
    * I followed their steps, activated SL and the second I removed my payment option, BAM, account frozen.
    * I emailed them back saying that the account was frozen and that it required a full subscription fee to reactivate.
    * They replied saying that they were very sorry and the information they had provided me was actually incorrect and SL only account was not free, there is no longer a $5/mo plan, and that I would have to pay the full price each month. (They gave me a "Free month" for my troubles.)
    * After multiple emails with the accounts team they keep insisting that there is nothing that can be done about this and I will have to keep paying the full monthly fee to access my account (and the characters I have spent a good amount of time working on.)

My problem is that I was *only* looking for the $5 a month SL program, was promised a $0/mo program and now I am stuck with a full/premium priced SL only account with the froobs I had been leveling. I would not have applied the key if I had been told the correct price. Unless I am willing to pay the $15 a month I have to just kinda give up the account.

Any advice on what to do here? This is all documented in emails and tickets. :-/
    lolSPLAT

IIRC

The sloob program was discontinued a while ago. People who had sloob accounts at the time would be able to retain their payment plan. It would not be possible to create new sloob accounts anymore however.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    IIRC

The sloob program was discontinued a while ago. People who had sloob accounts at the time would be able to retain their payment plan. It would not be possible to create new sloob accounts anymore however.
    Yeah, that is what I was told *after* I activated the SL key after being told multiple times I could get it for the free/lower priced option (and that it would be fixed if I didn't get this option). Why would I convert a froob account to a full priced SL account when I could get all the expansions for the same price?

The problem is, after being told Price X is what I will get, please go ahead and activate your account, I get a higher price Y and now there is no way to back out of it and access the account if I don't pay the higher price. There is no way I would have added the SL key if I hadn't been told it would be free or $5 a month.
    lolSPLAT

They won't revert the changes to your account. Meaning; they will never turn it froob again. The only thing you can do if you don't want to keep paying for it is starting another froob account, and move all your items and creds from the current account to the new one and start again from level 1.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Best/only option is to petition the powers that be (Michizure), and ask to be reverted back to the froob program.
    If you have nothing equipped that requires expansions, and no perks/research done, I don't see it being an issue as it's just (should be) a billing flag that is set.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Best/only option is to petition the powers that be (Michizure), and ask to be reverted back to the froob program.
    If you have nothing equipped that requires expansions, and no perks/research done, I don't see it being an issue as it's just (should be) a billing flag that is set.
    Thanks. I'll give that a try. I haven't logged in to the account since it was updated with SL incase something like this was possible.
    lolSPLAT

Yeah I challenge FC for this because it is fully their fault!