Thread: US Primetime Population/Content Woes

US Primetime Population/Content Woes

I typically play from 19:30-22:30 PDT (US West Coast). The population during these hours is pretty low.

BS runs less than once per night. High level tower fields are not hot during this time. Gauntlet rarely falls in this window and usually misses by about 1-2 hours on either end. LFT typically has less than 10 people and many/most of those are for Inf missions. There are rarely flagged people in Bor. Lootrights for common items often rot. I have only seen two Iraid/Hodorraid messages in 2 months. The wave of accounts with 18.7 have died off and my org is admittedly down to less than 1 team of regular active players during this time.

Are there any orgs/bots/groups/individuals that are active during this time? Anyone else find themselves in a similar situation?
    If there aren't any bots, is there any interest in a (non-raidbot) bot where people can group up for endgame PvM (Beast, 12m, APFs, etc.) with just standard rolling?

Leave a message here on shoot me a tell in-game on Artofmime or Topgear.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

We have a fair number of people online from central.

You're neutral right? you're welcome to join AP chatbot, just say you got referred by noobas.

ask for an invite on Clan OOC. At least you can get an idea of what a large org population looks like during those hours - and compare. Might be a factional thing as well?

just play a game that actually has people
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    just play a game that actually has people
    this

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    At least you can get an idea of what a large org population looks like during those hours - and compare. Might be a factional thing as well?
    I've spent next to no time whatsoever in either OA or WA since getting back to the game after a 4-5 year hiatus so I can't say what clan population really looks like. Bor has been overrun by Omni org spots now (RP sidenote got rid of the guards only to be overtaken by OT citizenry). For the life of me I can't find where all the Neuts hang out now and all the old Neut orgs of yore seem to be like the org Sultry and I are in. Neu. OOC is a ghost town. I don't have access to Leader chat anymore, but I imagine there aren't many active Neut presidents either to organize things with.

So yeah, you are probably right that it's a faction thing.

Also, when I quit Neuts are Clans had a slightly uneasy relationship as a result of some PVM related issues where Neut RLs were getting their phats and then splitting and not raiding again. (It started as such a beautiful idea by Darkempire). I know it's been a few years, but I'd love to do things with Clanners again like S42, Tara and NW
    Last edited by Kopecz; Jul 11th, 2015 at 20:15:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

On Rk2, neuts generally were accepted by either side depending on who they sided with at Tara/whoever. Some neut orgs were more clan leaning or more Omni leaning, but RK1 neuts were dominated by the iron fist of Omni - it's our way or the highway.

Since the merge, my perception is that the iron hand of Omni still persists and that except for a very small number of clan affiliated neut orgs which have political ties, most neut orgs are systematically governed by threat of exile by hellcom, so they, by necessity realign themselves as Omni.

Clan, on the other hand, while not nearly so adamant about alignment, is accepting of neuts as long as they are keen on whatever content is going on, whether it's NW, tara, S42 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mcknucklesamwich View Post
    on rk2, neuts generally were accepted by either side depending on who they sided with at tara/whoever. Some neut orgs were more clan leaning or more omni leaning, but rk1 neuts were dominated by the iron fist of omni - it's our way or the highway.since the merge, my perception is that the iron hand of omni still persists and that except for a very small number of clan affiliated neut orgs which have political ties, most neut orgs are systematically governed by threat of exile by hellcom, so they, by necessity realign themselves as omni.clan, on the other hand, while not nearly so adamant about alignment, is accepting of neuts as long as they are keen on whatever content is going on, whether it's nw, tara, s42 or whatever.
    omni fist of jsutice*

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    omni fist of jsutice*
    pardon em.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Clan, on the other hand, while not nearly so adamant about alignment, is accepting of neuts as long as they are keen on whatever content is going on, whether it's NW, tara, S42 or whatever.
    Good to know. When I was an org pres I really didn't care if my pvpers griefed Clans on Monday and Omnis on Thursday and no one cared about our crappy TL1 tower site . I'm permanently banned from Hellcom on every TL7 I have because griefing TL7 fields with Srompu and Parrris is way more fun than sitting around Bor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.