Thread: 18.8 NEW ENGINE "Ticking Shadows"

18.8 NEW ENGINE "Ticking Shadows"

Something I didn't notice in the engine beta was the movement of the shadows of static objects in game, that is trees, building etc, rather than a gradual slow movement they would have as the suns move across the sky, the ones on RK seem to "tick" like a the seconds hand on a clock at about every 3 second intervals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJeUWurUHI

You can see it happening this video right after the intro as I'm reading out the mission description.

Can smoothing this motion (and probably slow down the day/night cycle) this be added to the "to-do" list for the new engine please ?

Thank you.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

This has been pointed out before. In Age of Conan they shift like every 30 seconds so less con****uous, probably should do the same here if can't speed up to several times a second update.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

you also notice the 3 levels of shadows building on top of each other.
    first comes superblocky that gets replaced by finer quality that gets replaced by one even higher quality.
    thers all kinds of ticking in the shadows :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!