Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - June 2015 (Uno, dos, tres, Catorce!)

Thanks Michi! Cant wait to see the pyramid! And hopefully i can log into the new engine soon without crashing
    After 10+ years i still dont know what im doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    On the subject of "Other visual enhancements", i know of atleast a dozen AO players who spend time elsewhere on the interwebs who are quite talented texture artists, animators and 3D artists who im sure would be willing to lend a hand replaceing any of the assets you'd like to see upgraded to take full advantage of features the new engine has to offer.
    I'd also hazard a guess that AO is a higher priority to those players than it is to FC, maybe you'd conssider a competion of some sort open to people who'd actualy like to contribute to the ongoing world of AO.
    Starting with somethign like a basic texture challenge for a building or random npc/mob and if the quality of entries meets the standard possibly, offering up something more intresting in the future.
    There is the past precedent of Docaholic's icons work to build on too. After some, ahem, initial faffery it worked out well from a player perspective. I support extending this fan-made support!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Any plans to replace current GUI? Everyone uses dovvetech and hasfor years. Why not adopt it or redo the entire system or is that even possible with coding limits?
    Everyone? lol, not even close.

It seems like a lot of people complain about the new engine being not as impressive. But here's the most important thing to me: It lets me actually play on my new laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone! This past Saturday marked Anarchy Online's 14th anniversary. Thank you to GSP and ARK for hosting the event, and to everyone who was able to attend!

Anniversary Event

Last week The Tinker, the Desert Rider, and his Desert Nomads returned to Rubi-Ka, and they will remain until July 13th. Those who assist The Tinker a sufficient amount will be awarded with a "Vacuum Packed Desert Nomad Armor." Additionally, when the Desert Rider falls, it will spawn a large gift that will offer an additional reward item for everyone who helped defeat this scoundrel; simply run through the large box to claim a prize!

During this event, we are also offering a new subscription offer, the details of which can be found here. In addition to the normal incentives included with these bundles, this year will be offering access to the Luxurious Armor set.

Finally, please be sure to log in during this event to grab your Ganimedes Personal Jetpack, and other free items from the Item Shop.
    Great work Michi!!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but does available "until July 13th" mean it all goes poof at 12:00am on the 13th? I.E. Effectively until July 13th equals thru July 12th?

Or, will everything anniversary go away at the last moment of July 13th instead of the first moment?

Emma

I am not playing on the new engine (crashes) but have to say Michi is the best thing to happen to AO in a long time.

PLEASE SELL/GIVE AWAY A BIGGER INVENTORY.

Thank you.

Also grats.

[OT-RP] Ninomp: people invited me randomly
    [OT-RP] Ninomp: for gauntlet
    [OT-RP] Ninomp: on MP!!!
    [OT-RP] Dangeragent: wot, how they dare
    [OT-RP] Ninomp: i got invited for pvm content on MP!!!

Enough said... Year is 2015 A.D. And MPs are getting pvm invites... in primetime with other people avaliable. LAWL!

Honestly new engine came before MPs were viable for pvm. but there we go devs made it happen. Good job.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    MPs are getting pvm invites... in primetime with other people avaliable.
    Omgz0rs! NERF MP NAO!!!11!!!!!!12!

Seriously, thanks a lot Michizure. The engine does so much for the atmosphere in this game. The changes to the professions fit very well. AO is on a really good way. Now, take the cahnce and let the community help in making textures! There are so many artists and tech guys on this game and I think most of them would be more than happy to help make AO better, the game that played a huge role in our lifes for a huge part of our lifes.

I hereby support the idea of player made content!

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    Omgz0rs! NERF MP NAO!!!11!!!!!!12!

Seriously, thanks a lot Michizure. The engine does so much for the atmosphere in this game. The changes to the professions fit very well. AO is on a really good way. Now, take the cahnce and let the community help in making textures! There are so many artists and tech guys on this game and I think most of them would be more than happy to help make AO better, the game that played a huge role in our lifes for a huge part of our lifes.

I hereby support the idea of player made content!
    Totally agree, this would be the cuda approach to textures; just have all submissions sign a disclaimer to any work produced.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

As always, great work Michi!!
    I would also like to add that I think the Community Texture Project (CTP) should be a thing.

This is a community with a lot of talented people who love AO. I say put their talents to good use!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Great Idea, Funcom said as early as 2011 they will focus on community generated content for new games. Why not some community generated textures for old AO?

Costs nothing, just enable it like UI skins.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Keep up the great work AO team

Even saw the subway absolutely crawling with people the other night! Not veterans, but new players!

Now, like any good example of how to be bad, I coerced them into flagging up and killed them all and then stole their loot, but hell, the muggers in the Subway were going to do that anyways. The way I see it, they received a more personal interaction AND it gave them something to look forward to, to strive towards, and that builds character.

So please, put this game on Steam after a few engine tweaks and the new lower-level zone and make SL expansion free-to-play so that I may assist in building the character of more fresh blood in the true spirit... of Anarchy.

Mich..... err instead of putting the dev team on the very nice new dungeon right away - could you please give someone half a day or so to fix the dragons. I'm now loving playing the new client and enjoying the game much more if it's possible to do so. But it sort of falls over when I'm at tara and am just attacking a floating name. same goes for xark, razor and even rancid. Please Please fix it. You can even turn me into something nasty if you wish at the next party!!!!

Datch

PS like the post cheesy

Doubtful to happen not worth pitching it probably, but how about an official endorsement of reshade? It performs miracles with the new client.

The funny part about the invisible dragons is that perks/nanos which give a mob a coloured glow e.g. Tracer still give you the coloured glow around the shape so you can see it Perhaps that simplified model can be used as the basis for new dragon models?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Dark matter dragons?

So yeah, as many say, new engine's not a big revolution - mainly because it's DX9ish, been started too long ago, changed direction too many times, not been supported enough by FC, & last but not least because it's rendering VERY old assets (textures, 3D, etc) as old as 1999 ; that said, AO won't (and shouldn't try to) compete latest games anyways.

So, it's a nice evolution to bring up along with rebalance and NPE. It will need a lot of work (bodies, faces, textures and PLZ nature, e.g. trees on RK that look like dead branches in an 80's horror movie) wich could be brought by playbase, àla Docaholic !1! Top of all, it's good to have these out, even beta, so AO (at least) feels like << Still Alive >> (TM).

In short : gratz for this, been long to come up with, not even quite finished, but please receive sincere encouragements (@Michi & rest of team) to keep it up from here.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    On the subject of "Other visual enhancements", i know of atleast a dozen AO players who spend time elsewhere on the interwebs who are quite talented texture artists, animators and 3D artists who im sure would be willing to lend a hand replaceing any of the assets you'd like to see upgraded to take full advantage of features the new engine has to offer.
    I'd also hazard a guess that AO is a higher priority to those players than it is to FC, maybe you'd consider a competition of some sort open to people who'd actualy like to contribute to the ongoing world of AO.
    Starting with somethign like a basic texture challenge for a building or random npc/mob and if the quality of entries meets the standard possibly, offering up something more intresting in the future.
    This is a really good idea, Funcom should make use of the passionate and skilled user base we have. Although in Docaholics case it was his intiative that made the dev team take notice, therefore if a player was truly interested in helping update some of the outdated textures they should most likely start their own initiative and hopefully it will be noticed.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks93 View Post
    This is a really good idea, Funcom should make use of the passionate and skilled user base we have. Although in Docaholics case it was his intiative that made the dev team take notice, therefore if a player was truly interested in helping update some of the outdated textures they should most likely start their own initiative and hopefully it will be noticed.
    Simply quoting for visibility
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast