Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspect Ratio change for widescreen moniters

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    What do you use, a Mac?
    He meant "in a window", as in, not fullscreen, as in having the title bar and windows border around it.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    He meant "in a window", as in, not fullscreen, as in having the title bar and windows border around it.
    Oh hey, Drax

It also doesn't fully throttle up my GPU in borderless windowed. Has anyone figured out a fix for the aspect ratio in fullscreen?

For reference, it seems you can fix it by alt-tabbing out and back in. It will revert to being "squished" if you zoom into first person, and occasionally upon zoning.

Note that this fixes it for me, but may not work for everyone, obviously.

That was the first thing I noticed when loading up the new engine, didn't like my 21:9 aspect ratio. Wasn't a big issue for me since I play windowed 16:10. I couldn't imagine playing AO fullscreen and having to alt-tab etc. Always doing other things even outside of looking up AO related material on the web, including playing Cities:Skylines in a window at the same time.

I play different games fullscreen or windowed. Immersive games like Borderlands, GTAV, Alien Isolation etc I play fullscreen. RTS-types, MMOs I play windowed.

I play everything in borderless window if possible :| sometimes it even runs better in borderless, like League of Legends is impossible to run with a stable framerate in fullscreen, dunno why, but with borderless the framerate never moves from 60 and doesn't even stress my GPU enough to bother clocking up.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Hmm.. is that just in AO's New Engine? I've used 560 Ti's in SLI before moving to a single 780 and never had that happen, both cards were being used properly with my 3 monitors, most games being played in Borderless Windowed mode. (as properly as SLI gets, anyway)
    Could also be that SLI has no issues but multi-GPU without SLI does. Not a common setup though.

Either that or I have another reason to be wary of AMD's tempting GPUs.. never had a Crossfire setup.
    Bit late as a reply Digi, I've upgraded to win-10 (skipped win8) and the new DX-12 API is pretty stunning now I've tried it to be honest, that and AMD have said they have now dropped mantle :/ , that plus the newer features cropping up in the latest premiere/media encoder etc, make staying with the intel/nvidia camp pretty compelling; kinda strange really as intel began as part of big brother AMD, and have gone on to become the "big brother" company but I'd much rather yet another company came on the scene and introduced more competition to the market.

Remember Cyrix cpus anyone ? ..../shudder
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Bit late as a reply Digi, I've upgraded to win-10 (skipped win8) and the new DX-12 API is pretty stunning now I've tried it to be honest, that and AMD have said they have now dropped mantle :/ , that plus the newer features cropping up in the latest premiere/media encoder etc, make staying with the intel/nvidia camp pretty compelling; kinda strange really as intel began as part of big brother AMD, and have gone on to become the "big brother" company but I'd much rather yet another company came on the scene and introduced more competition to the market.

Remember Cyrix cpus anyone ? ..../shudder
    On Win10 as well. Having some minor issues with audio gear drivers (as expected), but it should all be 100% sorted soon. I'm on the amd fx + nvidia camp on 2 of my machines and it's flawless for what I do on them. If I ever need the horsepower that high-end Intel delivers I'll make the switch and watch my wallet go boom for a "good" cause.
    AMD's been struggling after the FX 8-core series and hasn't released anything I'd buy for a long time. I truly hope that changes in a way that provides suitable competition for the market but it's not looking great.
    Cyrix (and later VIA) CPU's could make a comeback. Motorola used to make some great stuff too, though outside of the x86 architecture spectrum.

On the DX12 front.. I've dabbled with Unreal Engine 4's stuff and I want DX12 games to come asap. It's going to be a great time to game in.

One can only hope.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>