Thread: Celebrate Anarchy Online's 14 Year Anniversary!

Funcom employee Celebrate Anarchy Online's 14 Year Anniversary!

Celebrate the 14th Anniversary of Anarchy Online with us! The Desert Rider has returned and The Tinker is back to her usual shenanigans to thwart her foe! Festivities include new items, new membership offers, and the new graphics engine open beta! Read all about it here!

Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

"Open beta" is the key term that hasn't been spoken yet. Thanks everything makes more sense now.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

No free month? Go to hell..

Quote Originally Posted by kazador View Post
    no free month? Go to hell..
    you mean go to inferno ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I just paid for 12 month sub 2 months ago...FML

Now I really regret buying that 12 month sub.
    Last edited by Enforser; Jun 25th, 2015 at 23:57:17.
    Ninja Turtle Soup.

Ya FC has the most backwards method of rewarding long term customers.

Hello valued customer, we know you've been buying our product for the last 10 years, and since you haven't missed a subscription renewal, we know you'll just come back for more. Instead, we're going to entice a bunch of scrubs who might not even renew for the next three months by giving them a bunch of stuff you want.

Hey, FC, you know what? Your marketing team has it backwards. If you want to keep customers happy, why don't you ensure that those that have maintained a steady stream of revenue for this game don't go unrewarded.

I don't particularly *need* a luxurious armour set, but ya know what? It would be cool to make sure I got one too.

Considering I buy 6 x 12month subscriptions every year, and this advertising simple says: "you don't matter", it doesn't really give me a lot of impetus to do ANY kind of positive word of mouth advertising for you. In fact, it makes me want to hate on FC/AO on public forums.

Thanks for nothing,

A loyal customer.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Hello valued customer, we know you've been buying our product for the last 10 years, and since you haven't missed a subscription renewal, we know you'll just come back for more. Instead, we're going to entice a bunch of scrubs who might not even renew for the next three months by giving them a bunch of stuff you want.

Hey, FC, you know what? Your marketing team has it backwards. If you want to keep customers happy, why don't you ensure that those that have maintained a steady stream of revenue for this game don't go unrewarded.

I don't particularly *need* a luxurious armour set, but ya know what? It would be cool to make sure I got one too.

Considering I buy 6 x 12month subscriptions every year, and this advertising simple says: "you don't matter", it doesn't really give me a lot of impetus to do ANY kind of positive word of mouth advertising for you. In fact, it makes me want to hate on FC/AO on public forums.

Thanks for nothing,

A loyal customer.
    Because swapping to single month renewal just before the anniversary is difficult right? You know fine well that they do this EVERY YEAR.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 26th, 2015 at 01:31:41.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You guys can still get the anniversary option. My sub still goes until August, but if you scroll down there's a spot that says "Special Anniversary Membership Offer" and when you click on that it takes you to the 3, 6, or 12 month options that can be added onto your current subscription. I ran into that problem myself with the holiday offer. I subbed for 6 months like normal, then noticed the actual area for it, had to put in a support ticket.

Question: Are the armor pieces account-wide? Or just one claim available?

NM just saw this on the account page:
    * Items are available in the claim section in the in-game store
    ** Shared among characters on the account

So yay!
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You guys can still get the anniversary option. My sub still goes until August, but if you scroll down there's a spot that says "Special Anniversary Membership Offer" and when you click on that it takes you to the 3, 6, or 12 month options that can be added onto your current subscription. I ran into that problem myself with the holiday offer. I subbed for 6 months like normal, then noticed the actual area for it, had to put in a support ticket.
    Yeah um, I am not buying another year after buying a year 2 months ago. Especially since I only played 3-4 weeks then the past month haven't even logged in. I've been sick past 2 weeks and haven't played any games at all but I probably wouldn't have been playing AO even if I wasn't sick.

I bought a year knowing I'd probably play a month here and there, I plan to look back after the 12 months and see how much I played(I was hopeful/optimistic). Now I find out about this offer and I'm a little upset and I'm worried that I'll be even more regretful about buying a 1yr sub if it ends and I had hardly played during my subscription.

Buy oh well.. You live, You learn.
    Ninja Turtle Soup.

I went for the year deal in January. What are you expecting me to do? Go for another year deal only 6 months later? And then again next January? Come on.

Not that I care overly much about the armour, I'm just pointing out how absurd it is to essentially chide people for paying a yearly sub.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Every year, same story. Its the world today.

I bought shoes 55€, Then next week gf saw em on sale for 34.99. Life aint fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

You guys know these subscription offers come along during the holidays and during the anniversary. It's up to you whether you want to pay for a year sub every 6 months. I personally don't, but then I don't care for the way the Luxury armor looks anyways. During the year there's constant begging for sub offers, then when they come around, it's "how dare you not consider people who just bought a year's subscription for my 20 accounts a week ago! this is a slap in the face!" Take a step back and read how ridiculous you sound. You have 3 options: Pay for the extra months and shut up, don't pay for the extra months and shut up, or talk to Funcom's live chat and see if they'll be nice and just discount it for the months since you last renewed and also shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Thanks for nothing,

A loyal customer.
    +100 Nooba, and they do this in other games as well, it's a kick in the teeth.

In TSW they released a special offer, which included a kick-ass looking outfit and other component stuff as part of the offer but even as a Grandmaster account I can't access it.

What they should have done is offered the outfit and component parts to all account holders of equal or greater status as well. I would have paid for the outfit separately, but I'm not forking out big $$$ for everything else just to get it.

Very weird way of doing things.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Very weird way of doing things.
    It's exactly the same way every other subscription based service in existence operates in regards to 'sub-based offers'.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Soo, "free open beta" as in "you pay us to find the bugs". ?
    Last edited by Shareida; Jun 28th, 2015 at 14:15:50.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    No free as in you can access it from a fr00b account on the live server. Or stay with the vanilla engine.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    More like; you pay (or play as froob) to play the game on the live server as before. If you want to test the beta engine while you do that, you are free to do that. If not, use the old engine.

Even though they come along every year they really should include anyone who is currently in one of those payment brackets. It is pretty messed up that you could have bought a 12 month sub a month ago and not be eligible. That doesn't teach the lesson that you should wait until the anniversary event to resub, that teaches the lesson that they don't care about current long term subscribers since they have your money you and in the future you just shouldn't bother.

Were talking virtual goods here, not physical ones so there is no cost to costumer loyalty loss ratio to consider here.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.