Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics Engine NOW available on Testlive!

Last edited by Caloss2; Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:46:18.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwest21 View Post
    You don't need to do the duplicator just run the installer from the forum post install to a different directory run and patch and play Done that's all i did
    Ding ding... We have a winner.

Forgot how some people on the forums are such douches. I did read the post and I did install it, it's the patching which isnt working.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwillow View Post
    Forgot how some people on the forums are such douches. I did read the post and I did install it, it's the patching which isnt working.
    I'm a douche everywhere did you install to a fresh shiny new place willow or over an existing one ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Comming to LIVE tommorow, let's hope "all" bugs are worked out so it works on most gfx cards
    Oh, and Michi told me on test, so pretty sure that's what they are aiming for
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

douche was for the other guy Carl, not for you ofc.
    Yeah fresh install in a different directory. Funny that I get checksum errors all the time, even when i am patching for the normal AO.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

At least it's an option. I would choose NOT to use the option if it's the exact same as what is on Test Live right now.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Some can't choose. A lot of people out there with switchable graphics laptops, especially those with amd discrete+intel "hd" have A LOT of problems running the game.

For example, my girlfriend and my sister may now actually get back to playing more actively (they've tested it and runs great with the new engine as-is on Test Live). With the current engine nano effects get in a grid all over the screen in dizzying ways and they can't see the ground after about a minute. They also couldn't benefit from their discrete chips even though they've set everything correctly on the Catalyst and on the laptop's Power settings (nothing on BIOS to disable discrete cards and no unlocked BIOS for their models, sadly).
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Hellu.

Just a quick piece of feedback:

I saw this thread and got curious. It's been so long since this whole engine thing began so I felt like downloading the game for testlive and try it out a bit.

My PC:
    GPU: Nvidia Titan Z (SLI enabled)
    CPU: Intel i7 @ 4.3 ghz.
    16GB 1866 RAM.
    AO installed on an SSD.

Been running around Tir, Old Athen, some backyard and ICC.

1. My FPS is kinda naff. 35-60 FPS depending on what I'm looking at. Only get 60+ if I look directly down at the ground.

2. Shadows seem overly connected to light sources. What I mean is that if I stand next to a big lamp post, then that lamp will cast a shadow from my character but that shadow often gets interrupted and replaced entirely by a shadow caused by some lightsource that's no where near me. It looks a bit weird. I also saw something weird from the lamp post just inside an Old Athen backyard, by the bank there. Moving around that lamp post made the shadow behave in ways it shouldn't. There are 2 lamps on that lamp-post and they cast 1 shadow each that go in completely different directions even though the whole lamp post and both lamps are to the same side of my character. If the 2 lamps on this lamp post actually only cast 1 shadow and that the second shadow I saw was from a different light source, then that other light source's shadow is somehow wrong. Because whatever was happening there, it didn't look right.

3. Upon leaving the Old Athen backyard, I noticed that the trees have this very strong fuzzy outline. Dunno what's causing that but it looks really weird.

4. The game is squashed a bit. I run the game at 1920x1080 but it looks as if it's a 1920x800ish resolution, so my character looks squashed. Like he was hit on the head with a giant mallet

5. I run the game in borderless because that was the best way to alt-tab the game before. But now the game needs 2 seconds to alt tab out to desktop and alt-tabbing back in requires it to reload the game a bit, so alt-tabbing isn't something I'll be doing much. I hope this gets improved somehow or I hope that it simply works better in one of the other settings like fullscreen, though I doubt that to be the case.

7. While running around in ICC, the game crashed and wouldn't close. I had to ctrl-alt-del but even then, my mouse pointer wouldn't show up so I had to use my keyboard to get any access to the processes-window to close down the anarchy process.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 25th, 2015 at 13:59:47.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Hellu.

Just a quick piece of feedback:

I saw this thread and got curious. It's been so long since this whole engine thing began so I felt like downloading the game for testlive and try it out a bit.

My PC:
    GPU: Nvidia Titan Z
    CPU: Intel i7 @ 4.3 ghz.
    16GB 1866 RAM.
    AO installed on an SSD.

Been running around Tir, Old Athen, some backyard and ICC.

1. My FPS is kinda naff. 35-60 FPS depending on what I'm looking at. Only get 60+ if I look directly down at the ground.

2. Shadows seem overly connected to light sources. What I mean is that if I stand next to a big lamp post, then that lamp will cast a shadow from my character but that shadow often gets interrupted and replaced entirely by a shadow caused by some lightsource that's no where near me. It looks a bit weird. I especially saw this from the lamp post just inside an Old Athen backyard, by the bank there. Moving around that lamppost made the shadow behave in ways it shouldn't. There are 2 lamps on that lamp-post and they cast 1 shadow each that go in completely different directions even those the whole lamp post and both lamps ar to the same side of my character.

3. Upon leaving the Old Athen backyard, I noticed that the trees have this very strong fuzzy outline. Dunno what's causing that but it looks really weird.

4. The game is squashed a bit. I run the game at 1920x1080 but it looks as if it's a 1920x800ish resolution, so my character looks squashed. Like he was hit on the head with a giant mallet

5. I run the game in borderless because that was the best way to alt-tab the game before. But now the game needs 2 seconds to alt tab out to desktop and alt-tabbing back in requires it to reload the game a bit, so alt-tabbing isn't something I'll be doing much. I hope this gets improved somehow or I hope that it simply works better in one of the other settings like fullscreen, though I doubt that to be the case.

7. While running around in ICC, the game crashed and wouldn't close. I had to ctrl-alt-del but even then, my mouse pointer wouldn't show up so I had to use my keyboard to get any access to the window to close down the anarchy process.
    The engine on testlive doesn't really justify it's performance because that server isn't actually hosted by FC, it's hosted by GM's/Dev's. (From what I heard) I could be wrong though. I hope i'm not.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    The engine on testlive doesn't really justify it's performance because that server isn't actually hosted by FC, it's hosted by GM's/Dev's. (From what I heard) I could be wrong though. I hope i'm not.
    Engine performance doesn't have anything to do with what server it's on. And technically, that means it's also hosted by FC, and it's very likely in the same datacenter as the rest of the servers, anything else would be weird.
    Apart from that, all performance stuff is clientside.

@Wrangeline - if you run fullscreen there's an issue with new engine squashing things. Try a borderless window instead.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Damn Masta beat me to it

Looks like new install overwrites old default location, including prefs so if you are installing to same place, save those prefs 1st to copy back after.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Sigh, ebil RK4 is demanding my exclusive attention for the next 3-4 days...still, after it's all over (moving), back online. Have fun breaking engine, all!

The Installer calls it Anarchy Online Beta That won't be confusing for some people at all. Nope.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Engine performance doesn't have anything to do with what server it's on. And technically, that means it's also hosted by FC, and it's very likely in the same datacenter as the rest of the servers, anything else would be weird.
    Apart from that, all performance stuff is clientside.

@Wrangeline - if you run fullscreen there's an issue with new engine squashing things. Try a borderless window instead.
    I was using borderless
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Everything I try doesnt work. Just keep getting errors or saying install bin 1 incomplete. Ive tried downloading the individual files also but then when I go to run the program it says source file corrupt.
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Has anyone checked if hell has frozen over?

No, seriously.

~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

It has, in sweden

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast