Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Graphics Engine NOW available on Testlive!

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    Is your download dir emptying itself as well? Kinda sucks.
    All i got was a txt file that says 'current.txt'
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Guys do you know what is sad? You will wake up in 30mins

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    How do you install? I ran the installer twice now. Each time, the directory filled with the install.exe and some bin files. After a while, the installer is gone and the directory is empty except for "current.txt".
    You have to be there when it finishes the download to respond to the wizard or it times out and deletes itself. Direct it to install somewhere different from your Live install.

Emma

edit: Or, use the files Vhab posted above ... still remember to install somewhere Not over the top of your Live install. The wizard will give you a chance to select install location.
    Last edited by Emma; Jun 20th, 2015 at 17:39:21.

Emma, yep I know it will dissapear - I have slow connection at home, was downloading this stricte 15 hours and bam!, it gone. had to download it in my company and instal at home...

More Feedback:

- game sometimes crashes when zoning (2 different PCs, OS, GFX).
    - GRID looks ugliest in the world. No textures and bad lighting make this place looks like pre-alpha construct
    - At my old rig (GSF DK 250, 5 years old Intel) i have smooth 35-40 FPS, but loading time of zone/dungeon takes up to 20 seconds (maybe it cause crash?)

Fix crashes and hit it live, seriously - it looks good. Minor tweaks can be done in the fly while whe are there
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Are all textures done already? I feel that like 50% have to be redone yet :/
    Some places already look really good tho, can't wait so see it hit live .

It is highly appreciated, that you guys are doing something about the game.
    Since the new patch, the population has grown (its even hard to get a spot on bs from time to time.. ) and i really hope that those (effective) efforts will help you guys to turn it around.
    Keep up the good work!
    Obstacle1 - Fixer
    Pouritture - Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by sakus View Post
    So.. anyone have this running on Wine (Linux/OSX) yet? I tried briefly but no luck, have to keep playing around with it..
    launched it in xubuntu with wine, both 64bit

had to install dx9 libraries through winetricks (d3dx9_36.dll was enough)

fps is pretty low compared to windoes thou :x
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post
    launched it in xubuntu with wine, both 64bit

had to install dx9 libraries through winetricks (d3dx9_36.dll was enough)

fps is pretty low compared to windoes thou :x
    Got it working on OS X using Wineskin, as well. I had to switch to OpenGL for DirectDrawRenderer (instead of the default GDI) or it would just crash right away, and I also had to fiddle around with some other settings to get the grass bending shader and lighting/shadows working correctly (I'm currently using PixelShaderMode = enabled, UseGLSL = disabled, VertexShaders = Hardware). Water shader is not working, no nice specular reflection effects and a "ghost" projection around the character Otherwise all is well, performance is mostly OK but the new ICC for example is slow as hell. Using WS9WineCX14.0.0 as the wine engine. I'll keep playing around with it..

fake. everyone knows there's no new engine.

the new graphics engine? That mythical beast of legend, widely discussed but rarely seen and usually dismissed as a fairy tale?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    fake. everyone knows there's no new engine.
    Last edited by darkwest21; Jun 21st, 2015 at 00:24:26.

I just logged in after downloading the client. What can I say... Yeah, the textures feel aged, but hell... I just took a walk through Borealis and it was the first time for at least ten years that I thought "Damn.... how cool is this game?". There are aspects which need improvement, but so far this thing works like a charm and the lighting, the environmental effects, the view distance, everything. It adds so much to the atmosphere. It feels a bit like the magic returned to Anarchy Online. I really hope all this work you put into it won't go unnoticed and that AO may have something like a second spring. Thank you so much.

I have no idea why and how, but this doesn't work for me.

I downloaded the client from the thread link, installed the game, patched it, reactivated the subscription, duplicated the game for Test Life (with patching), and nothing... I just logged into the test server, and I don't see any difference, looks still like old AO.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by irontusk View Post

I downloaded the client from the thread link, installed the game, patched it, reactivated the subscription, duplicated the game for Test Life (with patching), and nothing... I just logged into the test server, and I don't see any difference, looks still like old AO.

Any tips?
    Did you try with a computer?

Any tips?
    Did you use Michizure's link for the New Engine? Or did you get the normal duplicator?
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Did you use Michizure's link for the New Engine? Or did you get the normal duplicator?
    Um, I used the normal, from AO website. And I used the link for download from this thread.

If you got the solution It would be great if you post me the proper link for client and duplicator. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Did you try with a computer?
    No, I tried with a toaster...

Um, I used the normal, from AO website. And I used the link for download from this thread.

If you got the solution It would be great if you post me the proper link for client and duplicator. Thanks!
    The correct link to duplicate with the new engine is: http://update.anarchy-online.com/dow...ONewEngine.exe
    This link was supplied by Michizure at: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...=1#post6216203

If that failed I would use all the links supplied above in Vhab's post.. linky for easy times: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...=1#post6216384

I hope this solves your issues, mate. It's definitely worth it seeing the new engine come alive.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    The correct link to duplicate with the new engine is: http://update.anarchy-online.com/dow...ONewEngine.exe
    This link was supplied by Michizure at: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...=1#post6216203

If that failed I would use all the links supplied above in Vhab's post.. linky for easy times: https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...=1#post6216384

I hope this solves your issues, mate. It's definitely worth it seeing the new engine come alive.
    Thanks a lot for your help! I will try all the options

You don't need to do the duplicator just run the installer from the forum post install to a different directory run and patch and play Done that's all i did

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast