Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2015 (Yes We Rubi-Kan!)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - May 2015 (Yes We Rubi-Kan!)

Hello everyone - I hope everyone had a great May! Most of the internal whirlwind of 18.7's initial launch has died down, with focus now shifted towards the upcoming Anniversary and future content updates.

18.7 & 18.7.4
    18.7.0 went Live a little over a month ago, and I still couldn't be happier with how it turned out, given the grand scope of the update. The patch did come with a few hiccups, most of which have been resolved with the follow-up patches, but there are still a few lingering issues which I hope to resolve with the upcoming 18.7.4.

Bundled with 18.7.4, based on feedback from various sources within the community, a number of profession toolset changes will be implemented. With a game as complex as AO, things will continue to change and adapt over time. I currently do not have any more sweeping profession change patches planned, but adjustments will be made with future patches, as needed. I initially estimated to have this patch out earlier this month, but the smaller patches that were released this month resulted in pushing back this set of changes - Sorry for the delay. I plan to have this on Testlive early next week, and on Live not too long after.

2015 Anniversary
    Less than a month from now will be Anarchy Online's 14th birthday! Preparations are being made for this celebration. The Tinker will be returning with some new gifts for everyone! While there will be guaranteed rewards for the people who earn loot rights on the Desert Rider, as this is a celebration for all, it will be possible for others to acquire his spoils. Best of luck to everyone! The anniversary event should begin during the week of June 27th.

It is fun to think back 14 years. I do remember having fun pouring over the old Rubi-Ka map that came inside of the large, orange box that AO shipped in. Having never played a MMO or any kind of RPG of the size and scale of AO, I really had no idea of what I was getting myself into, and I certainly did not expect to find a game that would eventually stay relevant to me for almost half of my life. Anarchy Online has affected many people over its lifetime, even impacting the industry as a whole. It is still very humbling to hold this role over such a figure of gaming history. Thank you everyone who has played a part in making, maintaining, and keeping Anarchy Online alive for the past 14 years!

Future Content
    As mentioned in last month's letter, there are two new locations planned to be implemented. While there is still a very considerable amount of work to be done, I will reveal that both The Reck, a southern Rubi-Ka region near Rome, and the Broken Shores pyramid will be where this content takes place. The Reck will contain content aimed for players between roughly level 100 to 150 while the Pyramid of Home will be an end-game encounter.

Thank you everyone! I will post up a news article when the birthday preparations have been complete, with details on the event, new items, subscription offers, etc. Also, don't forget to get your jetpacks!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I do remember having fun pouring over the old Rubi-Ka map that came inside of the large, orange box that AO shipped in.
    You did what?

The Reck
    You may have broken Onack.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

wooo anniversary stuff!!
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Yay! More areas for Omni-Pol to patrol!
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

The Reck! Finally! I feel somewhat vindicated that the Map nanos I uploaded for that place weren't in vain after all. (Yes, yes I know Map Nav is gone, shhh.) Now what about The Spur

Anyway, no teasers about what's coming with .4?

Oh yes, will the Pyramid still be where we bump into Number Nine after leaving the Beast Lair or will that get moved ot make way for the New Thing?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Keep up the great work Michi
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Oh yes, will the Pyramid still be where we bump into Number Nine after leaving the Beast Lair or will that get moved ot make way for the New Thing?
    There is a door back behind the room Number Nine is in which many people assumed would lead into the pyramid itself which seems like a likely entrance for the new encounter, so if that's the case will we have to go through Pandemonium and the Beast lair to access it or will the front door be changed to work from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You did what?
    I have that map oO
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Omg I have been asking for those places to be opened for forever!
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

the Broken Shores pyramid
    :E

Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

New content not level lock is it?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I thought The Reck was intended for 90-150 ? Also, will it be level locked ?
    As for opening up The Pyramid, when are we going to find out what's in the chests in Crypt of Home ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Will there be any changes to Mechanized Reflect Shield? The current requirements are bit out of line now.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    You may have broken Onack.
    He'll be patched in 18.7.5
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

and the Broken Shores pyramid
    FOR TEH MODAFOKIN AWESOME GOD MICHIZUNE!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I HAVE WAITED SINCE 2008 FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all caps intented)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Nice upcoming changes ! Any tie in with the Chests in CoH?
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Great update Michi ... I also remember/have those early boxes/maps as well as the boxes from when SL came out, however I can't say that the last 12 years for me represent almost half my life, perhaps half of my son & daughter's lives though.

Looking forward to 18.7.4, the anniversary content & offers ... and Yes! Jetpacks!!

Emma

I appreciate the great work and updates you provide, Michi!
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast